OFFICIAL Western Conference Finals SPURS @ LAKERS Game 1

3pledouble, dude gave up on the Jazz after game 5....and pops up for game 1 vs Spurs
laugh.gif

I wonder when he'll give up on the Dirty Spurs

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by curt2121

spurs in 6 followed by a bunch of pissed off nters who will complain about something or other for 40+ pages
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeap.

The Lakers have been playing well but I still think they are too soft in the middle to handle Timmy. But the Spurs do struggle with versatile big men like Pau.

IMO this series will be won based how well Pau and Lamar play. If they fold up like they have in the past its a wrap.

if the Lakers had a healthy Bynum they'd have a much better chance. Gasol/Odom don't seem to match up well with Duncan when guarding him.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at the new Laker fans coming out of the woodwork (of course I'm not talkingabout the dudes that have been posting all season), as well as some extremely uneducated predictions that are just as bad as 3PLEDOUBLE's.

This is definitely going 6 or 7. Like stated already, if the Lakers' big men can't handle Duncan right the Spurs are taking this. Just becauseyou're faster doesn't mean you're gonna run them out of the gym....cough cough Warriors cough cough cough

Please the Lakers are light years better than the Warriors, we actually run an effective offense, not just come down and jack up the first open shot. I firmlybelieve that if Duncan proves he can score 40 against us, let him. But if we let him get his and contain everyone else, we win this series and maybe easierthan most of you are thinking. Game 1 will tell me a lot, depending on what the Lakers defensive philosophy is w/ Duncan. Pau played him pretty well in thenext to the last game of the season, his length really bothered Duncan, so if he can just somewhat make it tough for Duncan, that gives us a huge advantage,we'll just have to see.

Pau will give Duncan fits, very underrated defender because his length is very bothersome.

If the Lakers Bigs stay out of foul trouble and Trevor lightens Kobe's load on Manu for 10-15mins a game, the Lakers bench better be ready to deliver.

Farmer, Sasha, and Turiaf played well against the Spurs in the reg season and previous meetings.

So the battle will be won by the bench because the starters really cancel each other out. And the team that remains on the floor with less fouls will win.

BTW heres what Jason Terry thinks of the Spurs
roll.gif

Please the Lakers are light years better than the Warriors, we actually run an effective offense, not just come down and jack up the first open shot.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

You clearly didn't read my post or try to comprehend it.
READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

Never did I say the Warriors were better than the Lakers. Someone suggested the Lakers would run the Spurs out of the gym because they're quicker/fasterthan them. I brought up the Warriors because they are DEFINITELY a "fast" team (and faster than the Lakers, not "better" like u areimplying and getting so defensive/cocky about), yet they can't run the Spurs out of the building.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs won. But I'd be willing to bet that the Lakers get to the Finals next year if Bynum comes back strong.

--After watching the Hornets/Spurs post game...the Spurs have some swagger back. After needing 7 games to play an inexperienced team?
--As alot of people say, the Spurs never fail to piss me off. I'm a Laker fan always have been but I wanted the lakers to face the Spurs but at the sametime I didnt. Spurs are confident right now, along with their flopping, dirty play, and outstanding defense and Eva cheering them on...Spurs take this in 6.

Game1 - Lakers over Spurs
Game2 - Spurs over Lakers
Game3 - Spurs over Lakers
Game4 - Spurs over Lakers
Game5 - Lakers over Spurs
Game6 - Spurs over Lakers

Spurs 4 Lakers 2
Lakers come back stronger next year...Spurs come back weaker next year.

--But hey, I could be wrong. Go Lakers.

Well we all know Stern gave the orders...

Lakers by 2 on a Fisher last second 3. Because the NBA can plan things like that.

But really, Lakers by like 5. Series goes back to Staples tied 2-2.

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
Ah yes. I feel that my predictions will be coming true in this series, cause there's not a chance in hell that the lakers are beating the San Antonio Spurs, period. The Spurs have been the most dominant team in this decade, so much experience, been through too many playoff battles as a team, won 4 championships and you think they're gonna let a soft as charmin lakers team defeat them in the conference finals? Pulease. I fully expect the Spurs to play their best series as of yet. The Lakers have zero answer for Duncan, Manu and Parker, and Bowen has historically owned that fraudulent mvp we call Kobe Bryant, i see Bruce locking his as up like old times. 9 for 27 shooting games will be frequent for Mr. Bryant in this series.

Gasoft will spend the entire series in foul trouble as well as derek fisher and Odom will be picking up offensive fouls left to right against the spurs, so those three will pretty much be non factors. Duncan and Parker will be the best players in this series, with Manu a close third, Nobody else will come even close. Point is, the Lakers are too dumb of a team, don't have many 1 on 1 creators and no type of D whatsoever to contain the spurs in a 7 game series. If the Lakers only hope on defense in this series is trevor friggin ariza than they're already finished. Seriously, Trevor Ariza?
roll.gif
Eff outta here

I predict this being a quick series, over in 4-5 in the favor of the spurs but thats another subject when that day comes, i'll just get to my game 1 predictions. Spurs 109 Lakers 81. Manu and Parker with 34 a piece, Duncan with 24 boards..
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

^^^^^^ this guy!!!! 3ple double.....
Him and Spurs fans like him are the reason I can be from SA and absolutely loathe the Spurs!! Honestly they act like Pop-a-pimple, duncan,maNO, and longoria INVENTED the damm game!! You can't tell these people nothing... o well their time is up... no dynasty havin *%$ team! **asterisk**!
/rant
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You must be new here...

I got the Lakers in 6/7
I can't freakin wait for tommorow
smokin.gif

SoHi, not new been here for a minute....531 im chill
this just gave me an opportunity to state why living in Spurs country is crazy. about 75% of them are good people the other 25% are knuckleheads when it comesto "their" spurs. Anyone who thinks that this isn't going to be the most competitive, exciting, dramatic and fun series so far is crazy. thematchups are tough at every position both ways. its going to be fun!
pimp.gif

Lamar is the key to our success in this series. We need him to beast on the Spurs. I predict the Lakers take it in 6.

Back
Top Bottom