Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Arbas wrote:
Originally Posted by RKO2004

Money May has some of the WORST fans ever in the world.

2m5xtet.jpg

mayweather_hemad.gif

I don't know much about boxing...but I see both arguments. What the Mayweather fan boys need to realize is that in such an anticipated fight with such great fighters, these rules and expectations of sportsmanship exist because it makes for a better fight and a better show. You don't retaliate with a sucker punch; that's what the point system is for.

Ortiz goes down from a punch when his hands are down? Who cares. It doesn't say nearly as much had Mayweather beaten him without any controversy.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Arbas wrote:
Originally Posted by RKO2004

Money May has some of the WORST fans ever in the world.

2m5xtet.jpg

mayweather_hemad.gif

I don't know much about boxing...but I see both arguments. What the Mayweather fan boys need to realize is that in such an anticipated fight with such great fighters, these rules and expectations of sportsmanship exist because it makes for a better fight and a better show. You don't retaliate with a sucker punch; that's what the point system is for.

Ortiz goes down from a punch when his hands are down? Who cares. It doesn't say nearly as much had Mayweather beaten him without any controversy.

I'll preface by saying again that I'm not a mayweather fan but no one can beat him. He's faced everyone there is to fight & is still unbeaten. Oritz exemplifies the young atheletes I hate today. Has imense talent & ability but no work ethic, not smart, & never developes skills. Ortiz has consistently shown dating back to the maidana fight that he has no heart.

I hope pac man agrees to the testing mayweather wants instead of only agreeing to testing up to 2 weeks before the fight so we can see these guys fight. pac man is shady like the politician he is...

I'll preface by saying again that I'm not a mayweather fan but no one can beat him. He's faced everyone there is to fight & is still unbeaten. Oritz exemplifies the young atheletes I hate today. Has imense talent & ability but no work ethic, not smart, & never developes skills. Ortiz has consistently shown dating back to the maidana fight that he has no heart.

I hope pac man agrees to the testing mayweather wants instead of only agreeing to testing up to 2 weeks before the fight so we can see these guys fight. pac man is shady like the politician he is...

Merchant used to do those post fight interviews mad drunk. He seems to have sobered up. Been watching him since the 80's & never liked him. He had mayweather always go at it...I'm suprised more fighters haven't gotten into it with merchant...

Merchant used to do those post fight interviews mad drunk. He seems to have sobered up. Been watching him since the 80's & never liked him. He had mayweather always go at it...I'm suprised more fighters haven't gotten into it with merchant...

Originally Posted by Essential1

Stats of the fight:

Mayweather 73-208 (35%)
Ortiz 26-148 (18%)

Jabs:
May 12-83 (14%)
Ortiz 0-31

Power Punches
May 61-125 (49%)
Ortiz 26-117 (22%)

And many cards had Mayweather winning the 4th 10-8 had the round went the distance and Ortiz didn't start to make effective use of his openings.

As for the fight I saw 39-36 and even 40-36 Mayweather.. And the tone of the fight was solely in Mayweather's control.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Stats of the fight:

Mayweather 73-208 (35%)
Ortiz 26-148 (18%)

Jabs:
May 12-83 (14%)
Ortiz 0-31

Power Punches
May 61-125 (49%)
Ortiz 26-117 (22%)

And many cards had Mayweather winning the 4th 10-8 had the round went the distance and Ortiz didn't start to make effective use of his openings.

As for the fight I saw 39-36 and even 40-36 Mayweather.. And the tone of the fight was solely in Mayweather's control.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I don't follow boxing too closely, but to me, it looked like Ortiz didn't want to fight anymore after getting dropped. I think he could have gone on, but had enough. In watching watching some of the interviews (seeing the actual fight) and reading the explanations from the ref, what exactly did Mayweather do wrong? Seems like he was WELL within the rules to drop Ortiz in the fashion that he did. Honestly, as polarizing as Mayweather is, folks are letting their negative viewpoint of him cloud their judgment on what actually went down in the fight yesterday.

Exactly.  The more I've watched the replay the more I feel that Ortiz underestimated the gravity of the situation and Mayweather simply took advantage of a unique opportunity.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I don't follow boxing too closely, but to me, it looked like Ortiz didn't want to fight anymore after getting dropped. I think he could have gone on, but had enough. In watching watching some of the interviews (seeing the actual fight) and reading the explanations from the ref, what exactly did Mayweather do wrong? Seems like he was WELL within the rules to drop Ortiz in the fashion that he did. Honestly, as polarizing as Mayweather is, folks are letting their negative viewpoint of him cloud their judgment on what actually went down in the fight yesterday.

Exactly.  The more I've watched the replay the more I feel that Ortiz underestimated the gravity of the situation and Mayweather simply took advantage of a unique opportunity.

My favorite quote is "I obeyed the ref, I was listening" so how the !#!! did you not hear the ref say "tim-in, fight" He gave up, he didn't want to fight anymore. He was tired and frustrated. Looked ridiculous and Floyd blocked or ducked EVERYTHING. How is it a sucker punch when you touch gloves AND WHY WOULD YOU NOT PUT YOUR HANDS UP AFTER THE FIRST PUNCH??????

You have to HATE Mayweather to be on this sucker punch, he cheated or he's a coward BS

My favorite quote is "I obeyed the ref, I was listening" so how the !#!! did you not hear the ref say "tim-in, fight" He gave up, he didn't want to fight anymore. He was tired and frustrated. Looked ridiculous and Floyd blocked or ducked EVERYTHING. How is it a sucker punch when you touch gloves AND WHY WOULD YOU NOT PUT YOUR HANDS UP AFTER THE FIRST PUNCH??????

You have to HATE Mayweather to be on this sucker punch, he cheated or he's a coward BS

I'm more dissapointed that they didnt show Miss jackson aka floyd fiance all night, or maybe they didnt get a chance too cause the fight ended so early 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif

I'm more dissapointed that they didnt show Miss jackson aka floyd fiance all night, or maybe they didnt get a chance too cause the fight ended so early 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif

everyone that is saying Manny doesnt want to take any random drug test/blood test doesnt quite know what they are talking about, because Manny already said he would..with a 14 day cutoff before the fight......brush up on your facts before you try to sound like you know what you are talking about

Back
Top Bottom