Official Warriors Season Thread

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Like my boss said today when we were talking....

Dallas played the decoy card real well. Look at all the major news outlets (hell, I even posted it) saying Dirk isn't going to play. Then he plays...what does that do? Fires up everyone on Dallas and their fans meanwhile the Warriors look shook.

Great time for this texas back to back.

I'll admit, when I heard Dirk was playing and saw the Mavericks winning by 10 or so when I got out of class, I had a smile until the game was over.(Had to comfort my dad because he was pissed that they lost
nerd.gif
). I was completely shocked, I'd been following up until the game started.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

So.......

Official Warriors Off-Season Thread?

Wow. Sarcasm or not. Wow.

I still believe. Seven games is enough to clinch a spot.
Co-sign.
I'm hating on Nellie now for the rotations and stuff....but we're not out of this at all. We still have a good shot. I think Dallas will get in, butDenver is a bit more shaky to me. I'm seeing the glass half-empty right now, but certainly, we're not done at all.

You know what we still in this. 1 game behind 8th with 7 games is very possible. Just NEED to get focused!

we need a true power forward. dudes like brandon bass, carl landry, boozer (oh and millsap) keep on killin us.

Hey, what do you guys feel about Roy Hibbert? Some mock drafts have him going in the mid 20's, would you want the warriors to draft him?

I don't want Roy Hibbert at all. He's too slow and unathletic for our team....under Nellie he'll just be a wasted pick...
I have a Bay Area bias, but Robin Lopez COULD potentially be someone we pick, kind of a scrappy guy who gets rebounds and plays with tenacity (moreso than hisbrother) but just doesn't have the offensive game polished yet-and some ppl kinda compare him to Andris..and on the same route i like Devon Hardin.he's athletic, can run, block shots, and would fit in pretty well with us, IMO. Actually....if Nellie has say on the pick I can see him taking RyanAnderson
frown.gif
(if he goes pro, probably not)
sorry for only looking at bay area teams but...

I think we could go with a backup PG....but more likely a big man. darren collison? he's probably gone when we pick though.

i don't think we'll HAVE to go 7-0.....2 losses maximum though. if we finish 5-2 and miss the playoffs, u just gotta tip ur hat to dallas/denver forplaying better down the stretch.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I don't want Roy Hibbert at all. He's too slow and unathletic for our team....under Nellie he'll just be a wasted pick...
I have a Bay Area bias, but Robin Lopez COULD potentially be someone we pick, kind of a scrappy guy who gets rebounds and plays with tenacity (moreso than his brother) but just doesn't have the offensive game polished yet-and some ppl kinda compare him to Andris..and on the same route i like Devon Hardin. he's athletic, can run, block shots, and would fit in pretty well with us, IMO. Actually....if Nellie has say on the pick I can see him taking Ryan Anderson
frown.gif
(if he goes pro, probably not)
sorry for only looking at bay area teams but...

I think we could go with a backup PG....but more likely a big man. darren collison? he's probably gone when we pick though.

If the Warriors draft Lopez, I'm definitely getting his jersey. Now if I would only pony up the money for a Chris Paul jersey.

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

i think that dallas has the toughest games left, their playin the suns, lakers, utah portland and new orleans.

our remaining schedule is prolly at even strength with denvers remaining games,

if only dallas and denver lost a few more games, and the dubs actually tried fighting for some wins...

laugh.gif

that'd be sick cuz even if he gets traded, it'll still hold value to you since you could just say it's your customized jersey or something
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

too bad that won't ever happen to me, until some asian guy makes it to the league (american born chinese people, not people like yao/yi). at least i have apretty good chance since my last name's supposedly the equivalent of "Smith" to White people.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

that'd be sick cuz even if he gets traded, it'll still hold value to you since you could just say it's your customized jersey or something
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Yup.

too bad that won't ever happen to me, until some asian guy makes it to the league (american born chinese people, not people like yao/yi). at least i have a pretty good chance since my last name's supposedly the equivalent of "Smith" to White people.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ "Smith".

Haven't been checking up on this thread regularly, but I've caught up with it.

Today's game was horrible, they're playing with no sense of urgency at all. They weren't hustling for loose balls and the D was horrible. We needto go back to the scrambling D that caused so many problems for teams. We need to get deflections and steals which ignite out offense. We're not doingthis. We need to come out stronger against Memphis. WE NEED OTHERS TO STEP UP ALSO. Al and Jax tonight were horrible. Jackson makes clutch shots and helps us alot, but sometimes it's so hard watching him play. He loses the ball so often and always complains about calls. Just get back on D, they're not goingto call everything. Al has just been stinking lately. He's not hitting the 3 and he can't finish layups. His D isn't very good, and he gets intotoo much foul trouble. We need them to play well in order to win. Our bench isn't playing very well either, where is Pietrus? He's been out forever.Matt Barnes hasn't done anything all season. We need him to go back to being a hustle player instead of tackling the other team and trying to get intofights with everyone. Getting flagrant and technical fouls all the time. Azubuike has been playing well and we need him to keep it up. Monta has been amazing,I just think he needs to try to look for his teammates a little more. I don't blame him though cause the other players have been playing pretty bad. Baronhas been beasting, but he needs help. He can't do it all himself. I think they should look to give it to Biedrins more. He has high field goal percentageand makes his FT's now. Well hopefully this team comes out to play against Memphis, every game is a must win, and they should treat them like they are mustwin games.

With that said, I still believe that this team can make the playoffs and do some damage. We just need to focus and play hard. Let's go Warriors!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

too bad that won't ever happen to me, until some asian guy makes it to the league (american born chinese people, not people like yao/yi). at least i have a pretty good chance since my last name's supposedly the equivalent of "Smith" to White people.
laugh.gif

You are Asian? I could have sworn you were a typical white Warriors fans.
laugh.gif
, then again, this is the BA we are talking about,
laugh.gif

Nguyen?
laugh.gif

i don't think we'll HAVE to go 7-0.....2 losses maximum though. if we finish 5-2 and miss the playoffs, u just gotta tip ur hat to dallas/denver for playing better down the stretch.
WORD.

laugh.gif

You thought i was White? hahahaha. i'd assume people would think I was asian (esp. since NT is known for having asians kinda)

nah i'm chinese (technically taiwanese...i'm indifferent to that but my relatives are really firm in their belief that taiwan=/=china
laugh.gif
), my lastname is "Chang".

I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but Dallas seems a little further out of reach right now. In order to get a better record than us (whetheryour fighting for 8th or 7th), you'd have to not only make up the 2 games you're back right now, but also end up with a better record than us. Ourschedule looks bad, but after this weekend (which I think at worst we'll split), we have easy breezing until the very last game of the season, which Ithink will be irrelevant by that point, unless it literally comes down to the LAST GAME like it did last year.

Back
Top Bottom