Official Warriors Season Thread

Hey! I make avys and I'm not Vietnamese either
mad.gif

way to go out on a limb there.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Now back on the Warriors.....it sucks we don't really control our own destiny, but hopefully these guys can figure it out on time and put out their besteffort for all these games ahead; there's not much else that can be asked. if we miss the playoffs, it's because the West was too damn competitive, andunfortunately those games we lost but should have won will be looked back upon (Minnesota, Charlotte, Chicago...and I HATE to say it....but....Lakers).It's possible we miss the playoffs by a game or something and there are a bunch of "what could have been" questions.

either way, our future is bright. we just need to dump baron and sign chris quinn to a max contract next season
pimp.gif

dont forget the 19 point lead(i think it was 19) that we blew in Indiana. oh and the 20+ point lead we blew against the pistons in the beginning of theseason.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
this team makes me mad.

Damn, why is everyone ragging on Chris Quinn all of a sudden
laugh.gif
? Ever since Shaq threw him under the bus he's being mentioned when he didn't even doanything
laugh.gif

Shaq did him dirty
indifferent.gif
, I can't wait til the next time they meet when Quinn drops 40 and slams one down (Baron on AK style) on that fat piece of $%@*.

Wait can he dunk?
ohwell.gif

if if i...............f
thats just how it is though
frown.gif

[h1]MISSING THE POINT[/h1] [h2]Warriors' high-powered offense suddenly has lost its touch[/h2]
Janny Hu, Chronicle Staff Writer

Friday, April 4, 2008

(04-04) 04:00 PDT Dallas --

Warriors coach Don Nelson was branding his team's lousy defensive effort against the Mavericks on Wednesday when a peculiar exchange arose.

The reason why his team wasn't getting back in transition, Nelson said, was because it was too busy admiring its own shots.

And just how does that happen, he was asked, when those shots are hardly going down?

"Well, it looks nice on the way," Nelson quipped. "Then the rim gets in the way."

The NBA's highest-scoring offense - described only days ago by Spurs coach Gregg Popovich as "hell on wheels" - has frozen over at the most critical point in the season.

In back-to-back whippings by the Spurs and Mavs, the Warriors shot 38 percent from the field, totaled more turnovers (28) than assists (22) and had their clank-fest spread to nearly every player.

Streaky Stephen Jackson, who has always seemed to hit in the biggest moments, is in a 3-for-23 slump. Al Harrington is 5 for his last 19. Monta Ellis went 5-for-16 against the Spurs. Matt Barnes and C.J. Watson were a combined 1-for-11 against the Mavs.

"I think a lot of us are trying to will shots in," Harrington admitted. "Stand by a little bit longer, try to put it in with our minds."

Unfortunately for the Warriors, positive thinking hasn't made much difference as their offense continues to stagnate.

A Golden State possession seems to go one of two ways these days: Get the ball up the court and take a long jumper. Or get the ball into the mid-post, dribble, dribble, dribble and throw up a contested fadeaway shot.

That it's all happening with too much one-on-one play and too little ball movement is what has Davis most concerned. After averaging 22 assists per game as a team this season, the Warriors have seen that halved in the last two games, with Davis recording just three in that span.

"That's what's really killing us," he said. "We just have to do a better job of getting back to everybody sharing the ball and making plays for each other. We got to play a bit more unselfishly and collectively use our talent. We got a lot of good individual players; we just need to do a better job of moving the ball."

Harrington agrees.

"I think a couple of us are trying to get our rhythm, stuff like that, and we have to realize for the betterment of the team, that we're at our best when the ball moves," he said. "If the ball moves, maybe we start getting easy shots and we'll be alright."

It's a task made harder with defenses keying in on Davis, Jackson and Ellis and trying to prevent the Warriors from going inside. The usual pick-and-rolls with Andris Biedrins have been scouted out, as have Ellis' drives to the basket and Jackson's quick jumpers.

Jackson's off-nights - both offensively and defensively - have been particularly glaring, if mainly because he's been the Warriors' glue for so much of the season. But like Davis and Ellis, the swingman won't use fatigue as an excuse.

"If I play better, we win. That's my assumption. It ain't got nothing to do with assists or anything like that," Jackson said. "It's going to be hard for us to win when I'm playing like trash, so I got to play better.

"I hate that it came to the end of the season when I started shooting it bad, but what can I do? Keep playing. My effort's there. I just got to knock some shots down."

"If you dare us to shoot, we're a confident group, so we're going to shoot," Harrington added. "But we have to realize that if we miss two or three in a row, next time, let's move and get a better shot. We just have to find that balance."

Otherwise, the Warriors' offense will remain highlighted by Biedrins' suddenly spot-on free-throw shooting.

Briefly: Jackson received the NBA's Community Assist award for March after a busy month that included speaking at a local anti-violence rally, teaming with John Legend to raise more than $65,000 to fight poverty and the launch of his own "Jack 1" Foundation.

[h3]A Texas tumble[/h3]
Comparing statistics for the Warriors and their opponents in the last two games - San Antonio and Dallas - against season statistics.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Warriors[/td] [td]Opponents[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Last 2[/td] [td]Season[/td] [td]Last 2[/td] [td]Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Points[/td] [td]89.0[/td] [td]110.5[/td] [td]113.5[/td] [td]108.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%[/td] [td].379[/td] [td].459[/td] [td].514[/td] [td].465[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3-Pt%[/td] [td].333[/td] [td].351[/td] [td].353[/td] [td].367[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds[/td] [td]37.5[/td] [td]42.7[/td] [td]47.0[/td] [td]47.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assists[/td] [td]11.0[/td] [td]22.2[/td] [td]30.0[/td] [td]23.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Turnovers[/td] [td]14.0[/td] [td]12.9[/td] [td]16.0[/td] [td]16.3[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h3]Not so hot[/h3]
Comparing shooting statistics for the entire season against the past two games:
[table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Last 2[/td] [td]Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Baron Davis[/td] [td].441[/td] [td].432[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Stephen Jackson[/td] [td].130[/td] [td].407[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Monta Ellis[/td] [td].486[/td] [td].529[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Al Harrington[/td] [td].263[/td] [td].434[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Andris Biedrins[/td] [td].375[/td] [td].622[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kellenna Azuibuike[/td] [td].571[/td] [td].453[/td] [/tr][/table]

E-mail Janny Hu at [email protected].

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/04/04/SPTPVVFMF.DTL

This article appeared on page D - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle

"I think a lot of us are trying to will shots in," Harrington admitted. "Stand bya little bit longer, try to put it in with our minds."
sick.gif

"I think a couple of us are trying to get our rhythm, stuff likethat, and we have to realize for the betterment of the team, that we're at our best when the ball moves," he (Harrington) said. "If the ballmoves, maybe we start getting easy shots and we'll be alright."
sick.gif

"If you dare us to shoot, we're a confident group, sowe're going to shoot," Harrington added. "But we have to realize that if we miss two or three in a row, next time, let's move and get abetter shot. We just have to find that balance."
sick.gif

FG%
[table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Last 2 Games
[/td] [td]Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Baron Davis
pimp.gif
[/td] [td].441[/td] [td].432[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Stephen Jackson
mad.gif
[/td] [td].130[/td] [td].407[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Monta Ellis
ohwell.gif
[/td] [td].486[/td] [td].529[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Al Harrington
mad.gif
[/td] [td].263[/td] [td].434[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Andris Biedrins
sick.gif
[/td] [td].375[/td] [td].622[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kellenna Azuibuike
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
[/td] [td].571[/td] [td].453
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I thought I found the item I was looking for all season. I saw the warriors practice jersey at a store at eastridge and asked them if they had the shorts....no
frown.gif
. The search continues...

"I think a couple of us are I'm trying to get my our rhythm, stuff like that, and we I have to realize for the betterment of the team, that we're at our best when the ball moves," he (Harrington) said. "If the ball moves, maybe we start getting easy shots and we'll be alright."
fixed for our second best player
tired.gif

To Al's credit at least he gives it his all out there trying to get a basket. Obviously he isn't a great player around the basket, but it shows thathe is trying. Jackson on the other hand....

True....I think he needs to let the game come to him though. And Jackson is definitely more to blame than Al regarding taking bad shots, but because of what hedoes with those shots sometimes, I think we've all learned to tolerate it, although it can be maddening at times seeing him kill ball movement when we needa bucket.

Originally Posted by daprescription

To Al's credit at least he gives it his all out there trying to get a basket. Obviously he isn't a great player around the basket, but it shows that he is trying. Jackson on the other hand....

you mean when he shoots it? 'cause after that he just stares at the ball and hardly hustles back on D

jackson has been playing like garbage too-- all that 1-1 type bull trying to make all these fall-away shots.

nah not the 3's. im talking about when he actually takes it to the basket. jacksons 3's are bad, but its on a whole other level when he tries to takesomeone one on one. his crossover is soooooooo predictable and he often gets stripped and complains to the refs
smh.gif

yeah, every time jackson has the ball for more than 4-5secs...i try to look away. his 1on1 is crap, he'll then complain/cry to the refs instead of gettingback.

Love to hate him
grin.gif

Seems like it's been forever since we've won a game, thank goodness we were able to win against Memphis.
Hopefully it'll boost our self confidence and bring it into New Orleans when we play on sunday.

To Offbad:
laugh.gif
Monta shooting at .481 (48.1%) is a "
ohwell.gif
" , I guess we're just use to seeinghim shoot at 60% in a month eh?

This game was a lot easier to watch
eyes.gif

- Marco Belinelli : Nice to see him use his minutes productively
- Brandan Wright : Impressive as always
- CJ. Watson : Nice job with the minutes he had tonight
- Kelenna Azubuike : Great job; monster rebounding and great offensive game

Hopefully Brandan Wright can start next game and match up against Tyson Chandler.

Marco Belinelli's English is easier to understand than Monta's
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom