OFFICIAL Washington Huskies Thread

That measurement was awful lmao after the play when the QB flipped the ball to the ref he was like 3 yards short. Terrible decision by Price at the end, Sankey was wide wide open all we needed was like 20 yards and we would've been good.

Last edited:
I've been terrible following the team so far. They've played 10+ games. I may have seen two so far

:nerd: Anybody watching

Half the team is going to foul out in the first half

Pretty ugly half by both teams. Hard to watch :lol:

Last edited:
Washington squeaked one out last night against the Cougs. Switched to the game earlier in anger from the Vikings game and it looked like UW was gonna roll. Not so...

Anyone hear about this Aaron Gordon kid that the Huskies are recruiting. I guess UW is in the running because his Dad is very good friends with Romar. Heard Kentucky is another choice, which makes me nervous. Anyway, here's his mixed tape my friend just showed me...

Yeah I kinda lost any small hope of Gordon since the season started 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

My guess he ends up at Zona

:lol: We can hope, I guess. I don't follow recruiting too much, but once my friend said Kentucy was after him along with Arizona I was thinking, "don't even show me this video. It's false hope."

Last edited:
laugh.gif
We can hope, I guess. I don't follow recruiting too much, but once my friend said Kentucy was after him along with Arizona I was thinking, "don't even show me this video. It's false hope."
Yeah you never know
laugh.gif

Kentucky will have a huge class next year and I'm not sure how much time AG is willing to split at his position (which will include the best prospect in the country) If some kids backdoor Kentucky and go elsewhere, I can see Cal doing his work and getting him.

Even if ppl consider Udub and Zona his top two it doesnt feel like it
mean.gif
This team NEEDS to pick it up quickly to grab this kid, an ugly win @ Wazzu is a start I guess

[h1]Huskies might not be who we thought they were[/h1]
Washington's men's basketball team is playing well, doing things it wasn't thought capable of — winning on the road, playing good defense against opposing guards, making free throws and developing a low-post scorer.

By Percy Allen

Seattle Times staff reporter

Saturday
UW @ Stanford, 8 p.m, ROOT

STANFORD, Calif. — With each victory during their recent turnaround, the Washington Huskies are breaking myths about who they are and what they can be.

The knock on them used to be they couldn't win games on the road.

They couldn't defend opposing guards.

They couldn't make free throws or develop a big man.

And they couldn't win games when their offense faltered.

Turns out, the book on Washington needs to be rewritten and the scouting reports were way off base.

In the past 10 games, the Huskies have won eight games while laying to rest misconceptions about a team that started the season with a 3-4 record.

Saturday's 8 p.m. contest at Stanford (10-6, 1-2 Pac-12) marks the midpoint of the regular season for Washington (10-5, 2-0).

FICTION: On the road, Washington struggles.

FACT: Historically the Huskies have played poorly in early games away from home. This season is an exception.

The Huskies are 4-2 in games away from Alaska Airlines Arena. Their most impressive wins this season are last Saturday's 68-63 victory at Washington State and Thursday's 62-47 win at California.

In fact, Washington's worst games have been against lesser opponents at home, where UW has traditionally dominated.

FICTION: Washington guards can't defend without fouling.

FACT: California guard Allen Crabbe scored nine points against UW, which snapped his streak of 20 double-digit scoring games. The Huskies held the Pac-12 scoring leader 12 points shy of his average.

"We learned it's not one guy who can stop anyone," said senior co-captain Scott Suggs, who defended Crabbe for most of the game. "You do it as a team."

FICTION: Washington's poor free-throw shooting is a liability that will lead to losses.

FACT: The Huskies are shooting 70 percent at the line. Six players with at least 18 attempts are shooting better than 72 percent. C.J. Wilcox and Scott Suggs are shooting better than 82 percent.

Take away Aziz N'Diaye, who is 31 of 70, and UW is 76.8 percent on free throws.

In the past two games, the Huskies secured victories with last-minute free throws.

FICTION: The absence of a post presence will hinder Washington's offense.

FACT: After Wilcox, N'Diaye is UW's most consistent offensive threat. The 7-foot center has scored in double figures in 12 games, which is second on the team. He leads the Pac-12 with a 63.6 shooting percentage.

"When he's set and in position, I think our guys are more comfortable throwing him the basketball," coach Lorenzo Romar said. "They feel he'll catch it and then do something positive with it."

