Official Warriors Season Thread

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Oh and to add another thing, Nellie has a compliant Baron Davis... not a defiant Baron Davis like Montgomery had.

But with that point, Baron didn't like Montgomery, he respect Don, thats a plus to Don

But Baron didn't like Montgomery because he had no credentials. Baron viewed Montgomery as a "college coach that had no business in the pros"type coach. That's why he would roll his eyes whenever Montgomery was telling him something. With Don, yeah he's got the credentials and Baron seesthat. He automatically respects Nellie because he KNOWS Nellie knows how to coach. If Montgomery had a compliant Baron Davis, we would have won more games thanwe did... well to be more correct, we'd be more competitive and would have had a better chance to win more games.

Originally Posted by presequel

so is pietrus cleared by medical staff to play and sitting out on his own?

or do they recommend he not play?

even still....you can't knock a guy when he's inj. its a groin inj.....so if his mobility/athleticism isn't there....he might not help at all.

From my understanding, yes Pietrus is cleared to play but as the article stated, he's a very slow healer.

My view on it is that he's not going to "risk" it because he's a free agent coming up this offseason and doesn't want to hurt hisstock by "playing injured". My view on it is that he sees him being a free agent next year and "cashing in" (whether he'll receive the$$$ he's looking for, that's another story) more important than helping the Warriors get to the playoffs. Now I may be jumping the gun a little bithere by assuming, but that's what it sounds like to me. Pietrus was always about the money. He wanted out of Golden State so bad he wanted to get traded toMiami
sick.gif
, complained about his contract, and he and his camp always hinted that Pietrus was being underpaid.

Nellie is really stubborn with his system of having shooters spreading out the floor. Honestly, I don't think Nellie will get us further with the team ifwe keep playing his style. Besides, his coaching days are close to done as retirement has always come to his mind. Mullin really needs to look two yrs ahead tofind a better coach that gives this team a solid identity.

Mickael Pietrus (strained groin) is not expected to play in Sunday's game, but he will be re-evaluated before the Warriors play the Mavericks on Wednesday.
Warriors' captain Stephen Jackson had some choice words regarding Pietrus' injury: "Hopefully he sucks it up and comes back and thinks about theteam and fights the injury a little for us." Pietrus lobbied hard for a trade earlier this season, and apparently Jackson perceives a disparity betweenPietrus' commitment to play and his own (Jackson has been banged up all season).

^
eek.gif
sjax calling MP out.

It's a shame that he's hurt NOW, dude's been playing really well lately. He does need to suck it up though....unless it's really that serious?

Originally Posted by offbad

if anyone is going to the dallas game taking BART-- and is willing to cop for me a bootlegged black size L "The City" hoodie from the dudes in the tunnel/bridge after the game, shoot me a PM.

I'll pay the 20 +shipping for it, thanks. I didn't have any cash yesterday, and I'm going back to school Sunday evening.
eyes.gif
frown.gif

happy.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Mickael Pietrus (strained groin) is not expected to play in Sunday's game, but he will be re-evaluated before the Warriors play the Mavericks on Wednesday.
Warriors' captain Stephen Jackson had some choice words regarding Pietrus' injury: "Hopefully he sucks it up and comes back and thinks about the team and fights the injury a little for us." Pietrus lobbied hard for a trade earlier this season, and apparently Jackson perceives a disparity between Pietrus' commitment to play and his own (Jackson has been banged up all season).

tired.gif
Pietrus. If he's not motivated and doesn't care, Nellieshould be benching guys like him instead of POB. But then again...we don't really know the extent of the injury, but given the importance of the gameswe're playing right now, he should toughen it up. The new Steve Slaton?
sick.gif

tough loss for us tonight. we need to make up some ground and grind out the next couple of games. BEAT THE MAVS.

go warriors
pimp.gif

Big win today vs Mavericks now let get some help from Phoenix to beat Denver Tomorrow and it will be big if we beat the spurs on Tuesday thing are gettingtighter.

Monday Denver @ Phoenix

Tuesday Warriors @ Spurps
Phoenix @ Denver

Wednesday Warriors @ Mavericks

BIG GAME COMING UP

Mavs and Nuggets play on Monday, now wouldn't it be something if they both lost and we go to the 7th
laugh.gif
. Phx has to beat Denver in both games

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

About Sasha Vujacic:

He will go to the Warriors next year, watch.

sad but true. nellie would LOVE having him.

I've always secretly wanted The Machine on the Warriors. Don't know why.
pimp.gif

he's trash.

It was sarcasm, but not very obvious I guess.

I don't see Dallas getting very far without Dirk, I think they'll be the odd one out.

westthree_300_080330.jpg

We now have a three-way tie for the seventh and eighthspots in the Western
Conference after the Warriors edged the Mavericks on Sunday night.

Western Conference
WesternWLPCTGBCONFDIVHOMEROADL 10STREAK
New Orleans[sup]1[/sup]50220.6940.031-1410-527-1023-128-2W 1
San Antonio[sup]2[/sup]51230.6890.028-1610-631-620-177-3W 7
L.A. Lakers[sup]3[/sup]50240.6761.030-149-425-1125-135-5W 1
Utah[sup]4[/sup]48260.6493.028-178-632-416-226-4L 1
Phoenix[sup]5[/sup]49240.6711.525-189-626-1023-148-2W 2
Houston[sup]6[/sup]49240.6711.527-168-828-1021-146-4L 1
Denver[sup]7[/sup]45280.6165.526-1710-430-715-218-2W 5
Dallas[sup]8[/sup]45280.6165.527-169-630-715-215-5L 2
Golden State45280.6165.525-188-525-1220-165-5W 1

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_8755769

Pietrus parked with hammy, groin pains
By Geoff Lepper, STAFF WRITER
Article Created: 03/31/2008 02:32:58 AM PDT

OAKLAND - Mickael Pietrus' month of great play after the Feb.21 trade deadline passed is beginning to be overshadowed by his continued absence with a strained right groin and hamstring.

