Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Originally Posted by bleach

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

We were all saying that maybe son was just happy to be going home a multi millionaire based off off this one short fight?
maybe if he didnt have a chance...or just had money in mind.  i dont know if it was just me, but ortiz was scraping floyd well a couple time he got him near the ropes.  floyd, for atleast those times looked uncomfortable.  you dont see that that much.  and each of those ortiz flurries were getting better and better as the fight progressed.  even if floyd was winning, it wouldve made me more hungrier just to prove i could hurt this guy.  why be all happy and smile and accept the fight just cause youve never seen 2.5 million before.
ortiz: not sure if in on fix or just dumb.  he didnt need that headbutt cause he was in control at that moment.  kissing topped it off.  
ortiz wasn't doing a thing throughout the fight
most of those shots against the ropes were missing

if floyd is hitting him with straight right hands from the first round, he was going to get knocked out anyway
harold im gonna have to agree to disagree
im gonna have to rewatch it

Originally Posted by bleach

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

We were all saying that maybe son was just happy to be going home a multi millionaire based off off this one short fight?
maybe if he didnt have a chance...or just had money in mind.  i dont know if it was just me, but ortiz was scraping floyd well a couple time he got him near the ropes.  floyd, for atleast those times looked uncomfortable.  you dont see that that much.  and each of those ortiz flurries were getting better and better as the fight progressed.  even if floyd was winning, it wouldve made me more hungrier just to prove i could hurt this guy.  why be all happy and smile and accept the fight just cause youve never seen 2.5 million before.
ortiz: not sure if in on fix or just dumb.  he didnt need that headbutt cause he was in control at that moment.  kissing topped it off.  
ortiz wasn't doing a thing throughout the fight
most of those shots against the ropes were missing

if floyd is hitting him with straight right hands from the first round, he was going to get knocked out anyway
harold im gonna have to agree to disagree
im gonna have to rewatch it

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

339rnl0.jpg
Corny. 

This.
And Ortiz was never winning the fight, the percentages don't lie... 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Typical Mayweather fight, best pound for pound CHUMPion the sport has ever produced.

It's a good thing he is fighting in this era, where this comedy is supported.  We live in an era where mindlessness, foolishness is supported (ie Mayweather, Jersey Shore, Modern Day Rap/Hip Hop).

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Typical Mayweather fight, best pound for pound CHUMPion the sport has ever produced.

It's a good thing he is fighting in this era, where this comedy is supported.  We live in an era where mindlessness, foolishness is supported (ie Mayweather, Jersey Shore, Modern Day Rap/Hip Hop).

laugh.gif

I rewound the fight (dvr) and the ref CLEARLY said "let's fight" and gave the signal to continue. Also, if Ortiz had enough sense to LOOK at the ref after that first punch Floyd gave him, he had enough sense to put his guard up. Period. I don't even see the argument.

I rewound the fight (dvr) and the ref CLEARLY said "let's fight" and gave the signal to continue. Also, if Ortiz had enough sense to LOOK at the ref after that first punch Floyd gave him, he had enough sense to put his guard up. Period. I don't even see the argument.

whoaaa didnt see the fight, caught the knockout on youtube.. lol

so much right and wrongs.. i have a love for those people with the passion to talk it out

whoaaa didnt see the fight, caught the knockout on youtube.. lol

so much right and wrongs.. i have a love for those people with the passion to talk it out

in a fight/confrontation in real life your pretty much supposed to "protect yourself at all times" ...not let your guard down..but if you went in for a handshake/hug to squash it and dude faked going in and cold cocked ya i have a hard time believing any of you would find that acceptable and not cowardly. I was a mayweather fan up until an hour ago. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt, even was entertained by his childish cocky attitude .not anymore.  and his post fight rant was pathetic. dude seriously looked like he was going to cry. like a kid at toys r us who cant get his way. dudes 34 and needs to act like it. 34 year olds don't throw tantrums. why get so defensive if you don't think you did something wrong? 

in a fight/confrontation in real life your pretty much supposed to "protect yourself at all times" ...not let your guard down..but if you went in for a handshake/hug to squash it and dude faked going in and cold cocked ya i have a hard time believing any of you would find that acceptable and not cowardly. I was a mayweather fan up until an hour ago. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt, even was entertained by his childish cocky attitude .not anymore.  and his post fight rant was pathetic. dude seriously looked like he was going to cry. like a kid at toys r us who cant get his way. dudes 34 and needs to act like it. 34 year olds don't throw tantrums. why get so defensive if you don't think you did something wrong? 

I don't even like Mayweather but I don't think he did anything wrong. It's the ref's fault, and also Ortiz's fault for letting his guard down.

I don't even like Mayweather but I don't think he did anything wrong. It's the ref's fault, and also Ortiz's fault for letting his guard down.

Mayweather did nothing wrong. You guys got to chill out.
Also question... if Ortiz headbutt landed in Floyds eyebrow and splits it wide open. The fight continues but is stopped by a doctor. What now? **# happens
Well floyd two pieced him when the ref said fight and theres that. **# happens
Not how I wanted the fight to end, but I didn't want a hugging contest either. You guys are blinded by the ending, but Floyd dissected Ortiz in the first 3 rounds. OH Ortiz hit floyd? Really? You don't see him laughing on the ropes while Ortiz is supposedly going to work? Come on. He was winning 3 rounds on 2 cards and 2 of 3 and the last. And please don't tell me if the fight went longer Ortiz had a better shot at winning. Floyds conditioning is the best out. Ortiz would have been dead.

Mayweather did nothing wrong. You guys got to chill out.
Also question... if Ortiz headbutt landed in Floyds eyebrow and splits it wide open. The fight continues but is stopped by a doctor. What now? **# happens
Well floyd two pieced him when the ref said fight and theres that. **# happens
Not how I wanted the fight to end, but I didn't want a hugging contest either. You guys are blinded by the ending, but Floyd dissected Ortiz in the first 3 rounds. OH Ortiz hit floyd? Really? You don't see him laughing on the ropes while Ortiz is supposedly going to work? Come on. He was winning 3 rounds on 2 cards and 2 of 3 and the last. And please don't tell me if the fight went longer Ortiz had a better shot at winning. Floyds conditioning is the best out. Ortiz would have been dead.

Back
Top Bottom