Official Warriors Season Thread

gotta love the former Warrior who came back to play tonight...one of the GOAT to ever suit of for the UMD Terps (along with Len Bias, sorry Steve Franchise).

Joe-Smith_65688.jpg
1615688.jpg

dang. i'm about to file a missing person's report for baron davis. i understood the charlotte game when everyone else got it going, but tonight wassomething else. it wasn't just that he didn't put up the points he used to, but he doesn't even seem to be trying. i see barely any energy fromdavis and i'm wondering if the all star snub got to him. he doesn't push the ball up like he used to, attack the rim, or create plays. he jacked up alot of unnecessary shots and it reminded me of the montgomery days with davis.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

dang. i'm about to file a missing person's report for baron davis. i understood the charlotte game when everyone else got it going, but tonight was something else. it wasn't just that he didn't put up the points he used to, but he doesn't even seem to be trying. i see barely any energy from davis and i'm wondering if the all star snub got to him. he doesn't push the ball up like he used to, attack the rim, or create plays. he jacked up a lot of unnecessary shots and it reminded me of the montgomery days with davis.

My dude, you and me must have the same brain........(pause) cause i was thinking the exact same thing.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by gusyouout

dang. i'm about to file a missing person's report for baron davis. i understood the charlotte game when everyone else got it going, but tonight was something else. it wasn't just that he didn't put up the points he used to, but he doesn't even seem to be trying. i see barely any energy from davis and i'm wondering if the all star snub got to him. he doesn't push the ball up like he used to, attack the rim, or create plays. he jacked up a lot of unnecessary shots and it reminded me of the montgomery days with davis.

My dude, you and me must have the same brain........(pause) cause i was thinking the exact same thing.

it's the headband.

tough loss for the Warriors. I hope Nelly doesn't start Webber again, not until he gets in shape at least.

btw does anyone know if you get a discount at the team store if you got season tickets? if you do get a discount is it applicable for tickets that wereemailed?

Why in god's name did we draft Kosta Perovic over Leon Powe?

I know we still had Ike Diogu at the time but this is a serious travesty.

^ You can say that about a lot of teams. Why did so many teams pass up on Carlos Boozer? Why did so many teams pass up on Josh Howard? Fact is that we needed acenter and Powe at 6'8" isn't exactly the center we were looking for. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Powe right about now, but I canalso say that I understood the reasoning behind drafting Perovic over Powe. I just hope that the little bright spot we saw from Kosta vs the Bucks wasn't afluke and that the guy can get another opportunity to showcase his potential.

the way nelly plays his guys, kosta will never see the light of the day.

i'm still steaming over the fact matt barnes and pietrus were in the final minutes against the bulls over AL HARRINGTON WHO HAD A SOLID GAME.

Warriors should shoot for Artest

By Marcus Thompson II
Bay Area News Group

Article Launched: 02/09/2008 01:38:21 AM PST

The Warriors get no respect.

Baron Davis is the NBA's least-heralded bona fide star. Stephen Jackson is the face of everything that's wrong with the league despite being a rather nice guy and a great teammate - and a really good player, it turns out. Coach Don Nelson is regarded as a gimmicky mad scientist though he's one of the game's greatest minds. The most recent addition, forward Chris Webber, is hardly as revered as you would expect from one of the most influential big men of the modern era, helping to change the game with his combination of size, skill and athleticism.

So, because the Warriors are filling the Rodney Dangerfield role, why not go all out and trade for Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest?

He appears to be available. Here's what Artest told the Sacramento Bee at Monday's practice: "I just think (the Kings) would be better if I wasn't on the team. I think (Kings Coach Reggie Theus) would be doing much better."

Very few Warriors don't have a chip on their shoulder, what with all the players playing for extensions, trying to stay out of the D-League and trying to prove they deserve more playing time. Artest could hit the ground running with the Warriors and their us-against-the-world attitude.

More importantly, Artest fits on the court. Imagine a lineup of Davis and Monta Ellis at guard, Artest and Jackson at forward and Webber at center. The Warriors bench would be much deeper and more experienced, featuring forwards Al Harrington and Matt Barnes, guards Kelenna Azubuike and Mickael Pietrus and center Andris Biedrins.

They would be a better defensive team, more dangerous on offense and even more fiery. And they would keep Artest out of Denver's hands. According to a person familiar with the situation, the Nuggets - a serious threat to the Warriors' playoff chances - are the front-runners in the Artest sweepstakes.

The Warriors could add Artest even without having to pay the luxury tax. He's making $7.4 million this season (and next season). They could swap him for Pietrus and center Patrick O'Bryant - $5.7 million worth of expiring contracts - and still avoid the dollar-for-dollar luxury tax penalty.