Pietrus did not suit up Sunday, making this five games in a row that he has missed, and it's unlikely that he'll be back any earlier than Friday in Memphis.

But less than 24 hours after captain Stephen Jackson said that he hoped his teammate "sucks it up and comes back and thinks about the team and fights through the injury for us" - making it sound as though it were merely a matter of Pietrus' pain tolerance - the Warriors made the highly unusual step, for them, of releasing oodles of data regarding the injury.

According to the club, Pietrus was examined Sunday by team physician John Belzer, and while the groin is progressing nicely, the hamstring "still has inadequate flexibility or strength to begin running" and that to do so at this time, "he increases the risk of re-injuring himself."

Pietrus will travel on the Warriors' upcoming four-game road trip but is considered doubtful for Golden State's games in San Antonio on Tuesday and Dallas on Wednesday.

"Well, we've done a good job of playing through injuries all year," Warriors coach Don Nelson said. "There's some of them that you just can't play through, and the groin is a tough one, and that's an individual thing. I have no complaints about that. If somebody's injured, they're injured."

The Warriors did receive some good news Sunday on the injury front: X-rays taken of forward Al Harrington's right thumb - which got banged against the rim Saturday as Harrington blocked a shot from Denver's Kenyon Martin - were negative, and Harrington played with his thumb heavily bandaged.

Nevertheless, the Warriors still went only seven deep for the most part, and rookie forward Brandan Wright - despite Nelson claiming he would be a good matchup against the Mavericks - was nowhere to be found.

Wouldn't it have been better, Nelson was asked, if you had brought Wright along over the course of the season so that he could contribute now? "The organization, the team and me all wanted to make the playoffs," Nelson said. "And to do that, to be where we are today, we had to do it the way we did it."
Wouldn't it have been better, Nelson was asked, if you had brought Wright along over the course of the seasonso that he could contribute now? "The organization, the team and me all wanted to make the playoffs," Nelson said. "And to do that, to be wherewe are today, we had to do it the way we did it."
indifferent.gif

Nevertheless, the Warriors still went only seven deep for the most part, and rookie forward Brandan Wright - despite Nelson claiming he would be a good matchup against the Mavericks - was nowhere to be found.

Wouldn't it have been better, Nelson was asked, if you had brought Wright along over the course of the season so that he could contribute now? "The organization, the team and me all wanted to make the playoffs," Nelson said. "And to do that, to be where we are today, we had to do it the way we did it."

smh.gif

OAKLAND - Mickael Pietrus' month of great play after the Feb.21 trade deadline passed is beginning to be overshadowed by his continued absence with a strained right groin and hamstring.

Pietrus did not suit up Sunday, making this five games in a row that he has missed, and it's unlikely that he'll be back any earlier than Friday in Memphis.

But less than 24 hours after captain Stephen Jackson said that he hoped his teammate "sucks it up and comes back and thinks about the team and fights through the injury for us" - making it sound as though it were merely a matter of Pietrus' pain tolerance - the Warriors made the highly unusual step, for them, of releasing oodles of data regarding the injury.

According to the club, Pietrus was examined Sunday by team physician John Belzer, and while the groin is progressing nicely, the hamstring "still has inadequate flexibility or strength to begin running" and that to do so at this time, "he increases the risk of re-injuring himself."

Pietrus will travel on the Warriors' upcoming four-game road trip but is considered doubtful for Golden State's games in San Antonio on Tuesday and Dallas on Wednesday.

"Well, we've done a good job of playing through injuries all year," Warriors coach Don Nelson said. "There's some of them that you just can't play through, and the groin is a tough one, and that's an individual thing. I have no complaints about that. If somebody's injured, they're injured."

The Warriors did receive some good news Sunday on the injury front: X-rays taken of forward Al Harrington's right thumb - which got banged against the rim Saturday as Harrington blocked a shot from Denver's Kenyon Martin - were negative, and Harrington played with his thumb heavily bandaged.

indifferent.gif

ya and what i hated worse was that they said don nelson was implying that wright lost us some games
indifferent.gif
. if anything someone like harrington should be blamed for losses becausehe tries doing too much. wright has had what, a couple bad games maybe? the only really bad one was the one against the clips, but we still won. how many biggames has harrington had where we lost? against the mavs the previous two games and we lost both, and against utah were we lost.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

indifferent.gif

ya and what i hated worse was that they said don nelson was implying that wright lost us some games
indifferent.gif
. if anything someone like harrington should be blamed for losses because he tries doing too much. wright has had what, a couple bad games maybe? the only really bad one was the one against the clips, but we still won. how many big games has harrington had where we lost? against the mavs the previous two games and we lost both, and against utah were we lost.

Nelson never said Wright "lost us some games". He said that if he played Wright more in the beginning that it might have cost a couple games. He said the team couldn't afford to risk it because a couple games would have seen us out.

Though Nellie isn't saying whether Brandan would have cost us some games or not... Nellie still could have had brought Brandan Wright along throughout theseason better.

Back
Top Bottom