Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Few thoughts:

- Victor Ortiz got caught slippin and paid for it. You could tell dude ain't about that Fight Game life, all smiling and !%%% hugging and kissing. Man...apologize once and THAT'S IT. Dude was trynna get his payday and well he got it.

- Mayweather is a CLOWN. Son needs to grow the !%$* up.

- That ref is a senile old man that needs to be put out to boxing pasture. He did a horrible job after the headbutt.

- Larry Merchant is a G
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bleach

i just rewatched it

mayweather and cortez are not to blame

after deducting the point, both fighters walked out of the neutral corner and cortez said "let's go"

ortiz came out trying to apologize for the 100th time

his fault
Originally Posted by SneakerSoldier

protect yourself at all times? when floyd got head butted he put his hands up and looked at the ref 
indifferent.gif
 i guess that only applies to the other person!!!!!!!! floyd has ruined boxing he knew ortiz had a chance and he got out the only way he could. the ref did a horrible job, he didnt know what to do he only counted because the table told him too!!!!! 
are you stupid?
he looked at the ref because head butting is ILLEGAL

ortiz looked lost in there

floyd already had him timed, things were only going to get worse for him

and floyd already said he can have a rematch if he wants

ortiz sealed is own fate
so only keep your gaurd up until something that is illegal happens? sorry i misread the quote i guess
, it was clearly a miscommunication and shouldve never ended that way........

Originally Posted by bleach

i just rewatched it

mayweather and cortez are not to blame

after deducting the point, both fighters walked out of the neutral corner and cortez said "let's go"

ortiz came out trying to apologize for the 100th time

his fault
Originally Posted by SneakerSoldier

protect yourself at all times? when floyd got head butted he put his hands up and looked at the ref 
indifferent.gif
 i guess that only applies to the other person!!!!!!!! floyd has ruined boxing he knew ortiz had a chance and he got out the only way he could. the ref did a horrible job, he didnt know what to do he only counted because the table told him too!!!!! 
are you stupid?
he looked at the ref because head butting is ILLEGAL

ortiz looked lost in there

floyd already had him timed, things were only going to get worse for him

and floyd already said he can have a rematch if he wants

ortiz sealed is own fate
so only keep your gaurd up until something that is illegal happens? sorry i misread the quote i guess
, it was clearly a miscommunication and shouldve never ended that way........

Your account has been suspended 2 weeks for attempting to use our forums to request an illegal PPV stream.  

peppered all over the thread.
roll.gif
roll.gif
that's what y'all get for being foolish...

Your account has been suspended 2 weeks for attempting to use our forums to request an illegal PPV stream.  

peppered all over the thread.
roll.gif
roll.gif
that's what y'all get for being foolish...

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

in a fight/confrontation in real life your pretty much supposed to "protect yourself at all times" ...not let your guard down..but if you went in for a handshake/hug to squash it and dude faked going in and cold cocked ya i have a hard time believing any of you would find that acceptable and not cowardly. I was a mayweather fan up until an hour ago. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt, even was entertained by his childish cocky attitude .not anymore.  and his post fight rant was pathetic. dude seriously looked like he was going to cry. like a kid at toys r us who cant get his way. dudes 34 and needs to act like it. 34 year olds don't throw tantrums. why get so defensive if you don't think you did something wrong? 

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but as posted in this thread, Mayweather has done this before, and would do it again, he uses several tactics do gain an advantage over his opponents, and while they don't break the rules, they certainly bend them. I am a Mayweather fan because he is one of the most talented fighters I have seen in my lifetime, and what is everyone talking about? The post game interview...Mayweather makes MORE money in his next fight. 

