OFFICIAL Western Conference Finals SPURS @ LAKERS Game 1

Spurs - Lakers again in the playoffs
pimp.gif

did the hornets not just take these guys 7 games? If they can do that, im certain the lakers can. lakers in 7.

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

The hate for the Spurs is strong
smh.gif
and I still have no idea why
frown.gif

What hate? I am routing for the Spurs, but they're going to be outmatched in this one:

- Fisher is a better defensive point guard than CP3, and even though Tony will get his, he won't put in the same work as he did in N.O. and PHX.
- Bowen v. Kobe is always a good matchup, but as they say, "great offense always beats great defense (individually that is)"

- Tim Duncan & _________, will be in trouble against the combination of Gasol and Odom. Imagine if Bynum was healthy. Duncan's been struggling on theoffensive end, and Oberto and Thomas are very inconsistent.

- The bench advantage goes to the Lake Show as well. Ime and Finley are solid, but Sasha and Walton can counter them. And Farmar isn't even playing wellyet.

As with every series the Spurs' play, Ginobili is the key, so unless he can string together some great performances, Spurs are going to struggle gettingpoints.

Really, the series is going to be a test between the Spurs' defense and the Lakers' offense. That's all it will really come down to.

smh.gif
frown.gif

In a nutshell, Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry and Manu Ginobli.

If given the opportunity, I'd gladly break all of their knees with a spiked bat and then pour salt in their wounds.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

smh.gif
frown.gif

If given the opportunity, I'd gladly break all of their knees with a spiked bat and then pour salt in their wounds.

roll.gif
my god took those words right out of my mouth

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

smh.gif
frown.gif

die rat bastard die die die
roll.gif

should be a good series i see itgoing the distance with each team winning a game on the road. lakers close it out in 7 though.

spurs in 6 followed by a bunch of pissed off nters who will complain about something or other for 40+ pages

I hate the Spurs.... I was PRAYING all day that the Hornets would knock them off.....

I thought the Lakers would have a way better chance agaisnt the hornets and when the spurs won today my heart sank, and Lakers fans
I'd be scared.... Tony Parker consistently chews up the Lakers. Ginobili consistently flops to get calls. Bowen consistently gets away with cheap shots.and Duncan consistently makes me angry with his gay bankshots....

I pray the Lakers win this, but i'm not gonna lie my heart says Spurs in 6.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Don't forget that one of the Lakers better defenders, Trevor Ariza, is coming back for game 1. He'll shave off a few points and help Kobe keep the game from becoming a one-sided defensive affair.
yea but he hasnt played ball in 4 months.... i doubt he plays that much at all this year... phil aint the type to mess up his rotation...

Duncan's been struggling on the offensive end, and Oberto and Thomas are very inconsistent.
Thats cuz chandler was doing a great job on him. we dont have a tyson chandler... pau is gonna get used and abused...

I can see bowen frustrate the hell out of Kobe. Parker will burn whoever is on him especially when big ears guards him...

Udoka KILLS the lakers everytime...

Kurt Thomas does as well. remember the suns series?

Mbenga needs to get more minutes
laugh.gif

Lakers will take game one pretty easily. The Spurs will probably be tired and the Lakers will have a lot of momentum, being on there home court. The Lakerstake this series in 6 or 7 IMO. The Spurs to me are just too old and I don't think they can run with the Lakers. Also, Duncan has struggled and Odom andGasol down low will tear it up IMO.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by CL2423

Should be a very difficult series for the Lakers. Knowing that the Spurs are bit worn out from tonight's game, the Lakers have to win Game 1, and for that matter, Game 2. I say Lakers in 6, most likely 7.

The road to the championship has to go through the defending champs.
Let's Go Lakeshow!
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

gonna be a crazy series, both WCF and ECF are gonna be straight dog fights
eek.gif

LAKERS in 6 though
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by aRog27

I don't even know who to root for............I'm so tired of the Spurs.
They are the dynasty that no one outside of San Antonio wants to acknowledge ( including me..
laugh.gif
).... But like they showed last night.... until someone beats them..... they arethe Team to beat... not the Lakers, not Boston, not the Pistons...

I hope for a compelling 7 game series... in both conferences....

I feel a lot better playing the Spurs than the Hornets for some reason. I feel like this series will go 6 and we'll have some time to rest going into thefinals.

I hate the Spurs, but I'd rather see Timmy hoisting that trophy at the end of the Finals than Kobe.

Originally Posted by curt2121

spurs in 6 followed by a bunch of pissed off nters who will complain about something or other for 40+ pages

laugh.gif

I'll say Spurs in 7.

I can't see how this series doesn't go 7 games. But looking at how the Spurs got drilled 3 times on the road in the last round, we can not let themget an early game in LA. We must go up 2 - 0 or we will be in a LOT of trouble. We should have the advantage for game one due to the quick turn for theSpurs, and the good rest for LA, but I can't emphasize, SHOULD enough. The Spurs are a very well coached, vet team that could just treat game 1like a regular season game after a night off, and come in and beat us like any ol game. I hope that's not the case.

Let's just get that first game and keep whatever momentum we can going. Figure out the rest of the series from there.
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom