--Official Wearable Shoe Trees Thread--

I got mine from footlocker. A different brand. I ended up tracing the same shape on some cardboard then duck taping it to the force fields for double crease protection. I remove in and out of all of my shoes. All of my Jordans are basicly crease free and my one pair of white af1 have kept up real close to crease free but af1 are almost impossible not to crease.

I got mine from footlocker. A different brand. I ended up tracing the same shape on some cardboard then duck taping it to the force fields for double crease protection. I remove in and out of all of my shoes. All of my Jordans are basicly crease free and my one pair of white af1 have kept up real close to crease free but af1 are almost impossible not to crease.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by thebeast23

that's uncomfortable...n you can't leave room for growth doing that...
how old are ya that ya leaving "room for growth" by da time i was 18-19 my foot hasn't grown since and imma size 10
laugh.gif

Exact question I was gonna ask.  I've been a size 13 since I was 15.

Must be buying size 10's when his foot is really an 8........
nerd.gif

that's uncomfortable...n you can't leave room for growth doing that...
how old are ya that ya leaving "room for growth" by da time i was 18-19 my foot hasn't grown since and imma size 10
laugh.gif

Exact question I was gonna ask.  I've been a size 13 since I was 15.

Must be buying size 10's when his foot is really an 8........
nerd.gif

funny, i was a 10 into my early twenties, now in my thirties, i've shrunk to a 9!

funny, i was a 10 into my early twenties, now in my thirties, i've shrunk to a 9!

Originally Posted by kdawg

This topic always makes me laugh.

Rigid bits of plastic in the toebox of your shoes? All that discomfort just to avoid a few creases?

Crazy.
basically....all that could be avoided by just buying da sneaker alot more snug...TADA!

Its not uncomfortable....n why buy a tight pair of shoes? that's uncomfortable...n you can't leave room for growth doing that...that trick don't always work anyway...

leather stretches and gives after alwhile, its good buying things true to size wit lil to no room in da front because da sneaker will eventually form

to your foot and provide da most optimal glove like fit.

this shoe tree stuff is a gimmick, if you copp kicks correctly you wont have creases like that cuz they're barely any space or slack for a crease to form.
I'm 19 but men dont typically stop growing til the mid 20's n u cnt predict ur growth. that includes weight loss and weight gain too tho homie.  i was a 9.5 buying a 10 for room for a few years but im learning now since since my last cop was a 9.5 n i hadnt bought a 9.5 in years that its the "tight fit" shoe that u r talkin about. almost uncomfortable since i aint used to a tight shoe like that. i heard b4 if u wear ur size then u shld be str8. I got a fresh pair of 9.5 kicks n imma keep the shoe trees out to see how it works out. but just becuz one person stops growin at 15 dnt mean the next guy will too

Originally Posted by kdawg

This topic always makes me laugh.

Rigid bits of plastic in the toebox of your shoes? All that discomfort just to avoid a few creases?

Crazy.
basically....all that could be avoided by just buying da sneaker alot more snug...TADA!

Its not uncomfortable....n why buy a tight pair of shoes? that's uncomfortable...n you can't leave room for growth doing that...that trick don't always work anyway...

leather stretches and gives after alwhile, its good buying things true to size wit lil to no room in da front because da sneaker will eventually form

to your foot and provide da most optimal glove like fit.

this shoe tree stuff is a gimmick, if you copp kicks correctly you wont have creases like that cuz they're barely any space or slack for a crease to form.
I'm 19 but men dont typically stop growing til the mid 20's n u cnt predict ur growth. that includes weight loss and weight gain too tho homie.  i was a 9.5 buying a 10 for room for a few years but im learning now since since my last cop was a 9.5 n i hadnt bought a 9.5 in years that its the "tight fit" shoe that u r talkin about. almost uncomfortable since i aint used to a tight shoe like that. i heard b4 if u wear ur size then u shld be str8. I got a fresh pair of 9.5 kicks n imma keep the shoe trees out to see how it works out. but just becuz one person stops growin at 15 dnt mean the next guy will too

Getting back on topic and in need of more detail as is generally lacking as these posts digress into mild arguments... Who's bought these who wears a borderline size (like a 8.5/9 or a 12 like me)? My size falls right on the line between going up a size or sticking with the 9.5-12 range. I wear 11.5 in some retros that fit closer to a 12 & wear 12.5s in a few, since that's a rare size in general.

I have an extremely narrow (A to B width), extremely low volume foot. I buy shoes as small as possible that don't cramp my toes but creases with a foot as low volume as mine are inevitable. Thinking you can buy leather toed shoes in the "right" size to reduce creasing is asinine. Every shoe I wear fits and every shoe with a leather toe box creases. Nuff said. Anywho... time for some Sneaker Shields & from the read on the OP the Universals sound like the good fit. Trouble is...go with the bigger ones with my narrow ski-feet or fit into the smaller ones, knowing I may need to trim if they catch the sids.

Also, which ones (smaller or larger) will be the most protective? I would think the larger ones but not sure they'll fit in 11.5s as well...
If they were $5, I'd buy one of each but at $13ea + shipping, I gotta be choosy to save the coin for the Bordeauxs next month!

Thoughts? Experiences w/these?

Getting back on topic and in need of more detail as is generally lacking as these posts digress into mild arguments... Who's bought these who wears a borderline size (like a 8.5/9 or a 12 like me)? My size falls right on the line between going up a size or sticking with the 9.5-12 range. I wear 11.5 in some retros that fit closer to a 12 & wear 12.5s in a few, since that's a rare size in general.

I have an extremely narrow (A to B width), extremely low volume foot. I buy shoes as small as possible that don't cramp my toes but creases with a foot as low volume as mine are inevitable. Thinking you can buy leather toed shoes in the "right" size to reduce creasing is asinine. Every shoe I wear fits and every shoe with a leather toe box creases. Nuff said. Anywho... time for some Sneaker Shields & from the read on the OP the Universals sound like the good fit. Trouble is...go with the bigger ones with my narrow ski-feet or fit into the smaller ones, knowing I may need to trim if they catch the sids.

Also, which ones (smaller or larger) will be the most protective? I would think the larger ones but not sure they'll fit in 11.5s as well...
If they were $5, I'd buy one of each but at $13ea + shipping, I gotta be choosy to save the coin for the Bordeauxs next month!

Thoughts? Experiences w/these?

I recently got the Force Fields from Footlocker and they work great. I slip them in and out of all my nice kicks and they keep my shoes from creasing. Of course the toes still have some bend so the comfort is still there but they keep the leather from actually folding and causing an actual crease. I love em. Theyre weird at first but now I dont even notice them.

I recently got the Force Fields from Footlocker and they work great. I slip them in and out of all my nice kicks and they keep my shoes from creasing. Of course the toes still have some bend so the comfort is still there but they keep the leather from actually folding and causing an actual crease. I love em. Theyre weird at first but now I dont even notice them.

im interested in these cuz i have a smooshed up toebox on a pair of og black/red 11s and i wonder if these will make those major indentions look like they are stuffed when i wear them. anyone have any info?

im interested in these cuz i have a smooshed up toebox on a pair of og black/red 11s and i wonder if these will make those major indentions look like they are stuffed when i wear them. anyone have any info?

Copped some universals a couple months ago. One of the better purchases I've ever made.

Copped some universals a couple months ago. One of the better purchases I've ever made.

Originally Posted by techmen31

Dead them right now, because to tell you the truth, once you get on wearable shoe trees, you'll never go back to those uncomfortable force fields. 

Originally Posted by techmen31

Dead them right now, because to tell you the truth, once you get on wearable shoe trees, you'll never go back to those uncomfortable force fields. 

major probs in the world with this Japan disaster, that in a couple months will hurt the U.S. And we talking about creases and socks. (Im just saying)
eyes.gif

major probs in the world with this Japan disaster, that in a couple months will hurt the U.S. And we talking about creases and socks. (Im just saying)
eyes.gif

i just bought a set of shoe trees from the site a few weeks ago, and i wish i knew about these earlier. I compared them to forcefields on my FR 3's, and the creasing test on the forcefield shoe was
sick.gif
 compared to the use of the shoe tree. 
most of my pairs are size 9.5, but the shoes ive been buying lately (i.e. white cement 3s) are size 9. i ended up buying shoe trees in the 7-9 size. My FR 3's are a size 9.5, but these work just as well. if your common size is either 9 or 9.5 like me, the 7-9 size will suffice for a 9.5.  

i just bought a set of shoe trees from the site a few weeks ago, and i wish i knew about these earlier. I compared them to forcefields on my FR 3's, and the creasing test on the forcefield shoe was
sick.gif
 compared to the use of the shoe tree. 
most of my pairs are size 9.5, but the shoes ive been buying lately (i.e. white cement 3s) are size 9. i ended up buying shoe trees in the 7-9 size. My FR 3's are a size 9.5, but these work just as well. if your common size is either 9 or 9.5 like me, the 7-9 size will suffice for a 9.5.  

Back
Top Bottom