Official ***WASHINGTON NATIONALS (44-77)*** Season Thread Vol. R.I.P.

capt.7b5ebb449f2d47bd9cb9a2a05404ce60.nationals_braves_baseball_gajb105.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Harris KILLED his former team this weekend: 7/12, HR, 7 RBI, 5 RUNS!

WILLIE HARRIS : AMERICAN GANGSTER.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Willie Harris got his revenge.
"I just feel fortunate to get some balls to fall for me," said Harris, who had seven hits, seven RBIs and scored five runs in the series. "I was looking forward to this series. I have a lot of friends over there. I really want to beat my old team."
Willie was playing with a vengeance vs the Braves, he always plays with intensity. He's being modest when he says he got some balls to fallfor him, he was hitting LINE DRIVE after LINE DRIVE! Willie's becoming one of my favorite players.

anyways, Tuesday is THE RETURN OF ZIM! He'll be back in the lineup and making
eek.gif
web gems at 3b. best young player in baseball and best defensive player in baseball, period.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]Nationals OF Harris earns weekly honors[/h1]NEW YORK (TICKER) -Washington Nationals outfielder Willie Harris was named the National League Player of the Week on Monday.

Harris hit .583 (7-for-12) with one home run and seven RBI during the short week.

The 30-year-old did all of his damage over three games against his former team, the Atlanta Braves. Harris homered and had a five RBI in Washington's 15-6 victory on Sunday.

It is the first career weekly award for Harris, who is batting .248 with six homers and 20 RBI on the season.

Other nominees included Braves first baseman Mark Teixeira, St. Louis Cardinals third baseman Troy Glaus and Milwaukee Brewers lefthander CC Sabathia.

i was wondering if they awarded POTW for the shortened week. WILLIE DEFINITELY DESERVED IT!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

time to payback the giants for that embarrassing 4 game sweep in Washington
embarassed.gif
mad.gif

ZIMMERMAN IS BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!! i'm ECSTATIC Zim is back!

LETS GO NATS!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
What is Jim Bowden doing? You trade one of the most sought after relievers on the market for a marginal second base prospect?
ohwell.gif
This team ain't goinanywhere with him at the reigns...

W
eek.gif
W

we had ZERO prospects at ss/2b, so this is a good trade. sad to see J.R. go, but i approve of this trade. the youngnucleus continues to expand. Bonafacio is a solid prospect with great speed and will become a legit lead-off hitter.

WE ALSO INKED GUZMAN TODAY
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

fat *$+ molina hits two homers
sick.gif
that's despicable. Bergmann shouldbe ashamed of himself. i hate the Molina brothers.
mad.gif

why couldn't we have traded for Burriss instead of Bonafacio?

o well, back to reality. the offensive surge over the weekend was fun. at least Willie Harris is still on fire.

sick.gif

0-6 vs the Giants, that's disgusting.

as you can tell by the sig and avy, i'm already focusing on Moss breaking his own single season touchdown record and getting his ring.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/07/nationals-relea.html[/h1]
[h1]Nationals Release Lo Duca, Lopez[/h1]
By Cork Gaines [July 31 at 10:25pm CST]

The Washington Post is reporting that the Nationals released both Paul Lo Duca and Felipe Lopez following tonight's game. The move was made to free-up space on the roster for Elijah Dukes and Emilio Bonifacio.

Lo Duca was hitting .230/.301/.281 in 139 at bats this season and made $5MM on a one-year deal. Lopez was hitting .231/.303/.309 in 324 at bats and was in his final arbitration-eligible season, making $4.9MM.

Rejoice, J RAIN.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/07/nationals-relea.html[/h1]
[h1]Nationals Release Lo Duca, Lopez[/h1]
By Cork Gaines [July 31 at 10:25pm CST]

The Washington Post is reporting that the Nationals released both Paul Lo Duca and Felipe Lopez following tonight's game. The move was made to free-up space on the roster for Elijah Dukes and Emilio Bonifacio.

Lo Duca was hitting .230/.301/.281 in 139 at bats this season and made $5MM on a one-year deal. Lopez was hitting .231/.303/.309 in 324 at bats and was in his final arbitration-eligible season, making $4.9MM.
Rejoice, J RAIN.

ya, all i i wanted was Dukes to be activated, releasing Lo Duca and Lopez is just icing on the cake!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i DESPISED Lo Duca and Lopez was just a lost cause cancer.

THE BEAST IS BACK!!!!! he was on a rampage before he got hurt, and i expect him to pick up where he left off. He'll finish the season with 20+ homers. allhe needs is 14 homers during August and September, definitely doable. despite missing more than 2 months, Dukes will still end up leading the team in homersand be prepared for a breakout season in '09!

i think we're gonna have an upbeat end to the season...time to play spoiler!

Back
Top Bottom