Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

339rnl0.jpg

That whole ending looked real suspect. The ref lookin like a joke, Ortiz completely putting his guard down. Hate to think it was fixed but I'm not sayin I'm just sayin.....

That whole ending looked real suspect. The ref lookin like a joke, Ortiz completely putting his guard down. Hate to think it was fixed but I'm not sayin I'm just sayin.....

I think 3 of the fights was fixed, somehow someway, To  where the person who looked better as champ won. Rigged by the WBC.

Morales vs Cano- Morales won cause Matthysse got replaced with Cano
Alvarez  vs Gomez- The ref stop the fight to early.
Mayweather vs Ortiz- All type of foulness.

I think 3 of the fights was fixed, somehow someway, To  where the person who looked better as champ won. Rigged by the WBC.

Morales vs Cano- Morales won cause Matthysse got replaced with Cano
Alvarez  vs Gomez- The ref stop the fight to early.
Mayweather vs Ortiz- All type of foulness.

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

He wasn't mad because he had just LAUNCHED HIMSELF INTO FLOYD'S HEAD AND THEN LANDED TWO PUNCHES AFTER THAT!
You do realize headbutting is illegal. As a matter of fact launching yourself is illegal in the NFL. Players get fined every week for launching themselves at their opponents.

All the talk on this board about Karma, but for some reason it doesn't apply to this fight?????

Whats your point? In boxing, when there is a head butt a point gets deducted and that did take place. Time was never called in by the ref but #%#$ it... at the end of the day Ortiz lacks heart. either that or it was fixed like a lot of matches in the past

Seconds later they were in the center of the ring ready to resume action when two punches ended it quickly.

"I took the break by the referee and I obeyed exactly as I was told," Ortiz said. "And then, boom, he blindsided me."

Mayweather was winning the fight through three rounds, dominating with speed and landing good right hands to the head of Ortiz. He won all three rounds on two ringside scorecards, and two of three on the third.

Ortiz picked up the pace in the fourth round, trying desperately to get inside Mayweather's vaunted defense. He did on occasion and was having a better round when, late in the round, he appeared to intentionally head butt Mayweather in frustration as the two fought in Mayweather's corner.

"He did something dirty when it was his corner who said I was dirty," Mayweather said. "But I won the fight."

Mayweather later engaged in a verbal confrontation with HBO announcer Larry Merchant, calling him a name at one point and drawing a pointed response from the 80-year-old broadcaster, who said he would thrash the boxer if he "was 50 years younger."

While Ortiz claimed he was caught by a punch that came before Cortez ruled the fighters to continue, the referee said Mayweather did nothing wrong.

"Time was in, the fighter needed to keep his guard up. Mayweather did nothing illegal," Cortez said.

CNNSI.com

Originally Posted by Mr S J King

He wasn't mad because he had just LAUNCHED HIMSELF INTO FLOYD'S HEAD AND THEN LANDED TWO PUNCHES AFTER THAT!
You do realize headbutting is illegal. As a matter of fact launching yourself is illegal in the NFL. Players get fined every week for launching themselves at their opponents.

All the talk on this board about Karma, but for some reason it doesn't apply to this fight?????

Whats your point? In boxing, when there is a head butt a point gets deducted and that did take place. Time was never called in by the ref but #%#$ it... at the end of the day Ortiz lacks heart. either that or it was fixed like a lot of matches in the past

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

or it was fixed.  the "acting" happening everywhere seemed unusual to me.  they should have been angrier than they were.  
We were all saying that maybe son was just happy to be going home a multi millionaire based off off this one short fight?
maybe if he didnt have a chance...or just had money in mind.  i dont know if it was just me, but ortiz was scraping floyd well a couple time he got him near the ropes.  floyd, for atleast those times looked uncomfortable.  you dont see that that much.  and each of those ortiz flurries were getting better and better as the fight progressed.  even if floyd was winning, it wouldve made me more hungrier just to prove i could hurt this guy.  why be all happy and smile and accept the fight just cause youve never seen 2.5 million before.
ortiz: not sure if in on fix or just dumb.  he didnt need that headbutt cause he was in control at that moment.  kissing topped it off.  
ortiz wasn't doing a thing throughout the fight
most of those shots against the ropes were missing

if floyd is hitting him with straight right hands from the first round, he was going to get knocked out anyway

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

or it was fixed.  the "acting" happening everywhere seemed unusual to me.  they should have been angrier than they were.  
We were all saying that maybe son was just happy to be going home a multi millionaire based off off this one short fight?
maybe if he didnt have a chance...or just had money in mind.  i dont know if it was just me, but ortiz was scraping floyd well a couple time he got him near the ropes.  floyd, for atleast those times looked uncomfortable.  you dont see that that much.  and each of those ortiz flurries were getting better and better as the fight progressed.  even if floyd was winning, it wouldve made me more hungrier just to prove i could hurt this guy.  why be all happy and smile and accept the fight just cause youve never seen 2.5 million before.
ortiz: not sure if in on fix or just dumb.  he didnt need that headbutt cause he was in control at that moment.  kissing topped it off.  
ortiz wasn't doing a thing throughout the fight
most of those shots against the ropes were missing

if floyd is hitting him with straight right hands from the first round, he was going to get knocked out anyway

Seconds later they were in the center of the ring ready to resume action when two punches ended it quickly.

"I took the break by the referee and I obeyed exactly as I was told," Ortiz said. "And then, boom, he blindsided me."

Mayweather was winning the fight through three rounds, dominating with speed and landing good right hands to the head of Ortiz. He won all three rounds on two ringside scorecards, and two of three on the third.

Ortiz picked up the pace in the fourth round, trying desperately to get inside Mayweather's vaunted defense. He did on occasion and was having a better round when, late in the round, he appeared to intentionally head butt Mayweather in frustration as the two fought in Mayweather's corner.

"He did something dirty when it was his corner who said I was dirty," Mayweather said. "But I won the fight."

Mayweather later engaged in a verbal confrontation with HBO announcer Larry Merchant, calling him a name at one point and drawing a pointed response from the 80-year-old broadcaster, who said he would thrash the boxer if he "was 50 years younger."

While Ortiz claimed he was caught by a punch that came before Cortez ruled the fighters to continue, the referee said Mayweather did nothing wrong.

"Time was in, the fighter needed to keep his guard up. Mayweather did nothing illegal," Cortez said.

CNNSI.com

Back
Top Bottom