Official Western Conference Finals Gm1: 05/19 Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Lakers 6PM PST ESPN

outacontrol music wrote:
Both teams are pathetic.

Nuggets gave the game away, and the Lakers needed a 40 point game from Bryant to win by 2.

If the Nuggets could play a lick of defense, they would've won.

Oh well.

OC, I'm telling you right now, PRAY each and every day for the next month that the Cavs win the title.

PRAY

No really, @#$%^&* PRAY.

Cuz if they don't, you will never ever want to be on Niketalk again. Ever. You might want to unplug the internet all together. You may want to apply forwitness protection. Maybe some surgery, ya know, change your apperance and what not.

PRAY brother, PRAY.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Both teams are pathetic.

Nuggets gave the game away, and the Lakers needed a 40 point game from Bryant to win by 2.

Oh well.

Sorry the Lakers aren't playing a disinterested Pistons or depleted Hawks.

Acting like there won't be games where your best player is needed when the rest of the team struggles
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Both teams are pathetic.

Oh well.
you should watch basketball before you talk about it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

outacontrol music wrote:
Both teams are pathetic.

Oh well.

OC, I'm telling you right now, PRAY each and every day for the next month that the Cavs win the title.

PRAY

No really, @#$%^&* PRAY.

Cuz if they don't, you will never ever want to be on Niketalk again. Ever. You might want to unplug the internet all together. You may want to apply for witness protection. Maybe some surgery, ya know, change your apperance and what not.

PRAY brother, PRAY.

smh.gif

roll.gif

free throws free throws free throws free throws free throws free throws

free throws.

and PLEASE, for the love of god, George, DON'T let Anthony Carter inbound the ball at the most crucial point in the game! dude makes some of the worstturnovers in the NBA. I give him credit for solid defense and the ability to hit open jumpers (just not last night), but the guy is a turnover machine.he'll lose the ball in the open court with no defender. he's butter fingers all day.

I love being the Niketalk shock jock
laugh.gif

I know the Cavs will need LeBron to carry the Cavs. On the road.
Like his 47 point outburst in Atlanta.

In the NBA, home is where the role players shine and play their best.

I was not impressed by Kobe's supporting cast last night IN L.A.

And Denver is ******ed to have Anthony Carter inbound the ball.

Usually you want to have a taller scorer inbound in case Billups gets doubled. The inbounder should be one of the most dangerous people on that play.

Anthony Carter?
laugh.gif

smh.gif

Whatever. Bigger things to worry about....

What's pathetic to me is a fanbase that has sat around and been historically sh*^ on for 38 years and when they finally have a decent team, they come outthe woodworks and try and tell everyone else what good basketball looks like.

What's pathetic to me is when a guy joins their team for only 6 seasons and already is the franchise leader in nearly every category. W T F were the otherplayers doing for the last 3 and a half decades?????? Pathetic.

What's pathetic to me is these same fans trolling in every thread and then retreating to their own threads and screaming bloody murder when fans of certainother teams go in there to talk basketball and then cry and whine like 4 year old little girls because of it.

What's pathetic to me is having a losing record after 4 decades, and yappin their mouths somethin fierce these days.

Or zero wins in the finals, but talkin like they have any clue about what it takes to win a championship.

Having a virgininal parade route.

Missing the postseason more then making the postseason.

Having the franchise's best postseason highlights all on one DVD, only the DVD is actually about Michael Jordan.

Having 6-7 decent players with their jersey's retired and none of them played more then a decade. Those same 6-7 players would not even come CLOSE tohaving their jersey's retired had they played for "other" franchises.

Having ZERO hall of famers in 4 decades of NBA play.

Thinking that ONE year will erase all this suck, that is pathetic. We all know who this franchise really is and what they are all about. Apparently, theirfans think they are somebody else, that they belong on the rushmore of NBA franchises, that THEY are the model.

This is the definition of pathetic to me. Very sad indeed. So again I say, to the entire fanbase, PRAY that you get that chip this season. PRAY that you arenot let down as usual. Because there is not enough crow on this planet for ya'll to suck down.

And do not even THINK of complaining anymore about who goes into your threads from here on out. Those tears and whining and report buttons don't meansh*^. From here on out, ya'll are fair game.

indifferent.gif

This game should be a wake up call for the Lakers !!! I think they should pick things up on defense and should be working extra hard for game 2. They arelooking really tired and needs to really step up if they want to go after the chip. I think Pau and Odom needs to play their games with Ariza, Farmar, &Machine hitting the open three. Bynum just needs to learn how to plant his feet and raise his arms because no matter how soft he is, he is needed at the end ofthe game to get some stop and boards. I think the next game will be really hard on the Lakers but I know they will pull through. LAKERS IN 4
roll.gif
Nah, with the way Melo played I think this series will be pushed to the limits!!!

blah blah blah blah blah blah burp blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah burp blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah burp blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah burp blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah burp blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah burp blah blah blah

indifferent.gif

preach, pimp.

or is it pimp, preacher?

lets go Nuggets. this *$$!% just gettin started

What's pathetic to me is a fanbase that has sat around and been historically sh*^ on for 38 years and when they finally have a decent team, they come out the woodworks and try and tell everyone else what good basketball looks like.

What's pathetic to me is when a guy joins their team for only 6 seasons and already is the franchise leader in nearly every category. W T F were the other players doing for the last 3 and a half decades?????? Pathetic.

What's pathetic to me is these same fans trolling in every thread and then retreating to their own threads and screaming bloody murder when fans of certain other teams go in there to talk basketball and then cry and whine like 4 year old little girls because of it.

What's pathetic to me is having a losing record after 4 decades, and yappin their mouths somethin fierce these days.

Or zero wins in the finals, but talkin like they have any clue about what it takes to win a championship.

Having a virgininal parade route.

Missing the postseason more then making the postseason.

Having the franchise's best postseason highlights all on one DVD, only the DVD is actually about Michael Jordan.

Having 6-7 decent players with their jersey's retired and none of them played more then a decade. Those same 6-7 players would not even come CLOSE to having their jersey's retired had they played for "other" franchises.

Having ZERO hall of famers in 4 decades of NBA play.

Thinking that ONE year will erase all this suck, that is pathetic. We all know who this franchise really is and what they are all about. Apparently, their fans think they are somebody else, that they belong on the rushmore of NBA franchises, that THEY are the model.

This is the definition of pathetic to me. Very sad indeed. So again I say, to the entire fanbase, PRAY that you get that chip this season. PRAY that you are not let down as usual. Because there is not enough crow on this planet for ya'll to suck down.

And do not even THINK of complaining anymore about who goes into your threads from here on out. Those tears and whining and report buttons don't mean sh*^. From here on out, ya'll are fair game.

indifferent.gif

Preach!!!!!! QFT!!!
smile.gif

Needless to say, it is unwise to say that two teams who played their balls off are pathetic. That was a GREAT game to watch.

Sloppy as hell (as I predicted in the early pages of this thread) but tremendous heart and fight from BOTH teams.

Carmelo..........
smh.gif
.............man, he was somethinelse. Gosh damn.

Fish, thank you. We treat you like sh*^, you always find ways. Horry used to do this too with the ol rope a dope.

Gasol, you're pissing me off.

Chauncey, mind missing a clutch shot for us one in a while? God damn man. Lethal mother#$%^&*
sick.gif

Phil, welcome to the new age, where we foul up 3 late in a game. I have questioned you a lot this postseason, but you did right on this one, thank you.

Bynum, didn't do much, but I saw you use those fouls and stop guys from getting dunks. Gasol let guys make their career posters, you fouled the hell outtathem, nice work.

Trevor, you sucked all game, Melo treated you like a chew toy, you stayed in the game, made a play, nice work.

Down 12, Sasha and Shannon with back to back 3's to get it to 6. That got us back in the game, and kept us from getting blown out.

K-Mart, wow. I haven't seen that from you since your Nets Finals days.
eek.gif

And Kobe.

You played everyone the Nuggets have on D. You chased all of em, fought em, and defended well. And still droped 40, with a dislocated finger, and no rest inthe second half. You're gettin old, but you got us this one. Keep it up.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Both teams are pathetic.

Oh well.

Sorry the Lakers aren't playing a disinterested Pistons or depleted Hawks.

Acting like there won't be games where your best player is needed when the rest of the team struggles
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I just had to comment on people saying this. Why do people act as if the Lakers road was hella difficult? They act like Houston wasn't MOREdepleted than the Hawks or that Utah was NOT themselves this whole year. Stop trying to downplay the Cavs dominance.

Neither the Hawks or Pistons make the Playoffs in the West with their records. I guarantee the Rockets would have been just as large a challenge for Cavs asthey were for the Lakers as well

Originally Posted by OneTrust

I just had to comment on people saying this. Why do people act as if the Lakers road was hella difficult? They act like Houston wasn't MORE depleted than the Hawks or that Utah was NOT themselves this whole year. Stop trying to downplay the Cavs dominance.
Yes.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Neither the Hawks or Pistons make the Playoffs in the West with their records. I guarantee the Rockets would have been just as large a challenge for Cavs as they were for the Lakers as well

No.

Anyway, I can't even stand to watch BSPN cuz I know the whole show will be about the Lakers.
eyes.gif

How many are surprised at the Outcome, given the 1st quarter of the game?

Any update on JR's knee?

Most surprising thing to me was Chauncey missing 3 freethrows and just how bad JR played

..........................................................................................................
Going back through the thread, and
laugh.gif
@ Laker fans complaining about a player getting calls or 'Phantom Fouls'

laugh.gif
Indeed.
Originally Posted by TheRav4

Melo is turning selfish. He's letting his ego ruin this lead.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah right.

That boy was playing hard as @@*! and competing w/ 'The greatest competitor in the game' all night. I didn't see him do anything selfish. That techhe got was horse @@*!. As was the one on Kobe. They were just playing HARD.

