Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

I wouldn't mind Udrih...Watching him play out here in Sacramento impressed me he could be a servicable PG who can score and distribute.

Yeah, I know Beno's good. I don't know how much of a distributor he is but he can run an offense... plus I know he's a shooter... way betterthan Baron that's for sure
laugh.gif

Yeah...If Baron does go to the Clippers. Expect me to boo him. I never boo any player, but what he did by waiting last minute to send in his papers...What ajerk.

Random question: Who here has an 11.5 DS pair of Purple 'Pigeon' SBs? Haha.

[h2]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?blogid=39&entry_id=27736[/h2]
[h2]The Baron Davis, Gilbert Arenas Switch-a-roo?[/h2]
From Janny Hu.

Well, now that free agency has kicked off and the rumor mill is guaranteed to go into overdrive, we might as well get started here.

First, the hard news: Baron Davis has opted out of his contract ($17.8 million!), stunning everyone I talked to around the league tonight. So did Elton Brand and Corey Maggette. All joining Gilbert Arenas as players exercising their ETOs this summer.

So here's where it gets interesting.

A few sources are expecting Davis to end up in LA -- under the assumption that the Clippers renounce their rights to Maggette and offer Baron a five-year deal worth around $60 million. Some, in fact, believe there's already an under-the-table agreement, though that was flat-out rejected by one Clippers' source, and contradicts the whereabouts of coach Mike Dunleavy, whom the LA Times is reporting met with free agent guard Beno Udrih in New York on Monday night.

Even more interesting? One league source insists that the Warriors turned around and let Gilbert Arenas know that they would be making a BIG play for him. As in possibly MAX big. This isn't confirmed, though the Washington Post is indicating the same thing.

Is Gilbert's camp just blowing smoke? I think Golden State can actually get pretty close to offering a max deal if they renounce their rights to Davis, Matt Barnes, Mickael Pietrus and Patrick O'Bryant, but they'd be losing a lot of trade chips, and would have a ton of roster spots to fill with very little room left under the luxury tax (assuming Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins are re-signed).

And there's this: All indications are still that Arenas will remain in Washington, which offered him a six-year max deal (one year more than any other team could). Of course, all indications were that Davis, despite his agent calling around and trying to find a team for Davis to get traded to, wouldn't walk away from $17.8 million, either.

As you can see, it's going to be a fascinating summer ...

If this is true...Wow. Agent Zero back in Oakland? Highly doubt it. Haha.

i think with the way baron opted out so abruptly like that...he's going to get booed if he's not in a warrior uniform next season...

gilbert is nice, but 100 mil?
sick.gif

^Yeah and with a bum knee he's still rehabbing...Not too sure if I'd want Hibachi in a Warrior uniform...That would strap the team down financially.

Even though Davis opted out, the Warriors would still make Biedrins and Ellis their top priority to sign this summer.

Arenas possibly going back to the Warriors would be
pimp.gif
but if they sign Biedrins and Ellis to long term contracts, I don't think they have enough moneyto give Arenas what he wants.

I believe Chris Duhon is also a free agent.....do it Mullin.....if you don't re-sign Baron.

Wiz offer Arenas the max but he may take less
What a crazy night in free agency. First, Baron Davis surprisingly opted out of the final year of his contract that would have payed him $17.8 million this season from the Golden State Warriors.

Then, according to my sources, the Warriors quickly burned the phones and offered former Warrior Gilbert Arenas a maximum-level contract, one that would pay him more than $100 million over five years. My source told me that Gilbert received a flurry of phone calls from the Warriors in the first 30 minutes of free agency.

After Gilbert drove to the Verizon Center for a late night workout and a meeting with Ernie Grunfeld, the Wizards came strong with an offer of a maximum contract that covers six years for over $124 million (Not sure whether they knew about the Golden State offer or not. I hear they didn't. Ernie came strong but also laid it out for Gilbert that if he asked for the maximum, the team would be in a tough spot.)

According to a source close to Arenas, the three-time all star is mulling the offers but is leaning towards staying with the Wizards and is willing to take less than the maximum if it will help Grunfeld make other moves he needs to make this summer.

Earlier today, Antawn Jamison signed a four year deal worth $50 million and if Arenas took a max contract, his first-year cap number would essentially end the offseason for the Wizards. That would mean no shot at keeping Roger Mason Jr.(which Ernie would like to do with part of the midlevel exception) or any other key piece.
Also, I heard from a very reliable source that the Sacramento Kings contacted Arenas and said they are willing to do "whatever it takes" to land his services even if they have to "trade their entire team." Guess the Maloof brothers want to matter again.

wow mully, you've lost your damn mind. hahaha

and braon, i gota let something out my man.

you know that nasty dunk you threw down on AK???

well....

