Official Western Conference Finals Gm1: 05/19 Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Lakers 6PM PST ESPN

Originally Posted by denverairforce

i love it. Nuggets fans suffer through decades of mediocrity and suckiness, and the second we have something to cheer for, some Laker fans wanna try to shut down our excitement. HI HATERS.

Kobe's cheap shots and complaining are getting way tired. all game long, the flailing arms, the "i can't believe it" scrunched up look on his face, I see why some people really can't stand him. I'm not one of those people, but I will say his act is getting a little played out.

Nuggets still have fewer losses in the playoffs than the Lakers this year. game 2 Thursday, we'll see what's up. we just need one on the road and we can win this thing in Denver.

lol all this back and forth isn't even with Nuggets fans; it's with Lakers/Kobe haters.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

eyes.gif
Lakers got outplayed the whole game. You guys have to have the softest big men in the league

No. Lakers got outplayed for 3 quarters and showed up when it counted the most.
And you mention that we have the softest big men in the league like it's breaking news
laugh.gif

--denverairforce, I kinda agree with you about Kobe's cheapshots he got some on Artest. But this is playoff basketball.
--Nuggets having fewer losses in the payoffs so far plays NO significance in this series. This is a brand new series.
--Case in point: Lakers dispatched the Nuggets, Jazz and Spurs easily and got handled by the Celtics who needed 7 games against Atlanta and Cleveland and 6games against Detroit if I'm not mistaken.

--One more thing, I think there is a chance that Denver can steal game 2...BUT if that happens I dont think they can take both at home in games 3 & 4.Three in a row against the Lakers? uh uh. No way. Same for the Lakers. They cant win 3 in a row against Denver either. Just not gonna happen. Good lucktomorrow night dude.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

lol all this back and forth isn't even with Nuggets fans; it's with Lakers/Kobe haters.
haha, oh I see. sorry, I take it back then. I feel like we Denver fans are pretty humble about our team's success, and at the same time,pretty excited to see what we're capable of, finally.

and DARTH, yeah I know it doesn't mean much, I'm just using it as a point of confidence for Nuggets fans. We have executed well in these playoffs andthe Lakers, the best tema in the west, has lost more games than us against teams who are arguably equal to the teams we played. also, don't underestimatethe strength of the home court for Denver, we have thrived on playing at home this year, especially in the latter half of the season and in the post season. if anybody can beat the lakers once on the road and twice at home in succession, it's the Nuggets.

All the hate to the side, Denver REALLY impressed me for the majority of the game. I thought their previous opponents just made them look better than theyreally are but they are the real deal. A couple of noob mistakes cost them the game. Should be a really good series.

That's all the compliments you will get from me til the end of the series....

Nobody gon question the Nuggs on my end. Nothin but respect from me for those guys. Would not surprise me at all to get beat.

I'm only callin out the people runnin round tryna preach stupid to people. That crap gotta stop. So Nuggets fans, I apologize in advance if anything Isay to trolls offends you, it will not be my intention.

Why is everybody blaming AC for that steal!!! The whole team but Melo, is to blame for the lost. Hopefully, Melo keeps his cool and Mr.Bigshot is able to bringhim back to earth. Let's be honest, The Lakers didn't play to their potential but still managed to steal the game away which means a lot. At times, theLakers can be sloppy but when they are focused they get the job done. If the Nuggets can't bounce back of this lost then they are not winning the series.Melo, needs to stay focus and accept that his team let him down, if he can't bounce back then the season is over.

Also, the reason why Jones & Carter is on Kobe is because George Karl doesn't want to risk Melo or Martin to get on early foul trouble which will bethe case if they guard him all night, Melo and Martin swipes way too often. And we all know that these 2 guys are keys players for the team.

JR's knee injury isn't serious and should be good to go.

And for real, did they ever upgrade Melo's '2' to a 3? Not that it matters, just wondering.

You ain't gotta apologize to anyone CP, there's just alotta salty-ness going around in here.

Most aren't even Nuggets fans - and most just decide to start watching basketball when the playoffs start.

Originally Posted by franchise3

And for real, did they ever upgrade Melo's '2' to a 3? Not that it matters, just wondering.

He got a 3 at the shot. ESPN put the stat up right after, 4/4 on 3's. They reviewed it, and it stayed a 3. But it was called a 3 immediately.

^ agreed. past nuggets team would probably fold after a tough loss. hopefully, they grow from this experience and make it a good series

Ohh ok.

Either way, this is shaping up to be a great series
pimp.gif
c/s. Melo and Kobe are entertaining. Melo is a beast out there. Is there any official word on the Game on Monday in Denver?

If they want to review buckets and upgrade/degrade them, they should discredit that late 3 by Chauncey because he stepped out.

Originally Posted by CP1708

He got a 3 at the shot. ESPN put the stat up right after, 4/4 on 3's. They reviewed it, and it stayed a 3. But it was called a 3 immediately.
Yes ESPN called in a 3 but in person they called it a 2 and the score was changed after a time out.

it was a 3. i was at the game and they announce that it was a 3 after the review.

Yall keep saying the lakers got away with game 1? i dont believe so. game 1 was a battle str8 up. denver came out firing 1st qtr and that was expected. lakesslowly battled their way back in this. this wasnt luck? this was persistence. just what they have been lacking latley. i do agree that at some point lakerswere sloppy on offense and defense. have yall noticed that kobe #24 gives denver the business everytime they played each other this season. not only that butas i said earlier lakers won the season series 3-1 scoring 29+ each game. ye ye gasol fish odom etc really didnt show up but they showed up when it matteredfish hitting that 3 pointer, ariza getting that steal, oh and kobe #24 droping 40pts. they can keep playing like this i dont care.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

- When the Nuggets beat Dallas, someone made a comment asking "Do you Nuggets fans still want to get rid of Karl now??". Well, this game reaffirms what most of the Nuggets fans have been thinking for a long time now. GK will never get this team over the hump. And his time as coach of the Nugs has run its course. You don't have short man inbounding at the end of a crucial game. Why not Melo? Or JR? On top of that, I think Balkman instead of Kleiza would have been a better substitution throughout the game. Not only for his hustle. But as an additional defender on 24. Cuz in case anyone didn't notice... Kleiza did NOTHING this entire game. 0 points, 0 boards, 0 assists in 7 mins.
grin.gif

I will give Karl credit for his strategy on Dirty Snake early though. Double him quickly and get the ball out of his hands. I mean, AC was definitely a horrible choice to be the primary defender. Again, why not Balkman? Still, the Denver defense was superb early. I don't know what happened in the 4th though....

I don't understand it either. He's bigger/stronger than Dahntay/AC

And I thought the whole reason for him being in Denver was for defense
ohwell.gif

Balkman has gotten no love from GK this season. I don't understand it. he started out the season playing great hustle defense and making lots of good plays(steals, rebounds, put backs, etc) and then was out with some injuries. after that, he really never got any minutes again. he's barely played in the postseason (I remember him in one or maybe 2 games, late). Kleiza has been underwhelming and Balkman is a much better defender and can guard 2-4 in a lot ofsituations. I really don't get GK sometimes.

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:
Lakers did not deserve to win this game.
If this is any indication of how the series will play out, I'm very confident that I
will get to see Kobe failing again.
keep walking word to kg
5kksn4.gif

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:

eyes.gif
Lakers got outplayed the whole game. You guys have to have the softest big men in the league.
weve gotta winner!!!!...did you use a lifeline for that one?

denverairforce...we aint hating on the nuggets...theyre giving us fits and its gonna go the full 7 games...were just hating on the Laker haters...theyrepathetic ones

AYO, Balkman sprained his ankle pregame, thas why he didn't see time. Per Mark Stein.

Not sure on how bad it was or whatever, or when he'll get in in the series.

Back
Top Bottom