Official Warriors Season Thread

Originally Posted by daprescription

Eh, Denver isn't as good as you guys are making them out to be. Nene played a couple minutes last game, he's still not back in form. Denver is a horrible defensive(as the Warriors are), so they shouldn't have any problems scoring. I'm pretty sure Iverson will start off on Monta, so he needs to attack attack attack. We should be fine.

But the Nuggets are really good at home. This is the biggest game of the season do far.

iunno man, camby and melo will probably have a field day attacking the rim.. unless harrington decides to body up or 'buike plays some good D.

Does Dallas play tomorrow?

3 main points of the game

• Rebound
  • Quick start to the game
  • Defense

just leave camby open and he'll take his ugly jumper all day.

And make it. not too confident about this game
ohwell.gif

About Sasha Vujacic:

He will go to the Warriors next year, watch.

sad but true. nellie would LOVE having him.

I've always secretly wanted The Machine on the Warriors. Don't know why.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

About Sasha Vujacic:

pimp.gif

We don't need another 3 pt jacker,we have Belinelli

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

About Sasha Vujacic:

pimp.gif

what the hell man? are you high? or do you hate the warriors.

AI on Monta? That is going to be a fun matchup.
pimp.gif
AI is my favorite active player but hopefully he has a tough day tomorrow
laugh.gif

Sup fellow fans.

Went to the game against Portland and it was CRAZY!It's crazy watching them lose though,especially to the weaker teams.They better keep the push and makethe playoffs again

[h2]Time to look ahead to this weekend's HUGE Nuggets-Mavs games[/h2]
From Janny Hu.
Well, it wasn't pretty, but the Warriors got their needed 'W' against Portland before their critical back-to-back set against Denver and Dallas this weekend. The Warriors will hold a mini-practice Friday at noon (more like a walk-through) before getting on a 3pm flight to Denver. Saturday's tip is at 6pm, then they'll turn around and fly back after the game. Then it's Sunday's early 6 pm tip against the Mavs.

Dallas, by the way, is already in town. The Mavs arrived in San Francisco around midnight and will have two off-days before playing the Warriors. Nice schedule break for the Mavs, but it doesn't change the fact that they still haven't beaten a team with a winning record since bringing Jason Kidd on board ... and 7 of their 10 last 10 games are against winning teams ... and at least some of them will be played without Dirk Nowitzki.

Denver, on the other hand, has now won 4 straight after beating the Mavs on Thursday.
Everyone's remaining schedule:

DALLAS

3/30 at Golden State
3/31 at LA Clippers
4/2 vs. Golden State
4/4 at LA Lakers
4/6 at Phoenix
4/8 vs. Seattle
4/10 vs. Utah
4/12 at Portland
4/13 at Seattle
4/16 vs. New Orleans

GOLDEN STATE
3/29 at Denver
3/30 vs. Dallas
4/1 at San Antonio
4/2 at Dallas
4/4 at Memphis
4/6 at New Orleans
4/8 vs. Sacramento
4/10 vs. Denver
4/12 vs. LA Clippers
4/14 at Phoenix
4/16 vs. Seattle

DENVER
3/29 vs. Golden State
3/31 at Phoenix
4/1 vs. Phoenix
4/5 vs. Sacramento
4/6 at Seattle
4/8 at LA Clippers
4/10 at Golden State
4/12 at Utah
4/13 vs. Houston
4/16 vs. Memphis

So who's the odd-man out in the playoff race?

Dang, Mavs in the Bay already to get ready for the game.
eek.gif

warriors still control their on destiny. if they beat mavs and denver twice, they should be good.

you mean in addition to beating all the other non-playoff hopeful teams, right?

I love the Warrior season threads, it's like a little community in here
laugh.gif

Anyway, the Warriors can take any team in the playoffs except Utah
laugh.gif

They can take:

LA - tough one. LA is a good team, but the playoffs are only 3 weeks away and they haven't been healthy for almost the entire season. AND they just gotembarrassed by the Bobcats and the Grizz at home.

NO - For some reason, I'm just not completelty sold on this team. CP3 has been insane, but against a bigger pg(Deron Williams, BDiddy) he isn't asproficient. The Hornets remind me alot of the Warriors, they struggle with half-court teams(Utah) as well.

Dallas - I think we all remember last year

Denver - Denver plays worse D than GS does
laugh.gif

Phx - The Warriors are better at the Suns system than they are

Rockets - These guys are frauds to me. Sure they were on a winning streak, but every team gets hot for a while(see Blazers). I just don't see this teamdoing anything without Yao. Plus T-Mac can't win in the postseason. They can't run with GS anyways

The only teams the Warriors will be in trouble against are the Spurs+Utah.
Nobody on the Warriors can gaurd Duncan. Plus Utah owns GS.
BUT if the Warriors control the tempo and their shots are falling, they can take out anyone.

It's all about catching fire at the right time, and for the Warriors the time is now.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I love the Warrior season threads, it's like a little community in here
laugh.gif

Anyway, the Warriors can take any team in the playoffs except Utah
laugh.gif

They can take:

LA - tough one. LA is a good team, but the playoffs are only 3 weeks away and they haven't been healthy for almost the entire season. AND they just got embarrassed by the Bobcats and the Grizz at home.

NO - For some reason, I'm just not completelty sold on this team. CP3 has been insane, but against a bigger pg(Deron Williams, BDiddy) he isn't as proficient. The Hornets remind me alot of the Warriors, they struggle with half-court teams(Utah) as well.

Dallas - I think we all remember last year

Denver - Denver plays worse D than GS does
laugh.gif

Phx - The Warriors are better at the Suns system than they are

Rockets - These guys are frauds to me. Sure they were on a winning streak, but every team gets hot for a while(see Blazers). I just don't see this team doing anything without Yao. Plus T-Mac can't win in the postseason. They can't run with GS anyways

The only teams the Warriors will be in trouble against are the Spurs+Utah.
Nobody on the Warriors can gaurd Duncan. Plus Utah owns GS.
BUT if the Warriors control the tempo and their shots are falling, they can take out anyone.

It's all about catching fire at the right time, and for the Warriors the time is now.
Haha, the Warrior's Season Thread is great... I love it!

But yeah, I'll agree with you on Utah and San Antonio, but I really think you're selling your Lakers short. They'll be a force to be reckoned withcome playoff time. I think you really have to dismiss those losses to Charlotte and Memphis simply because Gasol's out. He's already shown thathe's a great compliment to Kobe in Phil's Triangle, not having him there was really a disadvantage for you guys because when Gasol was there, you guyswere clicking on all cylinders. No matter how you slice it, the Warriors get dominated by big men who play in the paint. The Lakers have that in Gasol... plushaving Kobe to take over games isn't a bad option at all.

I didn't mention Bynum because he's still got to go through rehab and then get back into the swing of things and I'm not sure how the timetable forhis return looks like.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
yeah, this thread is one of the reason i visit S+T so frequently

kinda reiterating what Paul said, but yeah the Lakers at full force is not a team the Warriors want to play. We've shown we can compete with them, but witha healthy Gasol it's not so likely we can win a 7 game series, it's possible but I wouldn't bet on it. I'll be honest though, I'm not soldon the Lakers getting to the NBA Finals this year because the group probably needs some time to gel and gain some more experience, so IMO Utah will surprisesome and make it to the finals. But, the Warriors' only chance at even sniffing the Finals is getting the best matchups...which means avoiding Utah and SanAntonio, but unfortunately those are the two teams that have the ingredients to make a deep run. outside of those two, i think we have an okay shot at beatinganyone in a series, but we have to be playing at our highest level and draining our shots.

Back
Top Bottom