On Wednesday, California used two defenders against N'Diaye, who averages 11.1 points. It's the first time during his three years at Washington that an opponent routinely double-teamed N'Diaye.

"It just makes everyone else a better offensive player because now you have to guard Aziz," Romar said.

Romar has seen a progression in the past few weeks that began days before the Dec. 29 game at Connecticut.

"In the preseason, we weren't playing as good as we are now," he said. "We weren't playing as good of defense, as tenacious of defense, (and) we didn't get it offensively.

"Our offense sometimes affected our defense because we're thinking a lot offensively and just never got kind of in a rhythm."

Romar also attributes much of the early-season struggles to injuries that forced Suggs (sprained foot) to miss three games, Andrew Andrews (knee) to sit out three and Shawn Kemp Jr. (knee) to miss seven games.

"When you have some of your guns in there, and healthier guys, you can find a way to will your way to a couple of those wins and we weren't able to do that," he said. "It helps that we have everybody back."
http://seattletimes.com/html/huskybasketball/2020114716_huskymen12.html?syndication=rss

Not against the most stellar comp but hey it is what it is. I'll appreciate it for now while I can

Last edited:
"We learned it's not one guy who can stop anyone," said senior co-captain Scott Suggs, who defended Crabbe for most of the game. "You do it as a team."

Suggs :pimp:

I feel like they probably win one or two more games if they had him on the squad last year. Does the dirty work, plays defense, and hits 3's (unlike Gant).

Last edited:
win or lose this team is damn consistent in the ugly department

Did not expect them to start off this well so far, hope they can keep going

Worst last few possessions I've ever seen. Worst isn't even the right word. That was just pathetic. **** this team.

helped me cover the spread though...

what killed the huskies was the big man missing 4 or 5 straight free throws.....

I've been meaning to follow this team. My cousin coached CJ Wilcox in High school. I haven't paid much attention, but I hear he is playing well

[h2]A look at UW’s Class of 2013[/h2]
Posted by Bob Condotta

Here is a quick look at each player UW signed today, and in most cases with a quote from UW coach Steve Sarkisian (on a few, he talked in general about the position so I didn’t get a specific quote for a couple of guys:

David Ajamu, TE

6-5, 245, Shelton

Shelton HS

Named to the Seattle Times All-State team and also played defensive line for a Shelton team that went 7-3. … Had been committed to Oregon State before changing course in the fall and deciding on UW. … Said Sarkisian: “He’s a big, physical tight end, a position for us that we are going to have to develop over the next couple of years. We love his length, he’s an extremely competitive young man. He’s physical.’’

Andrew Basham, DT

6-4, 305, Bothell

Lynnwood HS

A Seattle Times “white chip’’ pick and listed as the No. 4 prospect in the state by Scout.com. … Also had offers from Arizona State and Oregon State . … Said Sarkisian: “You watch his films, there are times he is playing middle linebacker, he is that good of an athlete. He has a nasty streak to him. It was great for us to get a local kid with these talents here. Looking forward to him joining us.”

Keishawn Bierria, LB

6-1, 210, Carson, Calif.

Narbonne HS

One of the latest additions to the class, committing on Wednesday after visiting UW last weekend. Had been seriously considering Oregon State. … Said Sarkisian: “Keishawn Bierria is a kid who we really feel like is going to be beneficial to us because of his athleticism. He played really in the same position as (current UW safety) Sean Parker at Narbonne, which is a down outside linebacker/safety spot. He’s a much bigger individual than Sean at 6-1, 2210 today so I think he will be in that role in having a huge role in our nickel packages where he can do both — play linebacker yet still have the ability to cover.’’

Lavon Coleman, RB

6-0, 210, Lompoc, Calif.

Lompoc HS

Also seriously considered Fresno State and had interest from UCLA but ultimately held firm to an early commitment to UW. … Battled injuries as a senior but rushed for 887 yards and nine TDs on 128 carries. … Sarkisian said real  weight closer to 220. … Said Sarkisian: “Exactly what we were looking for in this class to get a bigger, physical back to compliment some of the other backs we have in our program. It’s cool to address that need.”

Sean Constantine, LB

6-2, 230, Hunts Point

Bellevue HS

One of the first commits in the class, giving the word last April. A Seattle Times All-State pick after helping lead Bellevue to four straight state titles. … Listed as the No. 31 middle linebacker in the country by Scout.com. Said Sarkisian: “Sean Constantine is your traditional middle linebacker, which is something we need on our roster. We didn’t really have a young,  traditional middle linebacker type player. Tough-minded, obviously a winning program in Bellevue.’’

Dane Crane, C

6-3, 308, Irvine, Calif.

Santa Margarita Catholic HS

Another who committed early, doing so last April. Ranked the No. 3 center in the country by Scout.com playing for a California high school power. … Said Sarkisian: ““We really wanted to try to find a center for our future. Dane Crane is a young man who we identified as a real potential All-Conference, All-American type center. He is a guy who’s got football in his blood. … Great leader. He was one of the leaders of this class in terms of guys that guys related to and wanted to be around and that’s what a center is supposed to be.’’

Darrell Daniels, WR

6-4, 220, Pittsburg, Calif.

Freedom HS

Generally considered among the top 20 receiving prospects in the country, catching 54 passes for 947 yards and 20 touchdowns as a senior. Also had 28 tackles and two interceptions on defense. … Played in the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl last month. …Said Sarkisian: “Darrell Daniels, 6-4, 220-pound kid who ran in the high 10.6’s and low 10.7’s last year in the 100 meters. I expect him to run real fast again this year. He can really go. I’m excited about what he brings.”

Patrick Enewally, DB

6-1, 190, Norwalk, Calif.

Gahr HS

One of two players in this class who had not committed prior to signing day. Also considered Cal, Boise State and UCLA before signing with UW. … Rated the No. 50 cornerback in the country by Scout.com. … Says ESPN scouting report of Enewally: “Enewally is a physical presences in the secondary showing production on the other side of the ball at receiver to get vertical downfield. Is tall with a muscular build that is capable of supporting extra bulk over time.’’

Marcus Farria, DE

6-5, 225, Peoria, Az.

Centennial HS

Also  had offers from the likes of Arizona, Arizona State and Arkansas before committing to UW last July. … Scouts consider him raw but with a big upside andn he was rated the No. 10 defensive end by MaxPreps.com. Said Sarkisian: “Marcus Farria is a kid from Arizona, originally from Louisiana, got caught when Katrina hit, moved to Arizona with his mother. I’m excited to watch him rush the passer. He brings some things we might not have in our program right now.’’

Jermaine Kelly, CB

6-2 185, Los Angeles

Bishop Mora Salesian HS

Originally committed to UCLA before switching gears and committing to UW last month. Reportedly was subject of big last-minute push by USC but decided to stay with Huskies. … Also a receiver and kick returner for Salesian. … Says ESPN Scouting Report of Kelly: “Kelly is an effective two way player showing production as both a receiver and defensive back. … Kelly will need some time and perhaps a red shirt year prior to competing for starting time at the BCS level of play.’’

Kevin King, CB

6-2, 170, San Leandro

Bishop O Dowd HS

Also considered Arizona State and Cal, among others, before committing to UW in August. … Named Defensive MVP at the Oakland Nike Training Camp last summer. … Says ESPN Scouting Report of King: “King is a potential sleeper on the recruiting trail who should continue to see his recruiting stock rise. He is tall, a bit lean and lanky butwe like his upside once he grows into his body.’’

Andrew Kirkland, OL

6-5, 300, Portland

Jesuit HS

Only signee from the state of Oregon, projects as a tackle for the Huskies. … Helped lead Jesuit to a 12-3 record as a senior and 9-4 as a junior. … Rated No. 7 prospect in state of Oregon by Rivals.com. … Said Sarkisian: “(He) came to camp with us this summer and went against some of the best pass rushers on the West Coast and continued to dominate in training camp and earned it. He had a lot of people chasing him down the last couple of weeks. He held them off to stay on board with us which is really exciting.”

Joe Mathis, DE

6-4, 250, Ontario, Calif.

Upland HS

Only member of class to play  in the U.S. Army All-American Game, committing to UW during that contest on national television. … Originally committed to UW during junior year of high school, then re-considered options before coming back to Huskies. … Said Sarkisian: “Relentless is the best word I can describe him as, very good pass rusher. I think in the US Army All American game, had a sack and a half against some of the best players in the country. Again, a natural born leader is something we like out of him.”

Connor O’Brien, LB

6-3, 230, Trabuco Canyon, Calif.

