Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Once again...you sound stupid.

That was a FIGHT. A BOXING MATCH.

Dudes have been training for 3 months to destroy each other. 

In the heat of the battle....you gonna headbutt me and then expect me to wait to get at you?

Nah....Hold that. If you're strong enough you'll get up.

Ortiz quit. He couldve gotten up but looked at Floyd and started rolling on the floor. He was totally outclassed and mentally intimidated.

Once again...you sound stupid.

That was a FIGHT. A BOXING MATCH.

Dudes have been training for 3 months to destroy each other. 

In the heat of the battle....you gonna headbutt me and then expect me to wait to get at you?

Nah....Hold that. If you're strong enough you'll get up.

Ortiz quit. He couldve gotten up but looked at Floyd and started rolling on the floor. He was totally outclassed and mentally intimidated.

Eh. Whatever.

Head butts and hitting below the belt happens all the time in boxing matches. You get points deducted. The "rebuttal" was a legal punk move...especially for a high profile fight.

PBF was already winning the fight and hit the easy button during a moment of confusion and vulnerability. Classy.
laugh.gif

And no...I'm not justifying Ortiz for his clown activity.

Eh. Whatever.

Head butts and hitting below the belt happens all the time in boxing matches. You get points deducted. The "rebuttal" was a legal punk move...especially for a high profile fight.

PBF was already winning the fight and hit the easy button during a moment of confusion and vulnerability. Classy.
laugh.gif

And no...I'm not justifying Ortiz for his clown activity.

Sad day for the boxing world. But hey, at least Mayweather is "satisfied with himself." This is the man who is "at or close to the best in the boxing industry." This is a man amateur boxers look up to. 
tired.gif

Sad day for the boxing world. But hey, at least Mayweather is "satisfied with himself." This is the man who is "at or close to the best in the boxing industry." This is a man amateur boxers look up to. 
tired.gif

Ortiz let his emotions get the best of him and that's why he headbutted Floyd in the corner. He was getting tagged for four rounds and he got frustrated.
Before the fight the last thing they hear is keep it clean and protect yourself at all times. Ortiz failed to do both and paid for it. I'm not a mayweather fan but he was beating his #+! anyway.

Ortiz let his emotions get the best of him and that's why he headbutted Floyd in the corner. He was getting tagged for four rounds and he got frustrated.
Before the fight the last thing they hear is keep it clean and protect yourself at all times. Ortiz failed to do both and paid for it. I'm not a mayweather fan but he was beating his #+! anyway.

Originally Posted by Iamchris

Before the fight the last thing they hear is keep it clean and protect yourself at all times. Ortiz failed to do both and paid for it. I'm not a mayweather fan but he was beating his #@@ anyway.

What about..."Obey my commands at all times." ?

The ref wasn't even paying attention and too busy talking to the boxing commission after a vague command to continue fighting.
laugh.gif

Why do you think Ortiz looked at the ref like...?...after the first shot?

Before the fight the last thing they hear is keep it clean and protect yourself at all times. Ortiz failed to do both and paid for it. I'm not a mayweather fan but he was beating his #@@ anyway.

The ref wasn't even paying attention and too busy talking to the boxing commission after a vague command to continue fighting.
laugh.gif

Why do you think Ortiz looked at the ref like...?...after the first shot?

The ref f'd up too. He shoulda sent both fighters to their neutral corners as soon as it happened and then talk to ring side. They should of had Skip Bayless reffin the fight, he be on top of thangs.

The ref f'd up too. He shoulda sent both fighters to their neutral corners as soon as it happened and then talk to ring side. They should of had Skip Bayless reffin the fight, he be on top of thangs.

While we can debate whether May should have waited another couple of seconds, or what the hell the ref was doing, the fact remains that if Ortiz didn't intentionally headbut Money then that whole ridiculous scene wouldn't have happened. And how many times did he need to apologize? Seriously. He hugs him, then kisses him, then touches gloves and tries to hug him again. It's a boxing match. Why would May give him the benefit of the doubt after taking a intentional, lunging headbut? He was rightfully pissed, didn't want to shake hands and hug it out, he wanted to finish him.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

laugh.gif

Yea something like that is expected out of Floyd tho. He did the same thing to Mosley when they had a break but at least mosely was still there. But anyways that was crazy to watch. I think Ortiz lost alot more than mayweather. He lost his title and his rep for being a clean fighter. Everyone thought Floyd was dirty anyways. But if he had never headbutted him none of that would have happened.Why do you think Ortiz looked at the ref like...?...after the first shot?

While we can debate whether May should have waited another couple of seconds, or what the hell the ref was doing, the fact remains that if Ortiz didn't intentionally headbut Money then that whole ridiculous scene wouldn't have happened. And how many times did he need to apologize? Seriously. He hugs him, then kisses him, then touches gloves and tries to hug him again. It's a boxing match. Why would May give him the benefit of the doubt after taking a intentional, lunging headbut? He was rightfully pissed, didn't want to shake hands and hug it out, he wanted to finish him.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

laugh.gif

Yea something like that is expected out of Floyd tho. He did the same thing to Mosley when they had a break but at least mosely was still there. But anyways that was crazy to watch. I think Ortiz lost alot more than mayweather. He lost his title and his rep for being a clean fighter. Everyone thought Floyd was dirty anyways. But if he had never headbutted him none of that would have happened.Why do you think Ortiz looked at the ref like...?...after the first shot?

^^^ my bad bro..got our quotes mixed up. Don't headbutt me
laugh.gif
jk

But for the rounds that they did have before the bull, mayweather was
dominating. I don't like Mayweather as a person but his boxing is top notch..now Manny can give him his first L.

^^^ my bad bro..got our quotes mixed up. Don't headbutt me
laugh.gif
jk

But for the rounds that they did have before the bull, mayweather was
dominating. I don't like Mayweather as a person but his boxing is top notch..now Manny can give him his first L.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Money May has some of the WORST fans ever in the world.
This. All through the thread slobbin that man down like he pays tuition for yall. Shameful. 
tired.gif

Anyways, the KO was legal, but unsportsmanlike. Another W in the books. The end justifies the means for Floyd. For 40 million?

129774868331120.jpeg

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Money May has some of the WORST fans ever in the world.
This. All through the thread slobbin that man down like he pays tuition for yall. Shameful. 
tired.gif

Anyways, the KO was legal, but unsportsmanlike. Another W in the books. The end justifies the means for Floyd. For 40 million?

129774868331120.jpeg

Anyone who seriously believes Ortiz was shorted in anyway is delusional. He headbutted a man out of frustration, then had the audacity to immediately try to kiss this man and hug him thrice? I wonder what the conversation would be if Ortiz connected after that cheap shot hook after his headbutt?

Any grown %!! man throwing a skull bash around like a pokemon deserves to get his %!! slept, mid hug or not.

Anyone who seriously believes Ortiz was shorted in anyway is delusional. He headbutted a man out of frustration, then had the audacity to immediately try to kiss this man and hug him thrice? I wonder what the conversation would be if Ortiz connected after that cheap shot hook after his headbutt?

Any grown %!! man throwing a skull bash around like a pokemon deserves to get his %!! slept, mid hug or not.

Back
Top Bottom