OFFICIAL Western Conference Finals SPURS @ LAKERS Game 1

if kobe pulls that nonsense in the first half again,

they will not win this series.

he needs to be agressive right away b/c guys like Odom and Gasol are not going to have great series IMO and if they're down by 15-20 again i don'tthink the Spurs will blow that lead again.

Do yall think Kobe was trying to prove a point by not looking for his shot, I have caught glimpses of BSPN today and that seems to be the sentiment of most ofthe so called experts and analysts. They make it sound as if he was sabotaging the Lakers chances, hell they had played bad but were only down 8 at halftime.I'm pretty sure if Kobe would have shot more and still been down 8 they would have said he was shooting them out of the game.
smh.gif

BSPN needs to just shut their pie hole. Kobe just wasn't aggressive in the 1st half, there is nothing else to be said. Bastards always over-analyzing forno reason.He got his teammates involved and then he decided it was his time to take over since the other way wasn't working.

anyone else hear something about Kobe changing his shoes at halftime from his new ones back to his old ones? (didn't read through the last few pages sosorry if it was already talked about)

Mamba MVP:
Do yall think Kobe was trying to prove a point by not looking for his shot, I have caught glimpses of BSPN today and that seems to be the sentiment of most of the so called experts and analysts. They make it sound as if he was sabotaging the Lakers chances, hell they had played bad but were only down 8 at halftime. I'm pretty sure if Kobe would have shot more and still been down 8 they would have said he was shooting them out of the game.
smh.gif

No, no, no, and NO.

And yes, I have absolutely said that Kobe has done that before.

I already mentioned that I thought our main problems when we got down big were:
- not rebounding (giving the Spurs 2, 3, and 4 attempts at making a basket, and only giving ourselves 1, MAYBE 2 attempts at getting a basket)
- no post work from Lamar, Pau, and Vladdy
- defense: optional

But in regards to Kobe's 2 points in the first half, and the question of 'Was he trying to prove a point?', I say this: I think two things happenedtogether accidentally that just shouldn't have happened, but they were accidental. Those two things?

#1. Kobe began the game making sure to get his teammates involved, thinking that maybe the Spurs would try to suffocate and frustrate him, so he figured thatshould allow his teammates to do work.
#2. His teammates began the game seeing how Kobe would attack, not sure if the Spurs would try to suffocate and frustrate him, or if they would stay home ondefense and leave Kobe in 1-on-1 situations.

So basically, both sides came out seeing what the other side would do; Kobe came out curious of what his teammates would be doing and what the Spurs would bedoing, and Kobe's teammates came out curious of what Kobe would be doing and what the Spurs would be doing.

And that doesn't work.
laugh.gif
And that's why I think we went down 20.

Kobe came out trying to feel the game out, the Lakers came out trying to feel the game out, and the Spurs came out with a plan (control the rebounds on boththe offensive and defensive ends, attack the paint early in every possession, and keep a fast tempo).

Yeah, he changed from the Hyperdunks to the Kobe 3's.
laugh.gif
@ those idiots on BSPN some of the stuff they say is just borderline insane.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Did anyone catch that cheap shot Bowen took on Vujacic? Check the last video of the link..

http://www.lakersmedia.com/

I hate the Spurs.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

im sorry but from that video SASHA FLOPPED.....i seriously thought he was gonna go after bowen when he got up he had that
mad.gif
face
roll.gif
roll.gif

ESPN "experts" are stupid. Why would Kobe try to sabotage his team from the finals?
roll.gif

He took the very first shot of the game. He missed.
He later made a couple of passes to Gasol and Vlad, and they scored, hence, the no need to rush.
End of first quarter he drove towards the basket, they cut him off, he passed to a wide open Sasha and the ball rimmed in and then out. Sasha usually all netsthat shot.
Kobe sat the early second, the bench came in, played well, and tied the score at 33.
Kobe came back, missed a shot or two while the Spurs made a run.
Spurs lead by 10, Kobe makes first bucket.
Halftime
Spurs make run based on a couple dumb turnovers, Kobe misses another shot or two, before he finally gets untracked when they move to the smaller lineup withshooters spacing the floor.

Is it really that hard to see how the game played itself out? I do not work for ESPN, I see how it went, why in the friggin hell would they start asking ifhe's throwing in the towel? Ridiculous.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Did anyone catch that cheap shot Bowen took on Vujacic? Check the last video of the link..

I hate the Spurs.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

im sorry but from that video SASHA FLOPPED.....i seriously thought he was gonna go after bowen when he got up he had that
mad.gif
face
roll.gif
roll.gif

I wouldn't call if a flop, perhaps an acting job?
wink.gif
Ska

Either way this just adds fuel to my fire powering my Spurs hate train.

Kobe had 4 assists in the 1st quarter get out of her with this not aggressive stuff. MJ did the same thing before.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Originally Posted by CP1708

KB8sandiego wrote:

I thought it was eerie. Reminded me of another picture, but I'm not going to get into that because it's just going to open up a can of worms and we already what happens when that topic comes up on NT.

I know what you're talking about.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
jordan_shot_550_122006.jpg
yawn.
Ehhhhhhh, wrong answer.

what u fail to realize is that kobe's play was actually TWICE as good as jordan's cause kobe actually pushed off on bowen twice
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
nah they were nothing alike
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Kobe had 4 assists in the 1st quarter get out of her with this not aggressive stuff. MJ did the same thing before.

