OFFICIAL Western Conference Finals SPURS @ LAKERS Game 1

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

son you cant have a pivot on your tippy toes. and he lifted it. geez. im one of the biggest kobe fans here. i'm just calling it how it is.

yeah u can, this may sound stupid but imagine spinning forwards and then backwards with one foot planted, its the front of the foot that stays planted - im pretty sure thats not a travel

exactly. YOU CAN PIVOT on your toes...

as long as you don't drag your toe...

that's probably the reason you got called for traveling

... you pivoted and dragged your foot = travel

kobe did not drag his foot

he just JUMPED and went into his shot =/= travel

^ if that's the case i was wrong.

i've always heard / thought different. fair enough.

kobe with the footwork.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Kobe is my Favorite player.

The Lakers are my favorite team.

With that being said he definitely traveled. When he did the step back his left foot clearly hits the ground before his right foot, automatically establishinghis left foot as the pivot foot. Now if he would have done a jump stop where both feet touched the ground at the same time, he would have had the choice tochoose his left or right foot as the pivot foot. But the fact that his left foot was the pivot foot and he took another step with it, makes that play a travel.

Spurs fans really can't say anything because Ginobli travels more than anyone.

HidayetTurkoglu wrote:
MVD courtesy of thehundreds blog

Great vid. Kobe looked excited as hell. Staples was rocking!

I can't wait for friday. Ska I got you.

Smh @ the Spurs giving that game away.

The excitement from Laker fans tells me that yall are worried
laugh.gif
. Regardless of what Kobe did, the Spurs gave that game away. Manu was non-existent as well.You can't expect all these factors to exist in every game.

Spurs in game 6

--When the game waa 65-45 I thought the game was over. Spurs couldn't miss and I thought the Lakers can just make it look decent with a 8-9 point Game 1loss.
--Spurs didnt "give this one away", they collapsed. Big time. Blocked off Ginobli, worked their offense and rode on Kobe's back to the finalseconds. Spurs had a bad 4th quarter and Odom and Fish had bad GAMES and Lakers still win. Things lookin good...

GO LAKERS!!!!

The Spurs clearly gave it away whether you choose to believe it or not. As much as Pop and the Spurs don't want to admit it, them dudes was tired. Popplayed ELEVEN PLAYERS. ELEVEN.

and i didnt even know that some bull happened in NO which had the Spurs on the plane for 11 hours. Dudes was clearly tired. They'll be iight

You guys do realize that Kobe never established a pivot right? Hop step back and two steps...is not a travel. You don't have two land on two feet in theNBA...yes it's stupid. Even if we WERE going to say it was a travel I can think of AT LEAST 4 or 5 times Ginobili traveled in the second half alone.

What a tough game. I was and still am spent. I think it's pretty obvious that the Spurs were hung over from the sleeping on the plane stuff, and not muchtime to prepare and all that. Props to them for not using that as any sort of excuse, but it is a legit reason for them to have tired legs. They are onetough group of SOB's.

I think it was True who said if Horry hits a 3 to win it, he'd off himself or something close to that. I was right there withhim. Horry scares the sh*^ outta me.
frown.gif
laugh.gif

This is a rare game in that I think it was a huge win for the Lakers, but I don't think it will hurt the Spurs at all. They are vets, and the champions,they don't care if they are up in a series, down in a series, tied, whatever, they know how to win and how to do their jobs. So they will be fine afterthis game. But at the same time, the Lakers now have something where if they find themselves trailing, they now know they can come back and make it happen. Very key. Lakers were also able to get Farmar a little confidence, Vlad a little (though I have no clue why he didn't play at all after such a nice 3rdquarter), and Sasha played GREAT. Add in that Fish had an off night, LO didn't do much, and Walton and Turiaf didn't do a whole lot, they can improvea lot in this series still. Especially Fish, I don't see him going 1 for 8 much in the series.

PO - next time something like that happens, you post that on here and put them on blast. Tupac already offered his apology, and I do as well. This'll bea fun series, I'm sorry that a few guys take it a bit too serious.
smh.gif

We haven't done anything yet. We still have to win game 2 and keep homecourt. Then we have to win at least one game in SA to feel comfortable andreally mount the pressure.

