eyes.gif

increase his trade value!

im just thinking like Nelson. If I was coach, I would start:

Baron

Ellis

Jackson

Pietrus

Barnes

did you guys see that the court side tickets for the Celtics - Warriors game were at 10,000 on Stubhub. THAT'S $*%#%$* INSANE!!

I got great price for two tickets. 8th row, lower section. Can't wait.

They said Shaq won't pay against the Warriors. He might play on Thursday and then the Suns have the next 5 days off.

^^word suns are probably waiting til their home game for Shaq's debut. they're not gonna waste that event on a road game.

and armanzaballa how much did you get your tickets for? i've been looking for a week now and i guess all the good tickets are gone. now i'm justlooking for lakers tickets

So the way Baron has been playing lately has been really frustrating to watch...

- the dumb fouls that just take away his agressiveness, the horrible shot selection, and the laziness on D. I know I may be reaching a bit but we all knowhe's better than that and for the Warriors to make the playoffs we need BD on his A game.

- and on another note Monta has been playing at an All Star level the past few months, dude improves every game...

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

^^word suns are probably waiting til their home game for Shaq's debut. they're not gonna waste that event on a road game.

and armanzaballa how much did you get your tickets for? i've been looking for a week now and i guess all the good tickets are gone. now i'm just looking for lakers tickets

my uncle got it off Craigslist for $195 each. The tickets on Stubhub for the seats we're seating in were $350+

Good luck finding tickets bro.

Originally Posted by daprescription

and some of you were saying that being snubbed was a good thing
laugh.gif
smh.gif

good for his physical health. as for his mental health--well, we can all see how he's been performing as of late.
the P-O'Bust + MP for Artestsounds good. The Ws would be so loaded.. is this where Artest would fit?

Baron
Monta
Jackson
Artest
Webber

according to Nelson, Webber "must start". this leaves us a second unit that's pretty loaded with Harrington, Barnes, Biedrins, Azubuike.
butttt... adding Artest is just another expiring contract that we probably will not be able to keep...

adding Artest is just another expiring contract that we probably will not be able to keep...
it's a win/win then if we only have to part with POB and pietrus. we either gain a really talented player or get more cap space.

If Mullin pulls off Pietrus and POB for Artest, that would be a absolutely STEAL. POB is CRAP!

I thought we would have to give up Harrington to get Artest, thought he made more money.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

If Mullin pulls off Pietrus and POB for Artest, that would be a absolutely STEAL. POB is CRAP!

I thought we would have to give up Harrington to get Artest, thought he made more money.
O'Bryant isn't crap. He's an alright big with potential. We saw his length and how he bothers/blocks shots, we saw his shooting ability,and we saw his sky hook. Dude's got some talent.

But yes, O'Bryant + Pietrus for Artest is a steal. Hopefully we get it done.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

O'Bryant isn't crap. He's an alright big with potential. We saw his length and how he bothers/blocks shots, we saw his shooting ability, and we saw his sky hook. Dude's got some talent.

But yes, O'Bryant + Pietrus for Artest is a steal. Hopefully we get it done.

i agree o'bust isn't crap... he, just like the other warriors bigs just ride pine and never have a chance to play.

Wow, if the Kings and Warriors do make a trade that would be really odd. Trading within the division. But hey, I wouldn't mind walking around theSacramento area and seeing MP chillin with Mike Bibby. I swear I always am in the same area with that guy.

[h1]Al Harrington nice trade option for Bulls[/h1] Sam Smith | On Pro Basketball February 11, 2008 I was with the Bulls on part of their Western Conference trip, and I'm not despairing anymore. There's hope, and where there's hope, there are opportunities for trades. With 11 days to the trading deadline, I've got to get busy.

It's most likely the Bulls will make moves after the season, when they know who their coach will be and whether they'll have another lottery draft pick. But there's a frenzy of talk going on in the NBA now in the wake of the monster trades of Shaquille O'Neal and Pau Gasol. In talking to general managers, I'm hearing teams calling one another multiple times daily and comparing rosters.

There are loads of big names out there who could move, such as Jason Kidd, Jermaine O'Neal, Ben Wallace, Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, Ron Artest, Mike Bibby, Larry Hughes, Ricky Davis, Charlie Villanueva, Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick, Andre Miller, T.J. Ford, Earl Watson, Luke Ridnour, Wally Szczerbiak, Andrei Kirilenko, Raef Lafrentz, Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, Vince Carter, Travis Outlaw, Eduardo Najera, J.R. Smith, Sam Cassell, Corey Maggette, Lamar Odom, Jerry Stackhouse and Jason Terry.

One player who hasn't been mentioned much is Golden State's Al Harrington, once a peach in the Bulls' eyes. The Bulls thought they had a deal with the Pacers for Harrington in 2004. Indiana supposedly wanted a lottery pick, so the Bulls paid $3 million - rare these days and a sign they do spend - for the Suns' pick at No. 7. When the Bulls went back to the Pacers, Indiana apparently changed its mind and asked for the No. 3 pick, which the Bulls used for Ben Gordon.

At No. 7, the Bulls selected Luol Deng, who'd look awfully good now in Indiana or Phoenix. The Pacers eventually dealt Harrington in the trade for Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy, while the Suns got the Bulls' pick the next year, which was No. 21.

I was with the Bulls in Golden State last week when Chris Webber made his debut. Lost in that was coach Don Nelson's decision to move Harrington to the bench, though he was starting again Saturday.

In talking about adding Webber, Nelson said it enabled him to "bring Harrington off the bench, something I wanted to do all year."

It's been no secret in the Bay Area that Nelson isn't enamored of Harrington and has positioned Harrington as strictly a three-point shooter, rarely giving him post-up opportunities. The Bulls envisioned Harrington posting up and shooting with his versatility, and he's the guy I'd target.

So what makes sense for Golden State? I think the Bulls could have a nice package. And it probably didn't hurt that Chris Duhon had 34 against them. Audition?

The Warriors, fighting just to make the playoffs in the West despite being 10 games over .500, badly need a backup point guard to spell Baron Davis, who rarely can get off the floor because of the lack of a suitable reserve. It's also growing clear that Gordon's role with the Bulls is declining, though I wouldn't trade him within the Eastern Conference. He's a unique scorer and can torch you for 30 every time you see him.

In the Warriors' open style in which defense is optional, Gordon could be an explosive weapon and also play some point guard with Monta Ellis, who handles the ball. Duhon and Gordon would match Harrington, but you figure Golden State would need some size back. I'd offer Tyrus Thomas if they wanted him or Joe Smith.

In return, the Bulls could get Mickael Pietrus, who is in the final year of his contract and has trouble finding a role with the Warriors. I thought it was interesting that Pietrus played more against the Bulls than he normally does.

The deal would provide the Warriors another exciting scorer, a point guard and frontcourt depth. And the Bulls would get a legitimate post-up player who can spread the court at power forward and a chance to look at an athletic big guard for the rest of the season.

hmmm.. i don't know about this. i would love to trade away harrington, but only for someone who plays the same position since the Ws are loaded atguard/combo. tyrus thomas for Harrington + Pietrus would be grand, but i doubt the bulls are willing to trade him away..

Originally Posted by offbad

hmmm.. i don't know about this. i would love to trade away harrington, but only for someone who plays the same position since the Ws are loaded at guard/combo. tyrus thomas for Harrington + Pietrus would be grand, but i doubt the bulls are willing to trade him away..

in an article i read couple weeks back, the bulls aren't very high on him. He's still very raw, but they don't think they can get any value forhim.

Back
Top Bottom