**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Xpost from the Footy Thread for my boys in here:

"Did the doubleheader in person last night. Had pitchside seats. Was a fantastic experience overall.

Davies is a beast. He came on at about 60min and immediately torched his Panamanian defender. He's a next level player and its very revealing to see that live and in person. Dude is just built different.

USMNT absolutely dominated / punked/ son'd MEX and I am here for it. Think MX had one shot on goal the whole time. P*to chant started bright and early and we were constantly getting announcements over the speakers in both languages, which were roundly boo'd or laughed off by MX fans. Pulisic missed that first sitter and you thought it was going to be a long night, but MX couldn't string anything together and both US centerbacks owned their matchups; MX had no answers besides their obnoxious 1/4 field crossing pattern, and then Jedi and Serginho shut that down.

Got spicy real quick. MX easily should have seen red earlier, and the USMNT's retaliation reds were epically soft compared to how they were getting hacked. Multiple fights involving multiple people broke out in the stands (at least 4 from where I could see); 1 between an older white guy (who was probably chirping) and a group of drunk Mexicans, and then three fights just with Mexican dudes going after each other. Metro police had to stream down the stairs repeatedly and the MX crowd would try to hide the offenders and skirt them away up another set of stairs. Saw one guy with his ear practically torn off and bleeding down the neck of his shirt and back.

Had beer, cups, food and trash thrown at me and my girl repeatedly w/o provocation (just wearing the wrong colors and cheering "at the wrong time"). Attendance listed as 65k sellout, probably 80% MX fans, with the remainder split between US, CAN, and PAN fans. Multiple MX shirt-wearers absolutely ****faced drunk on the way out. Police or local security would try to intervene in some of the more egregious stuff, but would get laughed off; really pathetic.

Have come to the conclusion and will die on the hill that this brand of MX fan is the most classless fan in all of sport. If I'm there w/ the boys, sure--lets get rough and tumble. But when isolated US guys are there, very clearly with their wife, girl or kids in US colors, you don't need this ****. I saw families of US fans w/ young children leaving early after getting shouted at, abused, and **** thrown at them early in the 2nd half. Disgraceful showing.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of the CONCACAAF anti-chant push b/c imma be real and also maintain p*to has been co-opted by white intellectuals to suddenly become a homophobic slur when culturally and linguistically it's never had that connotation; the same people insisting we call ourselves Latinx think they can police our language in other ways too. But FFS get yourselves together and stop laughing at your own players when they implore you--even if just for the sake of PR--to stop the stupid chant. I hope MX gets fined into the ground and banned from competition. Can't happen fast enough."

Xpost from the Footy Thread for my boys in here:

"Did the doubleheader in person last night. Had pitchside seats. Was a fantastic experience overall.

Davies is a beast. He came on at about 60min and immediately torched his Panamanian defender. He's a next level player and its very revealing to see that live and in person. Dude is just built different.

USMNT absolutely dominated / punked/ son'd MEX and I am here for it. Think MX had one shot on goal the whole time. P*to chant started bright and early and we were constantly getting announcements over the speakers in both languages, which were roundly boo'd or laughed off by MX fans. Pulisic missed that first sitter and you thought it was going to be a long night, but MX couldn't string anything together and both US centerbacks owned their matchups; MX had no answers besides their obnoxious 1/4 field crossing pattern, and then Jedi and Serginho shut that down.

Got spicy real quick. MX easily should have seen red earlier, and the USMNT's retaliation reds were epically soft compared to how they were getting hacked. Multiple fights involving multiple people broke out in the stands (at least 4 from where I could see); 1 between an older white guy (who was probably chirping) and a group of drunk Mexicans, and then three fights just with Mexican dudes going after each other. Metro police had to stream down the stairs repeatedly and the MX crowd would try to hide the offenders and skirt them away up another set of stairs. Saw one guy with his ear practically torn off and bleeding down the neck of his shirt and back.

Had beer, cups, food and trash thrown at me and my girl repeatedly w/o provocation (just wearing the wrong colors and cheering "at the wrong time"). Attendance listed as 65k sellout, probably 80% MX fans, with the remainder split between US, CAN, and PAN fans. Multiple MX shirt-wearers absolutely ****faced drunk on the way out. Police or local security would try to intervene in some of the more egregious stuff, but would get laughed off; really pathetic.

Have come to the conclusion and will die on the hill that this brand of MX fan is the most classless fan in all of sport. If I'm there w/ the boys, sure--lets get rough and tumble. But when isolated US guys are there, very clearly with their wife, girl or kids in US colors, you don't need this ****. I saw families of US fans w/ young children leaving early after getting shouted at, abused, and **** thrown at them early in the 2nd half. Disgraceful showing.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of the CONCACAAF anti-chant push b/c imma be real and also maintain p*to has been co-opted by white intellectuals to suddenly become a homophobic slur when culturally and linguistically it's never had that connotation; the same people insisting we call ourselves Latinx think they can police our language in other ways too. But FFS get yourselves together and stop laughing at your own players when they implore you--even if just for the sake of PR--to stop the stupid chant. I hope MX gets fined into the ground and banned from competition. Can't happen fast enough."
Yeah I texted my homie last night about p*to and was like "doesn't that just mean the B word?" He may just be one Mexican and El Tri supporter, but he stated he's never thought about the chant as anything but that. I remember j*to was the homophobic term I heard growing up, but again that's just my limited experience.

As for the El Tri supporters I figured folks would be wasted going to the match, especially with it being in Vegas. Sorry to hear about what happened to you and your lady, it's a shame because I already know that I wouldn't try that environment with my wife and kids. It's pretty much why we've never attended an NFL game in person as a family, folks get dumb wasted and the games are often higher leverage than baseball or basketball, so folks lose their damn minds.

Encouraged by what we saw from the young USMNT group. Even if it was Mexico's B team with noticeable guys out due to injuries and other stuff, it felt like the US left some goals out there and it could've gotten even uglier. I'm annoyed by the whole Berhalter situation, but it is what it is at this point. Some good footy coming up so I'm excited to have a fun group to root for.

Unfortunately Mexico fans and the NT have always been classless The classless thing sticks out for generations and generations. I been to a few games and always roll deep, because I know it can get dicey. I still remember Rafa Marquez trying to take out Cobi Jones in a game because the US was beating them all game long with grit and heart.

Its amazing to see this national team grow the way they have. My brothers here on NT like AZCAT, DEADSET, SONOFTONY among others have suffered for many years thru ups and downs. From playing bunker ball, to bad players, but they have finally turn the corner and I am happier for it...:nthat:

As for the coaching situation. Not at all happy that EGG retuning to the fold. I never really was a fan of his, BUT to his credit, he really has made this team grow in leaps and bounds. Now his coaching skills are a different story, but the fellas really believe in him and if they are going to run thru a brink wall for him, so be it. I also dont want him to affect PEPI AND REYNA in the long run with all the Bs that happen at the WC, and hope all parties can move forward with best interest for the team.

Let see if we can win the final Sunday against the canucks. I am actually considering going. any other NTER might be there, hit me up.. Coming from SOCAL!!! :smokin

Unfortunately Mexico fans and the NT have always been classless The classless thing sticks out for generations and generations. I been to a few games and always roll deep, because I know it can get dicey. I still remember Rafa Marquez trying to take out Cobi Jones in a game because the US was beating them all game long with grit and heart.

Its amazing to see this national team grow the way they have. My brothers here on NT like AZCAT, DEADSET, SONOFTONY, AEPPS20 among others have suffered for many years thru ups and downs. From playing bunker ball, to bad players, but they have finally turn the corner and I am happier for it...:nthat:

As for the coaching situation. Not at all happy that EGG retuning to the fold. I never really was a fan of his, BUT to his credit, he really has made this team grow in leaps and bounds. Now his coaching skills are a different story, but the fellas really believe in him and if they are going to run thru a brink wall for him, so be it. I also dont want him to affect PEPI AND REYNA in the long run with all the Bs that happen at the WC, and hope all parties can move forward with best interest for the team.

Let see if we can win the final Sunday against the canucks. I am actually considering going. any other NTER might be there, hit me up.. Coming from SOCAL!!! :smokin

Very proud of you and all of us. Thank you for being you.

Back
Top Bottom