THAT #*!@ WAS AN OFFENSIVE FOUL!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
nerd.gif

Man, this is VERY disappointing news. He screwed us by opting out so late. Gillie would be VERY nice but with his messed up leg, it'll be tough to givehim THAT much money and i LOVE Gillie.

smh.gif
at Baron though.

and braon, i gota let something out my man.

you know that nasty dunk you threw down on AK???

well....

THAT #*!@ WAS AN OFFENSIVE FOUL!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
nerd.gif

whoa, stop it now. baron is the only reason we have a somewhat successful team right now.

This morning's Chronicle shows a picture of Baron's back. Pretty sad, but I guess we have to move on. I'm sure he still has that 81st game on hismind. He was done wrong, straight up in that situation, therefore, I think it helped make his decision, because 17.8 million is VERY HARD to walk away from.Surprising? No, not really. I'm wouldn't be surprised if Baron took a lot less money elsewhere and play for a contender. I just hope it isn't in aLaker uniform.

I wouldn't give Arenas the max though.

I DO NOT want Gil back at that price. NO WAY. I hated him when he left and I don't think I could cheer for him again, ESPECIALLY if we give him 100 mil
smh.gif
.Baron will join a list of mine that includes Jason Giambi, if (more like when) he leaves.
smh.gif

We'll see how many of you panic and get all upset.

Surely this wasn't counted on, but Duhon? Really??? May as well ask Nellie to leave too.

We'll see how far apart we really are financially with Baron. As long as we don't panic and give in by mortgaging the future, I'll live with it.
Much like Nellie, I didn't think he'd pass up 17m. Obviously LA seems like the logical choice, but so did keeping 17m. I wouldn't sign and tradehim for garbage, considering the amount of cap space he just freed up. I'd still move Al Harrington.

What's Josh Smith's contract, is he a (un)restricted? I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on him. He looked nice when I saw him versus us.

If Baron doesn't come back, at least the threads for the Warriors will less packed.

Nellie has stated that he believes Monta is ready to run PG, if Baron doesn't come back.

That allows us flexibility in signing someone to fill the void. Either a play making SG or a true PG which still allow Monta to score.

This gem was nice too:

As it stands, the Warriors without Davis will have about $31 million in committed salary once their draft picks sign. That leaves roughly $38 million to spendbefore entering luxury tax territory, which figures to be a little more than $70 million next season.

PS- Are my damn posts showing up?

i have an NDS pair of purple pigeons, worn like 3 times, with the pigeon patch on the side. if the right offer comes along, maybe i'd get rid of them.

He was done wrong in that game? How? Its not like he'd been helping or playing relatively well up to then. Sometimes dudes need a reality check. He gothis.

We may get ours in return, but ultimately, I can live with it.

Just don't throw a boatload of cash to someone in a panic move. IE Gilbert.

Why have Monta if you're going to grab Gilbert. Makes no sense.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

i have an NDS pair of purple pigeons, worn like 3 times, with the pigeon patch on the side. if the right offer comes along, maybe i'd get rid of them.

ahah what the hell?

Yeah I wonder how many people actually watched that Suns game. Baron was playing horrible the entire time he was on the floor. The reserves erased the deficitand went ahead. Why would you put a guy that played horrible back in and punish the players that were working hard all night?

we should sign a cheap pg (Duhon) and pick up Josh Smith in a S&T for a combination of Pietrus, Barnes or Al.

duhon/watson/monta
monta/marco/jax
jax/randolph
smith/wright
biedrins/kosta/HOPEFULLY POB

we probably wouldn't make playoffs, but just let this young team develop and i think we'd be alright. maybe we can get the #1 pick next year and draftone of the many good pgs.

more of a lurker to this post, but die-hard nonetheless...and yesterday's news is something crucial!

why boom, why?!? im not asking why he opted out (cuz thats understandable, kinda) but im askin why he gotta do the dubs like that?! thats some **%. he HAS toknow something is up to forfeit 18 milly.

hopefully hes being a true team player, and hes willing to take a pay-cut! so lets use some of that extra cash for my dude, kelenna! this dude special K, isgonna be a vital part of the team. TRUST! please get him on board!

Warriors do not need to replace a high price point guard with another one. I personally don't believe that report is true. Mullin would/should exhausts alloptions with Baron before he even THINKS about offering that kind of money in the free agent.

Back
Top Bottom