***Official Wale Thread*** #MoreAboutNothing tape Drops Tomorrow

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Going to cop in the morning, pretty sure people are going to be checking for it in the DMV. Heard that alot of stores in the area are only getting a few copies in
tired.gif
Not the stores fault. The label didn't ship a lot.

this dude numbers gone be terrible... interscope dont even have no faith in his sales... how a best buy get 3 copies? 3?!

Hence him saying buy it on iTunes. Interscope shouldn't have dropped it if they didn't have any faith in it.

It's happened a few times, recently with Raekwon. Labels don't expect high numbers so they don't stock up units at retailers, if the Label makesthe wrong prediction and there's a demand well what happens is what your seeing today.

edit: Lets see if these spots get restocks within the next 24 hrs, even then most people who went out of their way today may not want to go back.

He's number three on the top albums list for iTunes, though.
pimp.gif
Only below 50 Cent and Carrie Underwood.

I feel bad for the lil homie... I might just copp, hadn't even planned on listening to it honestly. But them doing him wrong just doesn't sit well withme.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

this is crazy... id be *$!+$@ heated if they undershipped my album... i mean they aint just undership... they BARELY shipped... sounds like its about 20k hard copies of the ++!+ in the whole country WORLD...

ohwell.gif
fixed.

Originally Posted by Xplicit213

Dude bout to sell worst than Triple C's
laugh.gif
... But who diddn't see this coming...
That's what happens when your label had no confidence in you from the beginning. These tours that he's been on have been by his own doingnot Iovine's. Interscope is a graveyard for rappers if you aren't Em, 50 or Soulja Boy (hell him too, the last album bricked).

Maybe Interscope was banking on iTunes and other digital download sites.

It costs a lot less than it does to ship hard copies.

Only trouble is that there aren't any really "radio-ready" songs on the album--that is, there's nothing generic on it. Could be good for TVshow backgrounds or movie previews, though.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Only trouble is that there aren't any really "radio-ready" songs on the album--that is, there's nothing generic on it. Could be good for TV show backgrounds or movie previews, though.
Let it Loose is EASILY a radio-ready song.

There are only 9 copies available at Best Buy in the western Michigan/ northern Indiana district.
indifferent.gif

It was 5 ppl at a Local BestBuy they only had 2 Copies..I got one but thats not a goodlook..Still a Soild Album..

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Only trouble is that there aren't any really "radio-ready" songs on the album--that is, there's nothing generic on it. Could be good for TV show backgrounds or movie previews, though.
Let it Loose is EASILY a radio-ready song.

Don't forget pretty girls

Copped at FYE at beltway plaza for those in the PG area...sounding real nice so far...My man Wale, representing
pimp.gif

Perhaps the radio stations in your cities are more tolerable. Here, it's mostly obnoxious Texas music (Houston and Dallas) and a couple Jay-Z songs thrownin. Hence why Wale got no radio love in Houston, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom