OFFICIAL Western Conference Finals SPURS @ LAKERS Game 1

Originally Posted by CL2423

Should be a very difficult series for the Lakers. Knowing that the Spurs are bit worn out from tonight's game, the Lakers have to win Game 1, and for that matter, Game 2. I say Lakers in 6, most likely 7.

The road to the championship has to go through the defending champs.
Let's Go Lakeshow!
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
@ doug collins inserting his lame %@! into the broadcast onceagain.... what a *!$@%$* loser...

its the battle of the two most hated western conference teams...

spurs in 6. great defense and good offense always beats great offense and garbage defense....

either way either team will be cannon fodder to david stern's baby boys in green....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

indifferent.gif
@ doug collins inserting his lame %@! into the broadcast once again.... what a *!$@%$* loser...

spurs in 6. great defense and good offense always beats great offense and garbage defense....

either way either team will be cannon fodder to david stern's baby boys in green....

Your theory is so full of holes NK
eyes.gif

If you believe Stern wantsthe Celtics to win the title so badly, why wouldn't he make them face LA in the finals?
Think of the the $$$

Oh wait, maybe he's "just covering his tracks"
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Lakers won from 2000-2002. Spurs won three championships after they derailed the Lakers in 2003. Now they're back again. Spurs are older and look like theyhave one more run left in them. The Lakers (if healthy) are bound to be in this position for another 4-5 years.

It's gonna be a helluva series.

Spurs in 5.

Hey, the prediction worked for the New Orleans series.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

spurs-logo-350.jpg
VS
lakers_logo_1991_alt.gif

Best rivalry in the NBA this decade is renewed. Two franchises that have combined for 6 of the last 8 NBA Championships clash once again with a trip to the NBA Finals on the line. Parker, Odom, Ginobli, Gasol, Duncan, Bryant, OH IT'S ON!!!

7 of the last 9 NBA Championships (you forgot to add the * from 1999)
laugh.gif

should be a great series...Lakers in 7

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!

Originally Posted by DTruth07

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

spurs-logo-350.jpg
VS
lakers_logo_1991_alt.gif

Best rivalry in the NBA this decade is renewed. Two franchises that have combined for 6 of the last 8 NBA Championships clash once again with a trip to the NBA Finals on the line. Parker, Odom, Ginobli, Gasol, Duncan, Bryant, OH IT'S ON!!!

7 of the last 9 NBA Championships (you forgot to add the * from 1999)
laugh.gif

should be a great series...Lakers in 7

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!

1999 isn't part of this decade
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by NobleKane

indifferent.gif
@ doug collins inserting his lame %@! into the broadcast once again.... what a *!$@%$* loser...

Your theory is so full of holes NK
eyes.gif

If you believe Stern wants the Celtics to win the title so badly, why wouldn't he make them face LA in the finals?
Think of the the $$$

Oh wait, maybe he's "just covering his tracks"
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
he would LOVE for it to be Boston vs LA BUT like i have always said, if a team is good enough(for example the 97 Bulls), they CAN beat crooked refs....

I believe San Antonio is good enough and the laker D is so horrible that it wont get them to advance...

I believe the lakers will win the title next year though...

I would love to be proved wrong and i will happily eat crow if i am...

NobleKane, the Lakers defense isn't great, but you make it sound like they are the worst defensive team in the league.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CL2423

NobleKane, the Lakers defense isn't great, but you make it sound like they are the worst defensive team in the league.
laugh.gif
well they arent far off of that.... they give up too many points and rely on winning by trying to outscore their opponents

Originally Posted by Burns1923

GO LAKERS.

Eliminating the Spurs from the playoffs is the REAL championship this year.

Kobe, Lamar, Derek, and Pau are balling right now.

Lakers are too fast, too versatile, and have homecourt.

LAL in 6, maybe 5 if they're especially on.
Based on your predictions from the last series we had no chance of being here, correct?...
roll.gif
You should contribute more comments in the Sunsoffseason thread, yall have ALOT of things to worry about. Let's get it....This "IS" the series i have been waiting for, it will be a good one.PO

The key to this series is whether Pau/Turiaf can contain Timmy to the point where we won't have to double team, b/c as the Spurs showed tonight, they havea plethora of 3 pt shooters so we can't afford to give them open looks. And having Trevor back for this series will be HUGE, gives us another lock downdefender to contain either Parker or Ginobli while Kobe guards the other. We MUST take Game 1 though, the Spurs should be gassed a bit from tonight, but Iexpect us to come out a little rusty, hopefully we won't get down too early. And NK a great offense ALWAYS beats a great defense, and the Lakers have beenthe best offensive team in the playoffs by far, execution has been flawless sans Game 4 vs. the Jazz.

--Lakers defense isnt GREAT, but its still the worst of the final 4 teams...
--Spurs have too much experience and the "heart of a champion" attitude thing goin on...Spurs take this in 7.
--Hopefully, I'm dead wrong.
--Nonetheless...GO LAKERS!!!

Don't forget that one of the Lakers better defenders, Trevor Ariza, is coming back for game 1. He'll shave off a few points and help Kobe keep the gamefrom becoming a one-sided defensive affair.

lakers in 6. too fast and too many weapons unlike the 2 plays the hornets run - the cp3 play or the d west play
laugh.gif

Lakers will take this in 6. They have great momentum and are more rested plus the Spurs need to get beaten by a team they had to beat to get to the top.

Back
Top Bottom