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

in a fight/confrontation in real life your pretty much supposed to "protect yourself at all times" ...not let your guard down..but if you went in for a handshake/hug to squash it and dude faked going in and cold cocked ya i have a hard time believing any of you would find that acceptable and not cowardly. I was a mayweather fan up until an hour ago. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt, even was entertained by his childish cocky attitude .not anymore.  and his post fight rant was pathetic. dude seriously looked like he was going to cry. like a kid at toys r us who cant get his way. dudes 34 and needs to act like it. 34 year olds don't throw tantrums. why get so defensive if you don't think you did something wrong? 

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but as posted in this thread, Mayweather has done this before, and would do it again, he uses several tactics do gain an advantage over his opponents, and while they don't break the rules, they certainly bend them. I am a Mayweather fan because he is one of the most talented fighters I have seen in my lifetime, and what is everyone talking about? The post game interview...Mayweather makes MORE money in his next fight. 

It took me hours to get home and check this out, but the comments are what I expected.

Didn't want Floyd to go that route, but he clearly operated within the rules.

Ortiz exhibited the dumbest 30 seconds in boxing I've ever seen. First the Chuck Cecil impersonation and then the 9 million apologies leaving himself wide open for the 2 piece with a biscuit. I could tell homie wasn't ready for the big stage. But I think he comes back a better man.

This fight ain't really helped boxing's already tarnished rep.

PBF vs. Manny needs to happen.

It took me hours to get home and check this out, but the comments are what I expected.

Didn't want Floyd to go that route, but he clearly operated within the rules.

Ortiz exhibited the dumbest 30 seconds in boxing I've ever seen. First the Chuck Cecil impersonation and then the 9 million apologies leaving himself wide open for the 2 piece with a biscuit. I could tell homie wasn't ready for the big stage. But I think he comes back a better man.

This fight ain't really helped boxing's already tarnished rep.

PBF vs. Manny needs to happen.

Economically, Floyd and Manny could buy a small island with the money they could make off of it.

I think they duke it out by march.
Meth going ham 
eek.gif

Economically, Floyd and Manny could buy a small island with the money they could make off of it.

I think they duke it out by march.
Meth going ham 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

I told you fools about asking for streams.
30t6p3b.gif
Still getting sniped.

Sniped? Meth came in here with multiple 20-round drum mags loaded into a Saiga shotgun pumping holes the size of watermelons into people at point blank range.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

I told you fools about asking for streams.
30t6p3b.gif
Still getting sniped.

Sniped? Meth came in here with multiple 20-round drum mags loaded into a Saiga shotgun pumping holes the size of watermelons into people at point blank range.

this whole discussion has nothing to do with the written rules of the game but rather sportsmanship. Mayweather is an amazing fighter but a crappy person. He is a terrible rolemodel and if it wasnt for his amazing skills, he would probabaly be a broke loser.

this whole discussion has nothing to do with the written rules of the game but rather sportsmanship. Mayweather is an amazing fighter but a crappy person. He is a terrible rolemodel and if it wasnt for his amazing skills, he would probabaly be a broke loser.

Originally Posted by Essential1

The funny part is people saying you would cry foul if it happened to Mayweather... BUT IT WOULDN'T BECAUSE HE'S NOT AN IDIOT...

I would be happy if I dropped $60 on this... Was worth the laughs...
QFT....how many times does Ortiz try to apologize after the headbutt AND hitting PBF after the ref. tries to break it up......PBF nods to Ortiz and as he goes to touch gloves/square up, Ortiz goes in for a hug???....Call it a cheap shot or what you will, but the clock was started/gloves were touched....PBF capitalized 

Originally Posted by Essential1

The funny part is people saying you would cry foul if it happened to Mayweather... BUT IT WOULDN'T BECAUSE HE'S NOT AN IDIOT...

I would be happy if I dropped $60 on this... Was worth the laughs...
QFT....how many times does Ortiz try to apologize after the headbutt AND hitting PBF after the ref. tries to break it up......PBF nods to Ortiz and as he goes to touch gloves/square up, Ortiz goes in for a hug???....Call it a cheap shot or what you will, but the clock was started/gloves were touched....PBF capitalized 

Back
Top Bottom