Santa Margarita Catholic HS

Committed to UW last April and held firm despite offers from the likes of Oregon and Arizona State. … Had 85 tackles and four interceptions as a senior and also played receiver. … Said Sarkisian: “Connor O’Brienn is a kid who was actually a safety/wide receiver coming out of Santa Margarita, but you see his size at 6-3, 230, we think his athleticism is going to really take off as an outside backer-type for us.’’

Elijah Qualls, DT

6-2, 285, Petaluma, Calif.

Casa Grande HS

Generally regarded as one of the best defensive tackle prospects on the West Coast. … Also a standout running back and had 708 yards on 106 carries with 10 touchdowns and could be used on that side of the ball in some situations at UW. … Said Sarkisian: “Very athletic young man so he is going to be an interior defensive lineman but when he gets those matchups on guard to rush the passer, a big key for us to develop that aspect of our game, he can do that.”

John Ross, WR

5-11, 180, Long Beach, Calif.

Jordan HS

Projects as an inside receiver for the Huskies. Also could be a returner and had six kick of punt returns for touchdowns as a junior. … Committed to UW during the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl last month. … Said Sarkisian: “(He’s) fast, will probably run in the 10.5’s (100-meters) this year down there. Very elusive. Excellent return man.”

Coleman Shelton, OL

6-5, 285, Los Angeles

Loyola HS

A late addition to the class, committing over the weekend during a recruiting trip to UW. Named the No. 19 center prospect in the nation by Rivals.com but likely to be a tackle for the Huskies. … Proverbial under-the-rader recruit but Sarkisian said he was impressed by senior film. .. Said Sarkisian: “He’s a fantastic player. Quite honestly he was under-recruited. We saw him  and earmarked him and we were hopeful we cojld get to the endn where we could  bnring him in late and sign him and we were able to do that. He’s a young guy with plenty of room to develop.’’

Demore’ea Stringfellow, WR

6-3, 215, Perris, Calif.

Rancho Verde HS

Also took official visits to USC and Nebraska but stayed firm on a commitment to UW made last summer. … Generally considered among the top 10 receivers in the country and was selected to play in the UnderArmour All-America Game in January. … Said Sarkisian: “(He has) a real high football IQ, 6-3, 215 pound wide out who if he walked into the room, he looks like an NFL wide out today. Just a physical statured kid, comes from a very good program at Rancho Verde. That group in itself has a chance to have an immediate impact for us.”

Cameron Van Winkle, PK

5-10, 160. Fall City

Mount Si HS

Set state records for career (39) and single-season (18) field goals made as a junior in 2011. … Hit 10 more as a senior in 2012 as the Wildcats went 11-2. … Should compete immediately for field goal/PAT and kickoff duties. … Will enroll in time for spring practice. … Said Sarkisian: “I think we were really able to address our kicking needs by getting a guy who has a big, powerful leg that can be utilized not only on field goals, but kickoff scenarios. ‘’

Azeem Victor, LB

6-4, 230, Pomona, Calif.

Pomona HS

Also played some defensive end and tight end in high school but will  be a linebacker for the Huskies. … Originally committed to San Diego State before committing instead to UW. … Said Sarkisian: “Another inside linebacker type at 6-4, 230. This guy, when it’s time for him to play, should be around 245-250 be that type of a figure, an imposing figure in the middle of our defense.’’

Trevor Walker, S

5-11, 180, Arlington,Texas

Mansfield Timberview

Signed scholarship papers and enrolled at UW in January and will take part in spring practice. … Originally committed to WSU before changing course and committing to UW. … Said Sarkisian of Walker and the defensive backs: “All long, very good cover guys, physical so that was key. We’ve had our issues here in the past on defending the spread offense and so what do we need to do, how are we going to be better at defending the spread? Guys that can win one on one matchups in pass rush when teams are only blocking with 5 linemen and getting 5 guys out in the routes.’’

Troy Williams, QB

6-2, 205, Los Angeles

Narbonne High

Committed last summer and like Walker is already enrolled at UW. … Was the 2012 CIF Los Angeles City Section Division I Player of the Year, among numerous honors. … threw for 39 touchdowns against just six interceptions as a senior. Said Sarkisian: “I can’t say enough about Troy, I’ve been recruiting him for 3 years. He is an extremely gifted young man. Quick release, strong arm, runs very very well. He is not a runner. He is a passer first for sure, but can run.’’
Pretty good class, Too bad they lost Hall and couldnt flip Falah though

Back
Top Bottom