Obviously, the NorCal rival Kings don't want to help the Warriors. So it may cost the Warriors a first-round pick or two to make it an offer Sacramento can't refuse. But with rookies Brandan Wright, Marco Belinelli, Kosta Perovic and C.J. Watson on the bench - not to mention Azubuike, in his second-year - the Warriors need a draft pick like Oprah Winfrey needs spare change.

Plus, Artest has an early-termination option, which he probably will exercise to become a free agent. So, acquiring him wouldn't dip into the future funds. Even if he didn't opt out, that's a cheap price for a pretty dominant player.

The reality is that this band of perceived knuckleheads needs major help to stay afloat in the treacherous Western Conference waters. Warriors management is looking to seize the moment this season - signing Webber, not extending Davis, Biedrins and Pietrus, giving Barnes a one-year deal, declining to retain the rights of O'Bryant - before making major changes for the future.

It's not like the Warriors' reputation is on the line. They can't lose respect they don't have.

MP/POB for Artest would be cool, but maybe only under the condition Artest wouldn't just bolt to NY...hopefully

I wouldnt mind the trade, especially if Artest has his head on straight and comes in ready to contribute...

Imagine Artest and SJax back on the same squad (only would the Warriors make that happen).

I want to get rid of Mickael Pietrus and I'd like Artest on the Warriors. Hate to see POB possibly leave, but the good will outweigh the bad.

Do it Chris!

Nelson limiting Webber to center

By Geoff Lepper
Bay Area News Group

Article Launched: 02/10/2008 01:47:01 AM PST

Nelson limiting

Webber to center

Just as it took Don Nelson only one game to abandon his plan of starting Mike Dunleavy at power forward last season, the Warriors coach quickly changed his mind regarding Chris Webber at the same position.

As Webber grew acclimated to his new teammates last week, Nelson said he planned to split Webber's time between power forward and center, which would allow him to use either forwards Matt Barnes or Al Harrington or center Andris Biedrins as his other big man, depending on the matchups.

But after watching Webber provide four points and one rebound in 13 somewhat shaky minutes in his debut Thursday, Nelson announced Saturday that Webber should be thought of as a center, meaning he will split time with Biedrins. Harrington and Barnes will divide the power forward position.

"Everything works better for me, at least in my mind, if I kind of make (Webber) a (center) as opposed to a (power forward)," Nelson said. "That's an idea. I'm going to look at that and hope that's what's going to work best for us."

Harrington expects his coach to continue tweaking his lineup, but he welcomes the idea of set roles.

"At some point, we have to start locking down our rotation and knowing who's going to play and when they're going to play," Harrington said. "I think that's what helped us last year. In our playoff run, we knew exactly who was playing, when they were playing. Over these last 32 games, we're going to have to start getting some consistency in our rotation so guys can start becoming comfortable with their roles."

Nelson also said he expects to start squeezing out his rookies and second-year players from his rotation as the season enters its final stage. That's one reason fifth-year forward Mickael Pietrus has been more of a factor lately and second-year swingman Kelenna Azubuike has been playing less.

"If I'm going to be a playoff team, my veterans are going to have to do it. If they don't do it, we ain't going to make it," Nelson said. "I don't have any rookies or second-year guys down there that are all of a sudden going to make me a playoff team. Azubuike has played wonderfully well this year, but yet, I think that Pietrus is more of a veteran and been around and deserves a chance to help us in the next 33 games."

Nelson denied that Pietrus' resurgence has anything to do with the approaching Feb. 21 deadline. The Warriors have until then if they wish to trade him before he becomes an unrestricted free agent at season's end.

Pietrus is taking a wait-and-see approach.

"I'll see what's going to happen," Pietrus said. "If I'm gone, I'll wish the Warriors the best, and if I'm here, we're going to be the best."

[table][tr][td] http://
track
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

"I'll see what's going to happen," Pietrus said. "If I'm gone, I'll wish the Warriors the best, and if I'm here, we're going to be the best."
perfect words.

let's get artest or miller.

I wouldn't mind either. They both would bring something to the Warriors that we lack. A consistent outside shooter or a lock down defender.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
left_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
PHO.gif
[/td] [td] Shaquille O'Neal - C[/td] [td]Feb. 9 - 11:35 am et[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
right_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td] Shaquille O'Neal is expected back in Phoenix and available to practice on Sunday. That gives him Sunday's shoot-around and two full practices before Wednesday's trip to Golden State, the first possible game in which he could play.

Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said that Shaq playing on Wednesday is a "maybe", while Thursday's game is more probable. At the very least, he'll be available for a February 20th matchup with the Lakers.
Source: East Valley Tribune [/td] [/tr][/table]

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NBA&majteam=PHO

Keep it as a "maybe" D'Antoni. I don't want to see Shaq when we play Phoenix. Shaq's first game back should be against the Lakers insteadof us.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was thinking about that too. I was thinking that he'd (Shaq) would change the way the Suns offense is ran and they'd be less effective, but thenagain, I thought about the rebounding he'd bring.

Back
Top Bottom