Good way to start though.
pimp.gif

As for all the travel stuff on the gif, NOBODY takes more steps then Manu or even Parker on that spin move. Dude started at the 3 point line and finished onthe other side of the basket. How many steps is that for a short guy?
laugh.gif

JsindaA:
You guys do realize that Kobe never established a pivot right? Hop step back and two steps...is not a travel. You don't have two land on two feet in the NBA...yes it's stupid. Even if we WERE going to say it was a travel I can think of AT LEAST 4 or 5 times Ginobili traveled in the second half alone.
THAT... is what I believe to be correct.

When it first happened, I swore we would have heard a whistle, and I was already to to tell my boy 'Yeah, he traveled. Good call.' But no whistle, so Inever said it.

Then after the game, I knew there would be gifs of it, and I was positive that I would see a travel. And the first few times I looked at it, it did look like atravel.

But what he does is dribble behind his back, then take a mini-hop to a spot, pump fake (no pivot has been established), then pivot off his RIGHT. His left footwas back and his right foot was forward, so he pump faked, then brought his left foot forward, keeping his right foot planted as he jumped off both.

It looks like his left foot was his pivot from the beginning, and then he lifted his left foot as he brought it forward to jump off both feet, but his leftwasn't his pivot; he had no pivot. All he did was take a mini-hop backwards and pump-fake.

The most telling thing for me that reveals that it wasn't a travel? Not ONE Spur does the traveling signal. At THAT point in the game, you KNOW they wouldbeen going nuts if he would have traveled. And in case you're thinking 'Probably because they know that it's Kobe, so they didn't even try toget a travel out of the refs': stop it. You know DAMN well they'd complain about a travel if there was one. At that point in the game? Mostdefinitely. And the Lakers would have done the same thing if they thought the Spurs did something foul. You know Kobe's accidental tip-in? I thought atfirst that maybe Duncan tipped it in going over Pau's back... 'over the back'. But then when Pau and Kobe both looked at each other and didn'tmake one plea to the refs at all, I figured 'Well hell, must have been legit, then. Because there's no damn way they'd be that quiet if Duncan didsomething wrong.'

And not one Spur even thinks about looking at the refs. Manu just goes the other way, Duncan just puts his head down to inbound the ball; every Spur is justlike 'Damn.
smh.gif
He got us.'

You guys do realize that Kobe never established a pivot right?
He did establish a pivot. If you look at the gif, you see when he did the step back his left foot hit the ground before the right foot. At thatpoint his left foot automatically becomes his pivot foot. So that 1,2 step he did then becomes 3 steps when he picks up his left foot again. If he would havelanded on both feet at the same time after the step back, he would have his choice of pivot feet.

^ And if he were to do that exact thing in S.A., yes, I think it would definitely would be called a travel.

What I'm saying is that I think a little bit of home-cooking was in order.
wink.gif

And Spurs' moves that would be called travels and charges in L.A., they won't be called travels and charges in S.A.

That's the way things go right now in the NBA.

At that point his left foot automatically becomes his pivot foot.

Wrong.

the step back is like a jump stop, hes free to use witchever foot he chooses despite what foot hit the ground first.

put a mill on it.

Damn, timmy must have read my posts yesterday cuz dood spazzed.

But in the end
Lakers imposed thier will to win on the spurs........thats how hungry they are for this championship

^^ yea def

i think ginobli travels more then anybody ( except lebron and wade
laugh.gif
)

i hope the spurs get swept

i feel like i been the only lakers fan in my whole city for awhile ( austin )
laugh.gif

so not everbody in texas is rooting against the lake show
pimp.gif

every spurs fan down here defines the word homer
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

ive had so many arguments and these people REALLY think they're the greatest nba dynasty ever
indifferent.gif

Wrong.

the step back is like a jump stop, hes free to use witchever foot he chooses despite what foot hit the ground first.

put a mill on it.

You would be short a million dollars if you bet.

The step back would be like a jump stop if he landed on both feet at the same time, but he didn"t.

Look at it like this...

If you step into a jump shot off a pass, the foot you took the first step with is automatically your pivot foot. If you step into a pass with your left footthen right, if you move your left foot again that is 3 steps which is a walk. Thats why when I instruct at camps it is a point of emphasis for kids to jumpstop into passes because it gives them more options. Bo Ryan the coach of Wisconson University actually has a dvd that illustrates this.

Why are people still talking about a pivot foot?
Because I needed a break at work
tongue.gif

I hate the Lakers and that was a travel but damn every time Manu and Tony Parker went to the hole it was a travel.

The Spurs didn't get cheated they just folded.

Back
Top Bottom