Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Other way around. Victor Ortiz is the fighter, Mayweather is the boxer. Mayweather should handle Ortiz. He's too wild and sloppy while Mayweather is a tactician.

What I meant is that Floyd is a natural. I know that he is the more skilled technician. That's actually exactly what I meant
laugh.gif

Watching Ortiz hit the heavy bag is like watching an angry teenager.

What I meant is that Floyd is a natural. I know that he is the more skilled technician. That's actually exactly what I meant
laugh.gif

Watching Ortiz hit the heavy bag is like watching an angry teenager.

When the Common be intro came on in this last 24/7, Mayweather for the first time sounded grounded. He still gon mop the floor with Ortiz doe

When the Common be intro came on in this last 24/7, Mayweather for the first time sounded grounded. He still gon mop the floor with Ortiz doe

I can tell it will be a good fight. ortiz is what my trainer calls "the bulldog" very aggressive, comes out throwing punches etc. mayweather is like others have stated a defensive fighter. he has imo mastered the art of boxing defense with the shoulder roll. this is his greatest asset. i think that with aggressive fighters such as ortiz they get tired and frustrated when they are unable to penetrate that defense. which is when floyd takes over. look how boring initially the mayweather shane fight was...no one wanted to be the aggressor. if ortiz has the stamina to go the distance with floyd and locks in his defense, he will definitely give floyd a run for his money. ortiz punches way more harder than floyd.

but i still got floyd winning. i cant wait for next week.

I can tell it will be a good fight. ortiz is what my trainer calls "the bulldog" very aggressive, comes out throwing punches etc. mayweather is like others have stated a defensive fighter. he has imo mastered the art of boxing defense with the shoulder roll. this is his greatest asset. i think that with aggressive fighters such as ortiz they get tired and frustrated when they are unable to penetrate that defense. which is when floyd takes over. look how boring initially the mayweather shane fight was...no one wanted to be the aggressor. if ortiz has the stamina to go the distance with floyd and locks in his defense, he will definitely give floyd a run for his money. ortiz punches way more harder than floyd.

but i still got floyd winning. i cant wait for next week.

Just got done watching the 3rd episode of 24/7 Mayweather/Oritz. Yo, why is Ortiz taking a day off? He can take a day off after this fight. See, this is what I mean. He gave up like a chump in that fight against Maidana. You got the biggest fight in your life coming up & you wanna take a day off to go fishing with your boys? What the heck? See, this is what's wrong with the younger generation of atheletes, they have talent but don't have heart, skill, & drive. I waned someone to knock out Floyd so bad, but I'm not sure Oritiz is the man to do it, you just can't take any short cuts especially in the fight game... You young cats have no work ethic...

Just got done watching the 3rd episode of 24/7 Mayweather/Oritz. Yo, why is Ortiz taking a day off? He can take a day off after this fight. See, this is what I mean. He gave up like a chump in that fight against Maidana. You got the biggest fight in your life coming up & you wanna take a day off to go fishing with your boys? What the heck? See, this is what's wrong with the younger generation of atheletes, they have talent but don't have heart, skill, & drive. I waned someone to knock out Floyd so bad, but I'm not sure Oritiz is the man to do it, you just can't take any short cuts especially in the fight game... You young cats have no work ethic...

Originally Posted by psk2310

But what if he does knock Floyd out?  Then who cares if he took a day off.

Ortiz's camp know what kind of man he is.  They know if he gets too much boxing he will be emotionally and mentally drained come fight night.  If you couldn't tell by watching all of the pre-fight stuff he doesn't seem like a super intellectual.  He probably does NEED a day off so they don't ruin his attention toward this fight.

Different strokes man.

Floyd still gonna win in 12.....but god i hope he hits the canvas at least once.  Victor can punch lets just hope he can land at least one of those shots he hit Berto with

Originally Posted by psk2310

But what if he does knock Floyd out?  Then who cares if he took a day off.

Ortiz's camp know what kind of man he is.  They know if he gets too much boxing he will be emotionally and mentally drained come fight night.  If you couldn't tell by watching all of the pre-fight stuff he doesn't seem like a super intellectual.  He probably does NEED a day off so they don't ruin his attention toward this fight.

Different strokes man.

Floyd still gonna win in 12.....but god i hope he hits the canvas at least once.  Victor can punch lets just hope he can land at least one of those shots he hit Berto with

^ We'll see Jking0821 it's just I've been watching fights dating back to before PPV. I remember going to the local areanas that were called civic centers back in the day & watching fights on closed circuit. You just don't days off during training. Days off can be taken after the fight win, lose, or draw...Like I said before young cats today have no work ethic. I think mayweather will "son" Ortiz...Hope I'm wrong though...

^ We'll see Jking0821 it's just I've been watching fights dating back to before PPV. I remember going to the local areanas that were called civic centers back in the day & watching fights on closed circuit. You just don't days off during training. Days off can be taken after the fight win, lose, or draw...Like I said before young cats today have no work ethic. I think mayweather will "son" Ortiz...Hope I'm wrong though...

Fighters actually need day offs to recover (which is what sundays are for, lol).   The thing that bothered me was the fighter (ortiz) asking for the day off.  A-level fighters like Floyd, Pac, etc don't normally ask for day offs.  As we seen in this 24/7, Floyd has 3 workouts per day.  Roach in the past has forced Pac to take a day off because he thinks he works too hard.  Yes, you have to rest.  But what got me concerned for the Ortiz camp was just his mentality of wanting that day off.  
Anyway, hope that won't make a difference on fight night.  

Fighters actually need day offs to recover (which is what sundays are for, lol).   The thing that bothered me was the fighter (ortiz) asking for the day off.  A-level fighters like Floyd, Pac, etc don't normally ask for day offs.  As we seen in this 24/7, Floyd has 3 workouts per day.  Roach in the past has forced Pac to take a day off because he thinks he works too hard.  Yes, you have to rest.  But what got me concerned for the Ortiz camp was just his mentality of wanting that day off.  

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

I agree with this.  Rest is necessary

and i hear you psk2310 i understand what your saying.  And that is why Mayweather is great.  "Hard Work...Dedication" lol.  But i think its a little unfair to say Ortiz has a bad work ethic just because he wants one day off. 

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

I agree with this.  Rest is necessary

and i hear you psk2310 i understand what your saying.  And that is why Mayweather is great.  "Hard Work...Dedication" lol.  But i think its a little unfair to say Ortiz has a bad work ethic just because he wants one day off. 

Hello Everyone! I'm a huge boxing/Mayweather fan. Been watching this guy for years now. Since the good old Pretty Boy Floyd days.

PSK speaks truth. Even Ortiz's trainer didn't want him to take a day off. Already breaking rule #1... Listen to your trainer.

Jking you might be right tho.

mycold and yougoboy - I was watching that vid and I noticed that Ali did that head pull and always hated Ali for that move in a way. The heaviest part of your body is your head and if you tire the neck you tire the head and body. That move angers me a bit but hey what can you do.

I best 3 things May has are:
1: Speed
2: Defense
3: One hell of a counter punch

Hello Everyone! I'm a huge boxing/Mayweather fan. Been watching this guy for years now. Since the good old Pretty Boy Floyd days.

PSK speaks truth. Even Ortiz's trainer didn't want him to take a day off. Already breaking rule #1... Listen to your trainer.

Jking you might be right tho.

mycold and yougoboy - I was watching that vid and I noticed that Ali did that head pull and always hated Ali for that move in a way. The heaviest part of your body is your head and if you tire the neck you tire the head and body. That move angers me a bit but hey what can you do.

I best 3 things May has are:
1: Speed
2: Defense
3: One hell of a counter punch

Acutally Jking0821, you're right. Fighters do need rest but I guess having watched Ortiz give up like a punk against Maidana, he's gotta win this fight to convince me & other boxing fans that he's for real. Seeing him talk the talk & then ask for a day off rubs me the wrong way. I'm not sure how much of it's for TV, but when you see Mayweather go in at 1AM to get some training done speaks volumes & I hate Mayweather...I was hoping since Ortiz is a hard hitter that he'd knock Floyd to the ground but I can't see it happening...

Acutally Jking0821, you're right. Fighters do need rest but I guess having watched Ortiz give up like a punk against Maidana, he's gotta win this fight to convince me & other boxing fans that he's for real. Seeing him talk the talk & then ask for a day off rubs me the wrong way. I'm not sure how much of it's for TV, but when you see Mayweather go in at 1AM to get some training done speaks volumes & I hate Mayweather...I was hoping since Ortiz is a hard hitter that he'd knock Floyd to the ground but I can't see it happening...

Back
Top Bottom