Official Western Conference Finals Gm1: 05/19 Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Lakers 6PM PST ESPN

Did anyone notice that JR went down at the end of the game, he looked like he was in a lot of pain... EDIT: I found this on ESPN at the bottom: Smith sprainedhis right knee and will be re-evaluated Wednesday. ... The Nuggets fell to 2-3 on the road in the playoffs. ... Denver F-G Linas Kleiza played despite afracture on the tip of his right thumb. http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290519013

I hope JR is ok and ready to go for next game..

Its more satisfying when you beat a team at full strength..

This guy is an +#@!@$#.

d42cf5f6c21770dea86b724e238b58fe-getty-87745951ab056_nugts_lakers.jpg

cda2d7245cba934e9d485d82976d8cc7-getty-87745951mw058_denver_nugget.jpg

capt.ea1f3af363c847288ad2106dd61584c4.nuggets_lakers_basketball_las129.jpg

Originally Posted by aJ232Kb8

Originally Posted by Goldmember

I hope JR is ok and ready to go for next game..

Its more satisfying when you beat a team at full strength..

co-sign

Seriously. I hope dude is ok...I like this Nuggets team, but they are NOT better than us.

Good teams find ways to win when they don't play their best. Exactly what we did today.

I honestly feel like Game 2 is a must win for the Nuggets. Down 2-0 will be insurmountable for them.

Game 2 is a must win. If the nuggets win that, then they leave with exactly what they needed from being in. One game...don't matter if it's game 1 or2. That being said, this should have been a win.

However, let's not act as tho Denver played great ball and lost. Even magic and them said on espn, that melo was the only one who really played well. Neneand martin had 29 between them which isn't huge by any means.

Chauncey played badly offensively and he will not shoot that badly again. He missed many open shots. Jr played scared by the moment. He has to step up in thenext game.

Basically the frontcourt showed up. The backcourt and the bench was a no show. And George karl is an idiot putting in ac in the end on Kobe like he's adefensive stopped or a scorer. They were fine at the end with jr until he was taken out with 5 min left.

Better backcourt play and made free throws and they will be fine. I see them winning game 2 pretty handily.

Big ups to melo for being the superstar everyone now knows he is. And to Kobe for being a boss and winning this game single handedly. People might say he isnumber 2 but not at the end of the game!

Good win. The bench really won the game in that 2nd quarter so it didn't get away from us.

Kobe be the boss from here on out and a lot of minds will be changed.

LA must win game 2, but I believe a road win is coming.

Both teams are pathetic.

Nuggets gave the game away, and the Lakers needed a 40 point game from Bryant to win by 2.

If the Nuggets could play a lick of defense, they would've won.

Oh well.

Not the best game from either team, but it made for some good basketball last night. I think the Nuggets should be able to take game 2 because if they justmade some of their free throws they would have won the game pretty easily. They let their nerves get the best of them except for Melo. Melo knows he has tostep up and I would expect him to work down low for the rest of the series, he knows now that he is stronger than anyone the Lakers put on him (hell even Kobeadmitted he was a little "out of his weight class" in the post game interview. So he will have more games like this. The last thing about the game isthat I thought the refs went a little ticky tac with the fouls at the end of the game to send Kobe to the line considering how they let a lot of physical playgo throughout the entire game. Dont get me wrong I agree they were fouls but just in the context of how the rest of the game was refed I dont know if thatwould have been called a couple minutes earlier. But its al good Nuggets should have had the game wrapped up by then if they just hit their free throws.

But bottom line is good win for the Lakers, but those who saying next game is do or die for the Nuggets, are you serious. Lakers are "supposed" totake these first 2. The Nuggets haven't lost at home since like January. Anyways looking forward to game 2 Thursday night.

--I think the Nuggets played a near perfect game except the last 2 and a haf mins or so.
--Except their free throws. Even Billups missed a few.
--Lakers escape with a lucky one cuz Melo lit them up. Ariza's steal FTW.

Back
Top Bottom