OFFICIAL Western Conference Finals SPURS @ LAKERS Game 1

I hope the Lakers kill the Spurs. I cant stand them. My dude Kobe is gonna beast on them watch. He is too hungry for a ring and this is his chance to take it.

Originally Posted by rhugghed114

Honestly, I'd rather have the athletic, youthful, but playoff virgin Hornets rather than this aging championship Spurs team. As I've said before, they're the scariest team (at least for me) in the PLAYOFFS, and I can only breathe a sigh of relief when the Spurs are eliminated! lol

I think this will be a tough series for the Lakers. I'd be very grateful if the Lakers can finish them in SIX. And Mamba better takes care of that injured finger... you don't want Bruce "Lee" Bowen doing something dirty to gain the upper hand.

With that said,

Go Lakers! Make sure to get game 1 and 2!
pimp.gif

Totally Agree

Kobe's gonna have his hands full with Bowen and Udoka guarding him on defense and Kobe having to guard Ginobili on defense.

Lakers in 6, maybe even 5:

-Lakers have the MVP, and he has had great amount of time for his back to fully recover, which means more speed and lift. Kobe can taste it, and his passionand desire to win is phenomenal. Let alone his numbers in the playoffs (33-7-7), Bowen won't be able to guard him like he could 5 seasons ago.
-Gasol and Odom, play so well together. When Gasol is posting, Odom has more speed than Duncan, Oberto, and Thomas, he will be able to cut to the baskets forthose dunks.
-Derek Fisher's strength and ability to deflect the ball in the passing lanes will pest Tony Parker in this series, and let's not forget what he cando with 0.4 left on the clock. He is a clutch shooter.
-Not only do the Spurs have great shooters, but so does LA. Vujacic, Fisher, Radmanovich, and Walton.
-The only person I see being a major factor for the Spurs is Manu, Kobe will guard Manu Ginobili in this series, and with Kobe on the NBA 1st Defensive team,I don't see Manu going off like he did against the Hornets. (Someone also mentioned earlier that Ariza will be back for game 1) This only helps theLakers defensively.
-Laker's aren't the Hornets. Laker's are also very well coached. Phil Jackson's triangle has done wonders for Gasol and Odom. The Lakersaren't a young team like the Hornets, they have the experience and leadership from Bryant and Fisher, and Gasol,Odom, and Walton have been in theplayoff's before.
-Last and most important thing is the Laker's can also win on the Road. Expect to see Kobe to do some closing in S.A.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Only Laker fan would say something like "Tim Duncan is soft and always has been" then follow it up with "Who's gonna guard Lamar"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lakers in 6 but maybe in 5, if we can somehow win the second game in S.A. LO is always our X-factor. I hope LO will post up more often espcially againstManu or Finley. So far, he's been playing great. Our bench, especially Farmar, needs to step up otherwise TP will average 30+.

Burns1923 wrote:
GO LAKERS.

Eliminating the Spurs from the playoffs is the REAL championship this year.

Kobe, Lamar, Derek, and Pau are balling right now.

Lakers are too fast, too versatile, and have homecourt.

LAL in 6, maybe 5 if they're especially on.

Based on your predictions from the last series we had no chance of being here, correct?...
roll.gif
You should contribute more comments in the Suns offseason thread, yall have ALOT of things to worry about. Let's get it....This "IS" the series i have been waiting for, it will be a good one. PO

I didn't predict anything and I didn't say the Spurs had no chance.

Furthermore, you have no business telling anyone what they should and shouldn't do.

If your goal is to gloat about the Spurs winning game 7, by all means, have fun.

Man I took the time and went through each page of this thread, there is so much hate for my beloved Spur's. The Lakers/Spurs series is going to be epic. Ihope this goes all the way to 7. Kobe, Gasol, Lamar, and Fisher will give the spurs fits. In the end I gotta go with my Spurs in 6.

Originally Posted by skips kicks

yall acting like tim is a beast or suin, dood himself is kinda soft, but thats always been his game.....
can someone please let me know what he's trying to say? anyways, spur's in six. i just think we match up better with the laker's.

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

Originally Posted by skips kicks

yall acting like tim is a beast or suin, dood himself is kinda soft, but thats always been his game.....
can someone please let me know what he's trying to say? anyways, spur's in six. i just think we match up better with the laker's.

But the Lakers match up better with the Spurs as well. Lakers in 6.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- yall acting like tim is a beast or suin, dood himself is kinda soft, but thatsalways been his game..... can someone please let me know what he's trying to say? anyways, spur's in six. i just think we match up better with thelaker's. What I mean is....Tim has never been a super dominant in the paint like say a shaq or amare.....the points come to Tim through the offense and hisbasketball IQ..... He get alot of his points outside of the paint actually...shooting jumpers (bank shots) Im not saying Tim isnt a great player, hes probablyone of the best post-jordan era.... but imagine tim on a tim with no other stars...................... you cant. Tim ALWAYS had his supporting cast his entirecareer to lean on if he was having an off night. Son just aint the factor he used to be.... Tim is the leader of the team, but its pretty much Ginobili andParker who win spurs games....tims role has become more of a contributer rather than driving force.

lakers in 6
pimp.gif

fish has to control parker, if not it's gonna be a long series...

the city of LA is buzzin right now... the bandwagon is back
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Ah yes. I feel that my predictions will be coming true in this series,cause there's not a chance in hell that the lakers are beating the San Antonio Spurs, period. The Spurs have been the most dominant team in this decade, somuch experience, been through too many playoff battles as a team, won 4 championships and you think they're gonna let a soft as charmin lakers team defeatthem in the conference finals? Pulease. I fully expect the Spurs to play their best series as of yet. The Lakers have zero answer for Duncan, Manu and Parker,and Bowen has historically owned that fraudulent mvp we call Kobe Bryant, i see Bruce locking his as up like old times. 9 for 27 shooting games will befrequent for Mr. Bryant in this series.