10508 Cardo Jr Ln wrote:I been tellin _'s Melo > Bron

Wooooooah there boy boy.

smh.gif

Melo is my guy and all but [Brand Nubian] Slow down!!! [/Brand Nubian]
Somebody punch Dahntay Jones in the temple.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

is that trinas ugly %!% behind the nuggets bench?
Yeah. You know she %+#% w/ K-Mart

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Good win. The bench really won the game in that 2nd quarter so it didn't get away from us.

Kobe be the boss from here on out and a lot of minds will be changed.

LA must win game 2, but I believe a road win is coming.
Umm...................
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I just had to comment on people saying this. Why do people act as if the Lakers road was hella difficult? They act like Houston wasn't MORE depleted than the Hawks or that Utah was NOT themselves this whole year. Stop trying to downplay the Cavs dominance.
Who the hell said the Lakers' road to the WCF was ridiculously more difficult than the Cavs? It was only difficult because the Lakersdidn't play up to their potential in stretches during both series. It was the quality of opponents that fans have been talking about, the Lakers played astack Western conference where the 8th seeded Jazz would have been the 4th seed in that dismal East. @*%@, if you think about the Cavs weren't even playinga playoff team in the first round of these playoffs let alone a %!+%!*# .500 team that mailed in two weeks after the Iverson trade. Are you seriously comparingthe Atlanta Hawks to the Houston Rockets? Hurt or not, the Rockets are a well coached team, with championship caliber players and an identity. What are theAtlanta Hawks? A talented but horribly coached jump shooting team with no %!+%!*# idea on how to play team basketball. Did they even run an offensive set playduring their series with the Cavs? So are Lakers fans complaining that their road to the WCF has been a lot more difficult than the Cavs to the ECF, NO! But ifthe conversation came up about who faced the tougher teams, is there really anything to discuss other than stating the obvious. Jazz >>>>>Pistons, Hurt Rockets >> Hurt Hawks

smh.gif
at Carter and KMart. Gave the game away.

I'm still confident in the Nuggs tho. The bench wasn't doing anything, everyone was missing free throws, wasn't hittin the boards hard enough.

4th quarter execution HAS to be a priority however. JR should have been in the game down the stretch for offense.

Carter
smh.gif

I don't want to take this thread off-topic (albeit it is looking that way) but the Hawks only go 8 deep when healthy. You take out Horford, Williams andJohnson (still played but hobbled around), and you got 5 healthy players (Smith, Bibby, Zaza, Evans, Flip).

Take Yao, Mutombo and TMac off the Rockets, they still can go 8-9 deep with Battier, Artest, Brooks, Scola, Landry, Hayes, Wafer, Lowry and even Barry inspots.

But hey, I give props to the Cavs for taking care of business asap unlike the Lakers.

Originally Posted by franchise3

MIA = Missing In Action

RIP JapanAir21

1987-2009 JapanAir21 wrote:
roll.gif

Goodnight LA, nice run this year.

Someone got a Nuggets sig?
nice run this year LA?...cant say the same about your mavs
wink.gif
...yehh they had a good run in the 4th to steal the game...so i actually readevery single page in this thread and its ridiculous (yes im at work doing it
laugh.gif
)...japan homie you fail?...asking a nuggs sig you fail...i know youre pulling for the nuggs here but man asking for a nuggs sig
eyes.gif
roll.gif
...how low can you go?...youre a failure just like you're mavericks...actually you lost credibility as a mavs fan
roll.gif

to shuges its a 80+ page thread cause all the haters were having an orgasms throughout the game with the nuggs being up for most of the game and it being aclose game...also Laker and nugget fans were here too btw
laugh.gif
...my thingis the haters not posting after a Laker win...consistancy is all i ask
wink.gif

anyways my thoughts on the game:
-we came out flat again in the 1st and had to play catch up
-fisher all of a sudden is our go to guy in our offense
sick.gif
...yes he cameup big in the end but the guy takes jumpshots after jumpshots when its still early in the shot clock!!!
mad.gif
...he takes the ball past midcourt and shoots
sick.gif
...fisher you know you're only deadly when you have a wide open three...kobewill find you dont worry
-gasoft we all know hes soft but he doesnt even try to challenge a dunk by nene!!!...c'mon fool get in there and take a charge or put a hand in hisface...dont let anyone just cakewalk to the basket...challenge that crap
mad.gif
...yehh yehh martin postered mbenga and it was nasty but at least he tried to stop it...thats all i ask is try try try!!...give me some effort!...givembenga some playing time phil...he works 10x harder than bynum and gasoft together
-carmelo hey he had a field day...we cant stop that...i think we should try to match him with Lamar and have trevor play roam around like kobe does...denverplayed a hell of a game...chancey was chancey except for those missed free throws
-refs honestly they suck freals...i usually dont like to complain about the refs cause i mean they are a part of the game but they missed calls on both ends ofthe floor...if you call this on one end call the it on the other...REFS ALL I ASK IS BE CONSISTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-he got owned by melo...but he made timely 3s and made that clutch steal........TREVOR ARRRRRRRRRIZA!!!!!!!!!!

with that said we stole this game literally!...we got lucky seriously!...we need come out firing for game 2

Back
Top Bottom