Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Originally Posted by LARidah23

Originally Posted by jae oh en

so after catching a balrog headbutt; how many hugs, daps, and kisses is floyd supposed to wait around for before he's allowed to throw a punch?

ortiz should've had his guard up - the first couple hugs and apologies were enough. son didn't even protest the outcome, he knows he goofed. live and learn.

42-0.

Exactly..That's all that really needs to be said.....

The only "punk" or "classless" move in the fight was Ortiz's headbutt.
THIS. Quoted for emphasis.

so after catching a balrog headbutt; how many hugs, daps, and kisses is floyd supposed to wait around for before he's allowed to throw a punch?

ortiz should've had his guard up - the first couple hugs and apologies were enough. son didn't even protest the outcome, he knows he goofed. live and learn.

42-0.

thats why i dont look at boxing! Its a joke! bad reffin and all hype so we can pay for paperview to see a bum get beat! I already knew this was gonna be the outcome of the fight!

thats why i dont look at boxing! Its a joke! bad reffin and all hype so we can pay for paperview to see a bum get beat! I already knew this was gonna be the outcome of the fight!

Originally Posted by Fade On You

42-0.

Quoted for double emphasis.  Ortiz brought it all onto himself.  People are just so biased and believe in all of Floyd's heel act.  I'm thinking if a more well-liked fighter did it, there wouldn't be half as much hate.  The ref and all the commentators agreed that he did nothing wrong.

42-0.

Quoted for double emphasis.  Ortiz brought it all onto himself.  People are just so biased and believe in all of Floyd's heel act.  I'm thinking if a more well-liked fighter did it, there wouldn't be half as much hate.  The ref and all the commentators agreed that he did nothing wrong.

42-0.

No both was classless and punks....what Ortiz did was illegal....Mayweather was legal in what he did.....

Meth just dropped a bomb on this thread.  I have never seen so many suspensions and bans in my 7 years on NT.  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Mayweather got rocked by that headbutt and was lowkey dazed. It would've affected him throughout the fight and ortiz would've had the upperhand, if it went on. An opportunity presented itself and mayweather took full advantage of the situation, as he should. Mayweather knew the W was in jeopardy after being rocked by that vicious headbutt so he did whatever it took to secure the victory. Props to PBF
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Mayweather got rocked by that headbutt and was lowkey dazed. It would've affected him throughout the fight and ortiz would've had the upperhand, if it went on. An opportunity presented itself and mayweather took full advantage of the situation, as he should. Mayweather knew the W was in jeopardy after being rocked by that vicious headbutt so he did whatever it took to secure the victory. Props to PBF
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Meth just dropped a bomb on this thread.  I have never seen so many suspensions and bans in my 7 years on NT.  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Stats of the fight:

Mayweather 73-208 (35%)
Ortiz 26-148 (18%)

Jabs:
May 12-83 (14%)
Ortiz 0-31

Power Punches
May 61-125 (49%)
Ortiz 26-117 (22%)

And many cards had Mayweather winning the 4th 10-8 had the round went the distance and Ortiz didn't start to make effective use of his openings.

As for the fight I saw 39-36 and even 40-36 Mayweather.. And the tone of the fight was solely in Mayweather's control.

Stats of the fight:

Mayweather 73-208 (35%)
Ortiz 26-148 (18%)

Jabs:
May 12-83 (14%)
Ortiz 0-31

Power Punches
May 61-125 (49%)
Ortiz 26-117 (22%)

And many cards had Mayweather winning the 4th 10-8 had the round went the distance and Ortiz didn't start to make effective use of his openings.

As for the fight I saw 39-36 and even 40-36 Mayweather.. And the tone of the fight was solely in Mayweather's control.

Originally Posted by shogun

jae oh en wrote:

42-0.

Triple that.

You don't get a pause to apologize after you take the fight to the streets with a flying headbutt. I wasn't even a PBF fan, but he won me over last night when he showed that chump what time it was. Ortiz is a low grade sucker for trying to headbutt the man and then kiss him like %#*@ is sweet. And on top of all of that, Cortez (the ref) acknowledged that he called time in.

Originally Posted by shogun

jae oh en wrote:

42-0.

Triple that.

You don't get a pause to apologize after you take the fight to the streets with a flying headbutt. I wasn't even a PBF fan, but he won me over last night when he showed that chump what time it was. Ortiz is a low grade sucker for trying to headbutt the man and then kiss him like %#*@ is sweet. And on top of all of that, Cortez (the ref) acknowledged that he called time in.

I don't follow boxing too closely, but to me, it looked like Ortiz didn't want to fight anymore after getting dropped. I think he could have gone on, but had enough. In watching watching some of the interviews (seeing the actual fight) and reading the explanations from the ref, what exactly did Mayweather do wrong? Seems like he was WELL within the rules to drop Ortiz in the fashion that he did. Honestly, as polarizing as Mayweather is, folks are letting their negative viewpoint of him cloud their judgment on what actually went down in the fight yesterday.

I don't follow boxing too closely, but to me, it looked like Ortiz didn't want to fight anymore after getting dropped. I think he could have gone on, but had enough. In watching watching some of the interviews (seeing the actual fight) and reading the explanations from the ref, what exactly did Mayweather do wrong? Seems like he was WELL within the rules to drop Ortiz in the fashion that he did. Honestly, as polarizing as Mayweather is, folks are letting their negative viewpoint of him cloud their judgment on what actually went down in the fight yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom