Official Western Conference Finals Game 6: 5/27 Los Angeles Lakers @ Denver Nuggets 6:00PM PST ESPN

Back to where this all started
pimp.gif

Can't say how impressed I am for how this team responded in this whole series after that tough one against Houston.

Lamar, Pau, and Drew may not be the most physical frontline in the league but they showed some toughness in this series, kobe was kobe, and we had Ariza stepup big time.

Props to the Nuggets...they played hard...Melo will have his time...But this is our year.

Been telling dudes that the series against Houston is gonna be good for the long run...and the level of play I saw in this series is way better than what I sawin ROUND 2. Hopefully, we keep improving in the finals and we don't choke it away like last year.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good job but we aint done yet...4 more wins.

Some of you dudes are gloating way too much. That's one of the reasons you attract so much hate from others on NT. Lakers played well and they deserved thewin, but damn the way some of you rub it in people's faces is out of hand.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Some of you dudes are gloating way too much. That's one of the reasons you attract so much hate from others on NT. Lakers played well and they deserved the win, but damn the way some of you rub it in people's faces is out of hand.

i dont get this AT ALL, because if this was the nuggets closing out the lakers this thread would be 200 pages long of people rubbing it in the lakers face

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Some of you dudes are gloating way too much. That's one of the reasons you attract so much hate from others on NT. Lakers played well and they deserved the win, but damn the way some of you rub it in people's faces is out of hand.

i dont get this AT ALL, because if this was the nuggets closing out the lakers this thread would be 200 pages long of people rubbing it in the lakers face
QFT.

Truth

really though... i was waiting for kobe to bust out the Sam Cassel Dance or something.. like at least do something cocky that everyone would hate him for ....lol

It is amazing that in his 13th NBA season, Kobe is still expanding his game. He has done something subtle but pivotal. He has added a new skill and that is notjust beating but burning aggressive traps. Even as recently as last year, Kobe would have problems against very well executed traps. Now he has mastered theart of mixing the crisp pass with a smart cut so he turns the opposition's trap into a mistake on their part.

In the past he would either escape the trap but cost his team seconds on the shot clock, turn it over or force up a bad shoot. Now he knows how to turn a halfcourt or quarter court trap in a quasi fast break for himself and in the half court offense, he has found a way to give it up, move quickly and get it back ona spot where he can be more effective.

It is not as spectacular as dunks and three pointers but if you are a perimeter player who wants to be the best player in the league and win a championship youneed to know how to not just counter aggressive double teams but make them pay dearly for doing so.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

It is amazing that in his 13th NBA season, Kobe is still expanding his game. He has done something subtle but pivotal. He has added a new skill and that is not just beating but burning aggressive traps. Even as recently as last year, Kobe would have problems against very well executed traps. Now he has mastered the art of mixing the crisp pass with a smart cut so he turns the opposition's trap into a mistake on their part.

In the past he would either escape the trap but cost his team seconds on the shot clock, turn it over or force up a bad shoot. Now he knows how to turn a half court or quarter court trap in a quasi fast break for himself and in the half court offense, he has found a way to give it up, move quickly and get it back on a spot where he can be more effective.

It is not as spectacular as dunks and three pointers but if you are a perimeter player who wants to be the best player in the league and win a championship you need to know how to not just counter aggressive double teams but make them pay dearly for doing so.
excellent post. i was just thinking this as i was watching the game today. there were literally no holes in his decision making whenever the trapcame.. in the past, he would have overdribbled the ball and/or turned it over, but i noticed that now he always finds the right guy and gets rid of the ball atthe right times.

he has also shown some excellent passing ability we hadn't seen consistently before. Kobe is not only the premier scoring SG, he is also arguably the bestpasser in the league at the SG position (besides Wade, if you consider him a typical SG. props to Igoudala as well).

and Kobe rarely ever forces up dumb shots anymore... "ballhog/chucking" Kobe still appears once in a blue moon, but in general he's eliminatedthat from his game. he's definitely playing the best team basketball in his career thus far.

I think Kobe's decision making has improved, but there are stretches during the game where he over dribbles and that causes a lot of stagnation in theoffense. I'm always yelling for ball movement when everyone's just watching. Other than that, great game tonight!

Originally Posted by dreClark

Playing Orlando would require Bynum and Odom to play big time ball EVERY GAME.

Y'all should pray 4 the cavs

no thanks
lebron has broken like 20 FT records this year...especially in the playoffs
no one can win against the refs

it will be a repeat of heat vs dallas

roll.gif
. ha. ha. ha.denver lost. ha. ha.ha. denversucks...ha.ha.ha.ha. lakers are better than the nuggets, nuggets suck. we're the best. ha. ha.ha. you guys suck, we're the best.

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

roll.gif
. ha. ha. ha.denver lost. ha. ha.ha. denver sucks...ha.ha.ha.ha. lakers are better than the nuggets, nuggets suck. we're the best. ha. ha.ha. you guys suck, we're the best.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

nuggets fans were not annoying imo so there is no need for that

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Like I said, y'all can stop hating on AI....

And stop acting like Melo wasn't nice before Chauncey showed up.

Nuggets are who we thought they were.

tired.gif
with AI this team woudn't be in the WCF

exactly

[h3]K-Fart:"Nuggets still better than Lakers"[/h3]

Nuggets unable to prove they're better

Despite a 119-92 loss, Kenyon Martin says he still thinks that Denver is better than the Lakers.
By Broderick Turner
May 30, 2009
Reporting from Denver -- Kenyon Martin remained adamant, even after the Lakers defeated his Denver Nuggets convincingly in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals at his home arena.

Martin wasn't bitter, just strong in his belief, which showed how far the Nuggets still have to go.

The Lakers beat the Nuggets, 119-92, Friday night at the Pepsi Center to win the best-of-seven series 4-2 and to advance to the NBA Finals for the second consecutive year.

How good are the Lakers?

"I think we're better than them, actually, to be honest," said Martin, still stubborn. "But we didn't prove that. That's obvious, cause they're moving on and we're not. But I think we have a better team than they do, no doubt about it."

"Some people are going to say maybe the experience of them getting to the Finals last year was a deciding factor. But I'm proud of these guys in this locker room. And I think as a whole, our team is better than their team."

Remember guys.......This was this the same fool that was sittting on the ground literally 3 ft from the referee holding onto Sasha's leg ?

Shows his lack of a brain.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man I been away from this thread for a while, good to see the Lake Show close it out on the road

Time to prep up for the finals
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom