**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

What I feel like right now...

200.gif

Some nice things from tonight’s friendly (tempo, Weah’s beautiful ball to Bobby) but Colombia obviously outclassed us. I’m excited because I know this group will keep growing together.

The youngins gave it a good effort and that's all I can ask for.

Bradley should never be called up again after this :stoneface:

also, this is the second straight home game where it really felt like an away game. The federation has some 'splaining to do :smh:

Florida has the largest Colombian population in the U.S. and the Tampa Bay area has a small, but visible enough Colombian population.

I'm not denying that. I am also aware that between NY and NJ there is a large Brazilian (and Colombian) population as well. My issue is the federation's lack of will to look into why aren't US fans willing to pull up and fill up that empty half of the stadium. Fact is that every time a south american NT comes and plays here, it will always feel like an away game cause the federation has done f*ckall to fix that so it can actually feel like a US home match. They'd rather just cash in.

Defensively, the US looked terrible the whole game. Saief & Robinson looked really bad. The left side Saief was supposed to man got ravaged by Colombia.

Switching to the right didn’t make things better either.This might even be too high a level for Saief to play. He looked really out of his league. Not sure how he’s surviving at Anderlecht.

Brooks & Miazga didn’t defend very well either. That whole back like got abused & they didn’t get much help from molasses *** slow Bradley & the woeful effort put in by Saief.

Offensively they looked so much better bcs they were pushing the ball up field & playing with tempo. Trying to play possession & passing isn’t a US strong suit...

I know they didn’t have all their players but this was kind of discouraging...

Matchday!

Can't say I am excited for tonight's match especially reading that Sarachan is considering starting Guzan at goal :smh:

Offensively they looked so much better bcs they were pushing the ball up field & playing with tempo. Trying to play possession & passing isn’t a US strong suit...
the one "positive" takeaway I think we can come away from with this match vs Colombia, is that we looked our "best" (relatively speaking anyways) when we had established wingers on the flanks and maintained a good attacking shape; which hopefully whoever eventually takes over as manager takes not of and goes into every match trying to play bunker ball.

The game blew the hell up and went to complete **** when Sarachan started making defensive subs and tried keep the draw lmao

I like everything about this line up except Guzan. Our wingbacks got killed against Colombia so let's see what Sweat and Cannon do. Amon and Sarge starting too :pimp:

Amon looks very promising. He should’ve already had at least several caps.

Very sloppy passing. US really needs to develope better midfield players...

too many errors. I felt that we should've been up 1-0. Acosta should've had that

Daaaaaaaaaaamn Taylor put the US footy HOF on blast.... A prime example of the dumb*ssery of US footy...

I'm watching it in spanish, what did Taylor say? :nerd:

I'm watching it in spanish, what did Taylor say? :nerd:
The big thing he keyed in on was that the HOF have 280 voters & only 32% voted. In all the other sports they have a bigger voting base & avg 95% voters. Also if you don’t vote, you lose your right but not in US Footy HOF.

He called out US footy media, mls, nwusl, & current HOF members for not turning out to vote.

He also said US soccer & mls should separate their HOF mainly bcs the voting turn out is so poor that deserving players don’t get in bcs the lil but of voting can be so one sided.

Thank god, that needed to be said. Taylor is the ONLY person willing to call the BS within US Soccer

Coincidence that we gave up the equalizer after bradley and yedlin came on or naw??

Sargent looked quite nice, Amon was solid and showed promise

Weah was ok, Acosta was ok.

Idk why Delgado gets looks when Christian Roldan doesn’t.

I’m good neveer seeing Sweat again

Cannon was interesting, I want to see more of him. He looked alright defensively.

What happened to Yeslin?!?!? He doesn’t look like he’s progressed at all. In fact he seems like he’s regressed. His defending is sometime awful.

It's amazing how long it's been since the USMNT has been without a permanent head coach.

Was watching the women play in a friendly the other day. It's amazing how fundamentally sound they are even with largely a newish group of players. The crisp passing (the ball was zipping around nicely), the movement off the ball, tactical discipline, spacial awareness. you just don't see that with the men's team, ever... You might see it in spurts here & there but the women's team is so much better tactically & fundamentally (by a laaarge margin).

Pulisic had a nice shot on goal but you can't give that much space when attempting to defend... :smh:

Three Lions play such rudimentary footy & US gettin' beat like red headed one eyed step children...

that goal was on Pulisic tbh
He just stood there watching Lingard set up & then drill the shot. Lingard had so much time & space to make sure he got off a good shot.

If I saw stupidness like that, a player would give me a minimum of 100 laps around the pitch along with 1000 push ups & sit ups... I would not tolerate stupidity like that...

He just stood there watching Lingard set up & then drill the shot. Lingard had so much time & space to make sure he got off a good shot.

If I saw stupidness like that, a player would give me a minimum of 100 laps around the pitch along with 1000 push ups & sit ups...
i mean it started with a Zardes looking fumbling first touch, then he pouted, and walked back to defend, but yes 1000 pushups and sit ups to Pulisic

Back
Top Bottom