Gasoft will spend the entire series in foul trouble as well as derek fisher and Odom will be picking up offensive fouls left to right against the spurs, sothose three will pretty much be non factors. Duncan and Parker will be the best players in this series, with Manu a close third, Nobody else will come evenclose. Point is, the Lakers are too dumb of a team, don't have many 1 on 1 creators and no type of D whatsoever to contain the spurs in a 7 game series. Ifthe Lakers only hope on defense in this series is trevor friggin ariza than they're already finished. Seriously, Trevor Ariza?
roll.gif
Eff outta here

I predict this being a quick series, over in 4-5 in the favor of the spurs but thats another subject when that day comes, i'll just get to my game 1predictions. Spurs 109 Lakers 81. Manu and Parker with 34 a piece, Duncan with 24 boards..

LA better be buzzing the Lakers are back....just got tix this morning for game 3, upper deck in that crap arena they call the at&t center...I will be thererepresenting The Lake Show just like I was in 2000 and 2001 when Fro-be was bangin alleys off of Sean Elliott's forehead and making the front page of theSA newspaper. With that said Lakers in 6 or 7

^^^^^^ this guy!!!! 3ple double.....
Him and Spurs fans like him are the reason I can be from SA and absolutely loathe the Spurs!! Honestly they act like Pop-a-pimple, duncan't ,maNO, andlongoria(see we can come up with clever nicknames too) INVENTED the damm game!! You can't tell these people nothing... o well their time is up... nodynasty havin #%@ team! **asterisk**!
/rant
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Him and Spurs fans like him are the reason I can be from SA and absolutely loathe the Spurs!! Honestly they act like Pop-a-pimple, duncan,maNO, and longoria INVENTED the damm game!! You can't tell these people nothing... o well their time is up... no dynasty havin *%$ team! **asterisk**!
/rant
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You must be new here...

I got the Lakers in 6/7
I can't freakin wait for tommorow
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
Ah yes. I feel that my predictions will be coming true in this series, cause there's not a chance in hell that the lakers are beating the San Antonio Spurs, period. The Spurs have been the most dominant team in this decade, so much experience, been through too many playoff battles as a team, won 4 championships and you think they're gonna let a soft as charmin lakers team defeat them in the conference finals? Pulease. I fully expect the Spurs to play their best series as of yet. The Lakers have zero answer for Duncan, Manu and Parker, and Bowen has historically owned that fraudulent mvp we call Kobe Bryant, i see Bruce locking his as up like old times. 9 for 27 shooting games will be frequent for Mr. Bryant in this series.

Gasoft will spend the entire series in foul trouble as well as derek fisher and Odom will be picking up offensive fouls left to right against the spurs, so those three will pretty much be non factors. Duncan and Parker will be the best players in this series, with Manu a close third, Nobody else will come even close. Point is, the Lakers are too dumb of a team, don't have many 1 on 1 creators and no type of D whatsoever to contain the spurs in a 7 game series. If the Lakers only hope on defense in this series is trevor friggin ariza than they're already finished. Seriously, Trevor Ariza?
roll.gif
Eff outta here

I predict this being a quick series, over in 4-5 in the favor of the spurs but thats another subject when that day comes, i'll just get to my game 1 predictions. Spurs 109 Lakers 81. Manu and Parker with 34 a piece, Duncan with 24 boards..

YES!!! My confidence just went up a bit for tomorrow's game.

Go Lakers!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Him and Spurs fans like him are the reason I can be from SA and absolutely loathe the Spurs!! Honestly they act like Pop-a-pimple, duncan,maNO, and longoria INVENTED the damm game!! You can't tell these people nothing... o well their time is up... no dynasty havin *%$ team! **asterisk**!
/rant
laugh.gif

roll.gif
newb, cheeeeel.

3ple, thank you.

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
Ah yes. I feel that my predictions will be coming true in this series, cause there's not a chance in hell that the lakers are beating the San Antonio Spurs, period. The Spurs have been the most dominant team in this decade, so much experience, been through too many playoff battles as a team, won 4 championships and you think they're gonna let a soft as charmin lakers team defeat them in the conference finals? Pulease. I fully expect the Spurs to play their best series as of yet. The Lakers have zero answer for Duncan, Manu and Parker, and Bowen has historically owned that fraudulent mvp we call Kobe Bryant, i see Bruce locking his as up like old times. 9 for 27 shooting games will be frequent for Mr. Bryant in this series.

Gasoft will spend the entire series in foul trouble as well as derek fisher and Odom will be picking up offensive fouls left to right against the spurs, so those three will pretty much be non factors. Duncan and Parker will be the best players in this series, with Manu a close third, Nobody else will come even close. Point is, the Lakers are too dumb of a team, don't have many 1 on 1 creators and no type of D whatsoever to contain the spurs in a 7 game series. If the Lakers only hope on defense in this series is trevor friggin ariza than they're already finished. Seriously, Trevor Ariza?
roll.gif
Eff outta here

I predict this being a quick series, over in 4-5 in the favor of the spurs but thats another subject when that day comes, i'll just get to my game 1 predictions. Spurs 109 Lakers 81. Manu and Parker with 34 a piece, Duncan with 24 boards..

3pledouble will pop out whenever Spurs win a game this series. Oh man. lmfao
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom