Official Weezy Thread Vol. "Sorry 4 The Wait" - 7/13. Carter 4 - 8/29.

Lemme guess wayne's rap career is over too.......... Yall %%@!*# need yall online privileges revoked 

^
808s musically > your life

just listen to every beat on 808s without the lyrics if you dont think its
pimp.gif
then you dont know music my friend

and yall gettin mad at How To Love?......why? dude is just giving the groupies and snow bunnies something to beast over.....white/ female audience = BIG $ and alot of sales.....I cant blame ANY artist for crossing over and getting that money
pimp.gif
i mean geesh he gave yall Hustle Hard, John, 6'7 & Im On One that wasnt hood.......i mean good enough for yall?

^
808s musically > your life

just listen to every beat on 808s without the lyrics if you dont think its
pimp.gif
then you dont know music my friend

and yall gettin mad at How To Love?......why? dude is just giving the groupies and snow bunnies something to beast over.....white/ female audience = BIG $ and alot of sales.....I cant blame ANY artist for crossing over and getting that money
pimp.gif
i mean geesh he gave yall Hustle Hard, John, 6'7 & Im On One that wasnt hood.......i mean good enough for yall?

His verse on "F*** Food" should be proof enough that he's not finished. I'm looking forward to the album but he's going to have to drop a video for "How to Love" and release another single in time for the album release.

His verse on "F*** Food" should be proof enough that he's not finished. I'm looking forward to the album but he's going to have to drop a video for "How to Love" and release another single in time for the album release.

Originally Posted by bayareacollection

I bet people who like How to Love are the same people jocking Kanye on that weaka$$ 808s and heartbreak...wack

i haven't heard how to love,but came to say 808 banged to me. I jam that @+! all the time.
pimp.gif

I bet people who like How to Love are the same people jocking Kanye on that weaka$$ 808s and heartbreak...wack

i haven't heard how to love,but came to say 808 banged to me. I jam that @+! all the time.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by treewing

Originally Posted by treewing

Jun 7 2011 6:53 AM EDT 2,984
[h1]Lil Wayne Covers Tupac's 'Perfect Verse' On 'Unplugged'[/h1][h2]'It's just something about 'Pac and I,' Weezy tells MTV News about performing 'Hail Mary' on June 12 special.[/h2]
By Rob Markman, with reporting by Sway Calloway (@realsway)

Text Size Decrease Increase

It's clear with his "Best Rapper Alive" proclamations that Lil Wayne wants to be remembered among the greats. And with an extensive and well-regarded catalog, he may already be there. Still, during Wayne's MTV "Unplugged" special, set to air Sunday, June 12, the Young Money CEO pays homage to another rap legend: Tupac Shakur.

"I knew because this is my 'Unplugged,' I said, 'I want to do some kind of tribute to one of those great artists,' " Wayne explained to us of why he chose to perform the fallen MC's 1996 single "Hail Mary." "It's just something about 'Pac and I," he said after the show's taping last month.

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:661061
bttn_play.gif

"I picked that second verse, 'Penitentiaries is packed with promise makers,' and I was like, 'That whole verse is just perfect — they never realized the precious time that they wasting.' "

"Hail Mary" appeared on Tupac's The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory, which he recorded under the alias Makaveli. Although 'Pac finished the album before he was fatally gunned down on September 7, 1996, the LP wasn't released until after he died. The track has been covered by quite a few rap artists, including Eminem, 50 Cent and Busta Rhymes, who remade the classic together in 2003 with a dis aimed at then-rival Ja Rule. The iconic song has never been covered by Weezy, though, until now.

Last November, DJ Khaled appeared on "RapFix Live" and drew comparisons between Wayne and 'Pac, noting Weezy's eight-month incarceration for attempted gun possession, his work ethic and overall likability.

"Ain't nobody have that impact since Tupac. Lil Wayne is a genius and he's a great person. He's always showed love to everybody. You can't say anything bad about Wayne," Khaled told host Sway. "So when he was on vacation, it didn't feel like he was gone. He dropped the album and it went #1. He was in every video. It was just as big. Now he's home. When he was on vacation, he was that powerful. Imagine what he's about to do." 

Jun 7 2011 6:53 AM EDT 2,984
[h1]Lil Wayne Covers Tupac's 'Perfect Verse' On 'Unplugged'[/h1][h2]'It's just something about 'Pac and I,' Weezy tells MTV News about performing 'Hail Mary' on June 12 special.[/h2]
By Rob Markman, with reporting by Sway Calloway (@realsway)

Text Size Decrease Increase

It's clear with his "Best Rapper Alive" proclamations that Lil Wayne wants to be remembered among the greats. And with an extensive and well-regarded catalog, he may already be there. Still, during Wayne's MTV "Unplugged" special, set to air Sunday, June 12, the Young Money CEO pays homage to another rap legend: Tupac Shakur.

"I knew because this is my 'Unplugged,' I said, 'I want to do some kind of tribute to one of those great artists,' " Wayne explained to us of why he chose to perform the fallen MC's 1996 single "Hail Mary." "It's just something about 'Pac and I," he said after the show's taping last month.

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:661061
bttn_play.gif

"I picked that second verse, 'Penitentiaries is packed with promise makers,' and I was like, 'That whole verse is just perfect — they never realized the precious time that they wasting.' "

"Hail Mary" appeared on Tupac's The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory, which he recorded under the alias Makaveli. Although 'Pac finished the album before he was fatally gunned down on September 7, 1996, the LP wasn't released until after he died. The track has been covered by quite a few rap artists, including Eminem, 50 Cent and Busta Rhymes, who remade the classic together in 2003 with a dis aimed at then-rival Ja Rule. The iconic song has never been covered by Weezy, though, until now.

Last November, DJ Khaled appeared on "RapFix Live" and drew comparisons between Wayne and 'Pac, noting Weezy's eight-month incarceration for attempted gun possession, his work ethic and overall likability.

"Ain't nobody have that impact since Tupac. Lil Wayne is a genius and he's a great person. He's always showed love to everybody. You can't say anything bad about Wayne," Khaled told host Sway. "So when he was on vacation, it didn't feel like he was gone. He dropped the album and it went #1. He was in every video. It was just as big. Now he's home. When he was on vacation, he was that powerful. Imagine what he's about to do." 

You automatically lose for comparing How To Love to 808's.

808's is on another level in every way.

You automatically lose for comparing How To Love to 808's.

808's is on another level in every way.

i like the new single....he has nothin to prove to the rap/hiphop community anymore and now he is touching different sides of the industry to gain more fans then what he already has....he's taste of doing it was lollipop...

i like the new single....he has nothin to prove to the rap/hiphop community anymore and now he is touching different sides of the industry to gain more fans then what he already has....he's taste of doing it was lollipop...

Back
Top Bottom