Official Warriors Season Thread

What irks me most about Nellie, is his sole reliance on small ball and finding mismatches. I just don't understand why everything has to be unconventional.Sometimes you just have to matchup - Big vs. Big, Small vs. Small.

That being said, I wouldn't want a coaching change.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

I just realized, we havent beat the Spurs at SA since Duncan got drafted...damn.
damn
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EG47

What irks me most about Nellie, is his sole reliance on small ball and finding mismatches. I just don't understand why everything has to be unconventional. Sometimes you just have to matchup - Big vs. Big, Small vs. Small.

That being said, I wouldn't want a coaching change.

I don't think we need a coaching change either. Like someone said earlier, the West is just stacked. If it was last year, we would have been in the5th or 6th spot. Nelly did a great job of bringing this team back to the payoffs, and making them playoff contenders again.

Warriors imo, have the hardest remaing schedule among them, Denver, and Dallas. All we can hope for, is for them to keep winning from here out on.

Coaching change? lol...may I remind you where we've been prior to Nellie?

With good comes the bad of any coach, and some times, Nelly's stubbornness is reflected in his subbing pattern. However, he probably knows his personnelslightly better than we do.

You can't compare the job Nellie did with that of Montgomery and Musselman. if Nelson had Dunleavy and Murphy for the rest of the season he wouldn'thave won either.

Nellie didn't have the Warriors at a good record before the Indiana trade...without that trade Nellie would not have led the Warriors to the playoffs.

After looking at the remaining schedules for the W's, Mavs, and Den. It looks like the Mavs have the toughest road. Although we have this road trip, Istill think we can pull it off since out of the 3 teams, we have the best road record. Of the 3 teams, we have the least amount of pressure on us. We don'thave any superstars (meaning all stars), we are just a team that people think got lucky last year. Nellie and the rest of the guys know this so I think thiswill be used to our advantage. If there's anything we know about our team it is that when we have to play, we go out there and play. The schedule says wehave 4 of our remaining 8 games on national tv, and we all know what the Baron does on national TV....losing as bad as we did last night to SA, it might be ablessing in disguise to spark a fire under them. LET'S GO WARRIORS!!!!!

We can play the what if game all day long....but Nellie is a better coach to tap the potential out of his player than the prior coaches were/could've.

Obviously the other intangible Nellie brings is he gets a say in Mullin's personnel moves, which I think we can agree with, have been better (minus CWebb,lol, but I think that was done for reasons outside of bball) than they were under just the watchful eye of Mully.

Plus, Nellie needs certain TYPES of players in his system before he'll be successful. He knew damn well he'd be shipping certain components of theWarriors away, which I'm fine with. Don't get me wrong, he's not a perfect coach, but he's perfect for the type of team/style we have andhe's also what we have at the moment. Its not Nellie's fault that certain players decide to just jack up J after J, after J, after J when they shouldattempt to maintain rhythm and keep getting easy (or easier) buckets. It IS his fault for leaving players in too long, but honestly, who has shown they canCONSISTENTLY step in and do a good job? That's right, no one.

Who knew Barnes would have such a terrible 3/4 of a season, that to me, is larger than the media's story line of Jackson's suspension.

You can't compare the job Nellie did with that of Montgomery and Musselman. if Nelson had Dunleavy and Murphy for the rest of the season he wouldn't have won either.
maybe you can't, but those two led us nowhere and nelson has gotten us somewhere. the game of "what if" is always certainlyinteresting though.

Stephen Jackson should take his own advice and "step up" right now and start becoming his old self onceagain.

Stephen Jackson tonight's + yesterday's shooting = 3/23
sick.gif

Al Harrington tonight's + yesterday's shooting = 5/19
sick.gif

Total: 8/42
indifferent.gif

Al should be a 6th man instead of a starter and have Brandan Wright start (C'MON NELLIE, START A ROOKIE!)

Losing back to back games with less than 100 points. WE NEED TO WIN!
mad.gif

I'm disgusted
sick.gif
. I woke up from my nap to look at the game in the 4th quarter and I see that we were down by double figures
mad.gif
. WTH?!

^ No Jackson, No Al, little from Biedrins, high energy from Dallas the entire game, Monta couldn't keep them in it the whole game.

Our defense chant in the beginning of the Warriors-Dallas thread didn't work
frown.gif

The Mavericks had wayy too open looks esp. in the 1st half.

I don't think I need to get into what I wanna say since I already posted in the Don Nelson thread
laugh.gif

but...
i'm holding on (word to kwame harris) to the hope, but realistically...we're gonna have to undergo a complete change in energy/intensity if we'regonna get a spot in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Our defense chant in the beginning of the Warriors-Dallas thread didn't work
frown.gif

The Mavericks had wayy too open looks esp. in the 1st half.

I don't think I need to get into what I wanna say since I already posted in the Don Nelson thread
laugh.gif

but...
i'm holding on (word to kwame harris) to the hope, but realistically...we're gonna have to undergo a complete change in energy/intensity if we're gonna get a spot in the playoffs.

you basically summed it up in the end as to what i think. we just need someone like brandan in because he's a more energy/team player than harrington, barnes, or croshere and he doesn't try to pad his stats as much either. he does what he's out there to do and doesn't try too much unlike everyoneelse; also, he has what we need (energy, rebounding, defense) and he still doesn't get playing time. we can't rely on biedrins every game and with theteam seeming to play less defense each game, we could really use him. he also seemed to push the ball up better than every other player (on our team) duringthe dallas game.

It's going to be tough to get in but we still can.

It's so frustrating to watch Jackson play right now...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

^ No Jackson, No Al, little from Biedrins, high energy from Dallas the entire game, Monta couldn't keep them in it the whole game.

eek.gif
How can we win if our 2nd best player isn't have a good game?
tired.gif

laugh.gif
j/k.
Dude, you're never going to live that down
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

eek.gif
How can we win if our 2nd best player isn't have a good game?
tired.gif

laugh.gif
j/k.
Dude, you're never going to live that down
laugh.gif

roll.gif
. and about the first quote, baron was doing well in the first halftoo, but baron usually doesn't play as well in the second half if he's had a good first half. so he and monta helped keep it respectable in the firsthalf, then it went downhill when he and monta were the only ones scoring anything in the third.

Like my boss said today when we were talking....

Dallas played the decoy card real well. Look at all the major news outlets (hell, I even posted it) saying Dirk isn't going to play. Then he plays...whatdoes that do? Fires up everyone on Dallas and their fans meanwhile the Warriors look shook.

Great time for this texas back to back.

Back
Top Bottom