4 assists in the first qtr? thats agressive? i dont care what you say 3 shots in the first half is not agressive. kobe is the best weapon on the floor andwhen he's not shooting LA is not going to be successful in this series.
i dont think he was trying to prove any point or sabotage anything but this formula of getting team mates involved early and then close the deal in the2nd half is not going to work in the long run against the spurs. thats all im sayin.

Originally Posted by skips kicks

The step back would be like a jump stop if he landed on both feet at the same time, but he didn"t.
I understand what your saying, and will gracefully agree to disagree....

I'll say this and I'm done...that rule DOES NOT apply in the NBA...in high school and college yes..but in the NBA a hop step does not HAVE to landon two feet.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

4 assists in the first qtr? thats agressive? i dont care what you say 3 shots in the first half is not agressive. kobe is the best weapon on the floor and when he's not shooting LA is not going to be successful in this series.
i dont think he was trying to prove any point or sabotage anything but this formula of getting team mates involved early and then close the deal in the 2nd half is not going to work in the long run against the spurs. thats all im sayin.

so what you're saying is what has worked all season and in the playoffs up to this point, just throw it out and go back to the kobe show, no way. theguys were just missing shots that they usually make, I would want Kobe to play very similar to what he has the entire playoffs and that's measure how thegame is going, I trust him to make the right decisions whether that's him taking more shots at the beginning or continuing to get his teammates involved(however he even said himself last night he wasn't as aggressive as he should have been i the 1st half). A one-man show is not gonna beat the Spurs at all.

hell yeah Lakers! what a game. I'm pretty confident that they'll be much more prepared for the next game. Spurs blw the perfect opportunity to take onein LA.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by MaxElite

4 assists in the first qtr? thats agressive? i dont care what you say 3 shots in the first half is not agressive. kobe is the best weapon on the floor and when he's not shooting LA is not going to be successful in this series.
i dont think he was trying to prove any point or sabotage anything but this formula of getting team mates involved early and then close the deal in the 2nd half is not going to work in the long run against the spurs. thats all im sayin.

so what you're saying is what has worked all season and in the playoffs up to this point, just throw it out and go back to the kobe show, no way. the guys were just missing shots that they usually make, I would want Kobe to play very similar to what he has the entire playoffs and that's measure how the game is going, I trust him to make the right decisions whether that's him taking more shots at the beginning or continuing to get his teammates involved (however he even said himself last night he wasn't as aggressive as he should have been i the 1st half). A one-man show is not gonna beat the Spurs at all.

oh i know a one-man show isnt going to beat the spurs. and i understand he's trying to pick his spots (thats what got them here) but being agressivedoesn't mean taking shots either. he was not driving or making bowen play real D until the 2nd half. he wasnt getting to the foul line. like i said earlieri do not think odom or gasol are going to be getting their normal stats in this series b/c san antonio has good defenders at the 4 and 5 spots. so other guyswill have to step up but in the end Kobe cannot wait 2.5 qtrs before he decides to become an offensive threat.

i don't know he was driving looking to pass and not to shoot, but a lot of the guys just didn't convert, i don't see why odom wouldn't get hisstats this series unless he keeps blowing layups like last night, dude has a huge advantage on whoever is guarding him so i think he'll be find. and as forpau, if he just plays stronger and stop worrying about the refs so much, he'll be fine too. although having to single guard duncan may take a toll on him.but i don't think anything major stood out bad about kobe's performance, i was just waiting for him to take over, it just took a little longer thanusual, i don't think AT HOME kobe has to have a 20 point qtr for us to beat these guys b/c our bench plays much better at Staples. I guarantee when theseries shifts to SA, Kobe will come out firing early to establish confidence.

Odom will definitely not be getting his normal stats this series if he doesn't step up HUGE. He had 8 and 8 last night, and the Spurs definitely...DEF.IN.ITE.LY... have what it takes to make sure he has 8 and 8 nights every night. Tim Duncan, Kurt Thomas, and Oberto are going to continue to frustrate Pauand Odom, believe that.

The only flop I saw that was blatant but apparently not the analyst was where parker drove the lane and got hit on the shoulders by Fisher, I believe, tryingto strip the ball.

Instead Parker covers his nose and mouth as it he got clocked in the face...I'm really sick of these Euro soccer tactics.

anyone got that clip?

in the post game interview Odom said that he was too concerned about getting contact rather than focusing on the shot. he said he'll be much moreaggressive in game 2.

I'm pretty sure Odom will still average a double-double this series.

I'll say this and I'm done...that rule DOES NOT apply in the NBA...in high school and college yes..but in the NBA a hop step does not HAVE to land on two feet.
You are wrong.

In order for the player to use either foot as the pivot foot, they have to land on two feet.

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

The only flop I saw that was blatant but apparently not the analyst was where parker drove the lane and got hit on the shoulders by Fisher, I believe, trying to strip the ball.

Instead Parker covers his nose and mouth as it he got clocked in the face...I'm really sick of these Euro soccer tactics.

anyone got that clip?

Seriously.

He got him in the back of the neck and TP reached for his face in pain.
Wimp.

I hate the Spurs.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

bowen's half swinging arm was trying impede Sasha from where he wanted to go bc he wanted to mess with Sasha, but I think he exaggerated the fall just abit.

Back
Top Bottom