***Official Wale Thread*** #MoreAboutNothing tape Drops Tomorrow

Originally Posted by aztek67890

Yes this album is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
just gave it a few spins.....amazing, not disappointed one bit, for those of you waiting till it drops, it's worth it

I wasn't really rocking with Wale's music at first but the album is pretty good overall. His non-rhyming style is different to say the least, but itworks for him. I wasn't feeling Let It Loose, Chillin, or Contemplate though. Beautiful Bliss is definitely the track that stood out to me because this ___J.Cole just went off. 90210, Diary and Shades were
pimp.gif
to me also. I'llgive it a few more spins to see if anything else stands out/disappoints.

J. Cole is the hi light of this album...
tired.gif

Feelin a little let down.. gotta give it a few more spins... but Fly Away should be on the album

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

J. Cole is the hi light of this album...
tired.gif

Feelin a little let down.. gotta give it a few more spins... but Fly Away should be on the album

not tying to hate

but does anyone else get turned off by Wale not rhyming when he raps

idk what it is but i just wish dude would rhyme

I listened to 2 songs (and thats all im gonna listen to until release day)

i listened to Beautiful Bliss and im not feelin it.

Please tell me the album doesn't have the same "feel" like that song.

I listened to Mirror and that track is
pimp.gif

im 50/50 on buying this now.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

I listened to 2 songs (and thats all im gonna listen to until release day)

i listened to Beautiful Bliss and im not feelin it.

Please tell me the album doesn't have the same "feel" like that song.

I listened to Mirror and that track is
pimp.gif

im 50/50 on buying this now.
Not really, but there's something for everyone on this album.

I wasn't sure if I was going to buy this either but after listening I'm buying it.

Good album; will definitely be buying. Honestly, I secretly thought this would be [sleeper] album of the year and that it is not, but that doesn't takeanything away from it at all. A couple of misses, but overall, it's good. It's good to see an artist like him coming out though ...

"90210" is one of my favorite songs on here. i love this joint.. anyway, this album seems to have had the opposite effect on me than the diehard walefans. i was always kind of impartial towards wale after "mixtape about nothing" but this joint is dope. it seems like he was really focused on makinga complete album like he's been saying, as opposed to just another best kept secret mixtape. perfect blend of go-go and hip-hop, too. good job, whale!

Sounds good to me. This is definitely a very solid debut album. Even the radio tracks are listenable.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

"90210" is one of my favorite songs on here. i love this joint.. anyway, this album seems to have had the opposite effect on me than the diehard wale fans. i was always kind of impartial towards wale after "mixtape about nothing" but this joint is dope. it seems like he was really focused on making a complete album like he's been saying, as opposed to just another best kept secret mixtape. perfect blend of go-go and hip-hop, too. good job, whale!

2j46otj.jpg

?

heard diary felt the same way as family affair not many times will ppl want to just listen & be like wow (poetry???) def cop

How could you not like Beautiful Bliss? Melanie Fiona killed the hook, J.Cole ravaged his verse and Wale did his thing. Best track on the album IMO.

Ehh...I said $*$* it and DL'ed...I'll still cop. Very nice album. I really really really $*$* with Inhibitions for some reason. Like...it's one ofthe few club records I can really mess with since Give It 2 Me.

Originally Posted by iHust1e

very disappointed......gucci saved this album from the recycling bin

My exact thought, WHALE is an idiot for not using Pretty Girls as a single

Originally Posted by EBAY 23

Originally Posted by iHust1e

very disappointed......gucci saved this album from the recycling bin

My exact thought, WHALE is an idiot for not using Pretty Girls as a single
laugh.gif
Like it was his choice; he has a record label. And theytried to push it because I heard it on the radio plenty of times for several weeks.

laugh.gif
at "gucci saved this album", I could understand (but notagree) if you put "J. Cole saved this album", but damn, Gucci?

I've determined I like this. A lot.

Now I have to go through and catch everything. On the first few listens, I missed some things.

Back
Top Bottom