--Official Wearable Shoe Trees Thread--

Mods I'm not sure where exactly on the site to post this. Please Redirect if needed.
Alot of talk has been arising about the wearable shoe trees recently. Questions have arose and discussions so i decided to make a thread about them.  I purchased these last year and im very happy with my purchase. About to purchase a 2nd pair in a few 
pimp.gif
. Many dont know though that there are 2 different shoe trees.

1) The Protector 

"The "Protector" is our stiffer model. It is meant for collectors and sneaker enthusiasts that have quite a few pairs of sneakers or shoes sitting in their closet for special occasions. The Protector is designed more as a conventional Shoe Tree, but can still be worn. For valuable footwear, the Protector completely locks the condition of your kicks right where they are. If they are brand new, they stay completely crease free, but if they have a bit of wear, they will remain at their current condition and not get worse." 

and

2) The Universal aka Sneaker Shields

"Sneaker Shields are a soft everyday, every brand of Wearable Shoe Trees[emoji]8482[/emoji]. It will fit into almost any shoe or sneaker on the market without any issue. Sneaker Shields are designed more for comfort to coincide with everyday activity" both quoted from the site

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

This is where i made my mistake with these last year. My mistake was getting the protector. Its a stiffer model so i thought i would have more protection. It did but the trade off was discomfort and pain. I had a sharp cutting pain on my pinky and big toe which made me in turn take them out of my shoes in the middle of some stores lol. Eventually found info on what to do in this case. I trimmed the side and bottom a lil and it relieved majority of the pain.

One of them cracked down the center when trying to force it into a narrow toebox. had to tape it....but again i had the stiffer model so idk how it would work with the universal

it was too stiff and wide to fit into tight toeboxes like 12's for ex. I dont have universal's yet but i think i should have went with that from the jump. When i recieve my 2nd pair i will review them.

the site is 

http://www.wearableshoetrees.com/universal.html for universal

or

http://www.wearableshoetrees.com/protector.html for protector

hope this helps alot 
happy.gif

Mods I'm not sure where exactly on the site to post this. Please Redirect if needed.
Alot of talk has been arising about the wearable shoe trees recently. Questions have arose and discussions so i decided to make a thread about them.  I purchased these last year and im very happy with my purchase. About to purchase a 2nd pair in a few 
pimp.gif
. Many dont know though that there are 2 different shoe trees.

1) The Protector 

"The "Protector" is our stiffer model. It is meant for collectors and sneaker enthusiasts that have quite a few pairs of sneakers or shoes sitting in their closet for special occasions. The Protector is designed more as a conventional Shoe Tree, but can still be worn. For valuable footwear, the Protector completely locks the condition of your kicks right where they are. If they are brand new, they stay completely crease free, but if they have a bit of wear, they will remain at their current condition and not get worse." 

and

2) The Universal aka Sneaker Shields

"Sneaker Shields are a soft everyday, every brand of Wearable Shoe Trees[emoji]8482[/emoji]. It will fit into almost any shoe or sneaker on the market without any issue. Sneaker Shields are designed more for comfort to coincide with everyday activity" both quoted from the site

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

This is where i made my mistake with these last year. My mistake was getting the protector. Its a stiffer model so i thought i would have more protection. It did but the trade off was discomfort and pain. I had a sharp cutting pain on my pinky and big toe which made me in turn take them out of my shoes in the middle of some stores lol. Eventually found info on what to do in this case. I trimmed the side and bottom a lil and it relieved majority of the pain.

One of them cracked down the center when trying to force it into a narrow toebox. had to tape it....but again i had the stiffer model so idk how it would work with the universal

it was too stiff and wide to fit into tight toeboxes like 12's for ex. I dont have universal's yet but i think i should have went with that from the jump. When i recieve my 2nd pair i will review them.

the site is 

http://www.wearableshoetrees.com/universal.html for universal

or

http://www.wearableshoetrees.com/protector.html for protector

hope this helps alot 
happy.gif

I just got a pair of the universals. They fit into all of my j's nicely, and, no real discomfort to speak of when wearing.

I just got a pair of the universals. They fit into all of my j's nicely, and, no real discomfort to speak of when wearing.

Originally Posted by 91lo41awp

thats whats up...just ordered a pair of the universals a few seconds ago...i'll see how it goes 
happy.gif

thats whats up...just ordered a pair of the universals a few seconds ago...i'll see how it goes 
happy.gif

I ordered 2 sets of the shields as well, waiting on them to come in. My true shoe size is a 12-12.5 but I have wide feet. So I usually buy a 13 unless I can get a 12.5 (rare). So I've always put half of a plastic grocery bag in the front when I wear them. I will see how the shields work and I will post back as well.

I ordered 2 sets of the shields as well, waiting on them to come in. My true shoe size is a 12-12.5 but I have wide feet. So I usually buy a 13 unless I can get a 12.5 (rare). So I've always put half of a plastic grocery bag in the front when I wear them. I will see how the shields work and I will post back as well.

These are a great product, I've had mine since January of 2008 and they're still going strong

These are a great product, I've had mine since January of 2008 and they're still going strong

This topic always makes me laugh.

Rigid bits of plastic in the toebox of your shoes? All that discomfort just to avoid a few creases?

Crazy.

Rigid bits of plastic in the toebox of your shoes? All that discomfort just to avoid a few creases?

Crazy.

The thing is though.... They're not uncomfortable. If you take the insoles out first and put them in/ do a little bit of trimming, you don't even feel them.

The thing is though.... They're not uncomfortable. If you take the insoles out first and put them in/ do a little bit of trimming, you don't even feel them.

I'm going to reorder some, they work great, but definitely have to modify them to suite the pair of shoe you wear so I'm going to have to do some work on a couple pairs for a few diff pairs of shoes.

I'm going to reorder some, they work great, but definitely have to modify them to suite the pair of shoe you wear so I'm going to have to do some work on a couple pairs for a few diff pairs of shoes.

QFT

they universals give great protection, no real discomfort..your shoes might still get slight creases in it but nothing major. I use them in all my J's

QFT

they universals give great protection, no real discomfort..your shoes might still get slight creases in it but nothing major. I use them in all my J's

I ordered a pair early last year. Best investment Ive ever bought.

Thanks to them, every shoe ive used them on never got any significant crease (and have kept my Yeezys in VNDS condition).

I ordered a pair early last year. Best investment Ive ever bought.

Thanks to them, every shoe ive used them on never got any significant crease (and have kept my Yeezys in VNDS condition).

Originally Posted by kdawg

Crazy.
I couldn't agree more.

Back
Top Bottom