:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Both teams suck, only reason they make it to the World Cup is because the Concacaf is so easy
Ugh...please don't start.
grin.gif

leave him alone, he dont know what hes talking about.
Tell me how what I said was inaccurate?

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

30dawwg.jpg

They mad? I bet it's just as "stupid" as pre-Lance Armstrong cycling.

Anyway, much like the first game of the day, there was a terrible ref mistake and fortunately, just like the first game the better team won so the mistake was notable, but not game changing. Mexico keep taking Ls as soon as they leave the group stage and I don't see that changing any time soon, unless they're lucky and get the same first couple of games of the knockout round against teams of the same caliber Uruguay got this time and Italy got last World Cup. Argentina-Germany is the first true clash of the giants of the tournament. If the game is close and the winner of that game goes on to win the tournament, we could very well refer to that game as the true final of this World Cup.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Lionel Messi will prove to the world why undoubtedly hes going to become the best player ever.
not today man...and still without his first WC goal...
Messi's been creating most of the goal opportunities & important plays for his team, but if you think he needs to score a goal for any validation then that says more about how you view the game than anything.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

dos santos needs his mom to console him
didnt even notice he played until right now
roll.gif

i got to give it up to chicharito though....i've had my reservations about the kid, but he's got a promising future ahead of him
Eres Salvadoreño no? 

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

univsion is an American channel. Most Spanish? speakers here are of Mexican descent.
why not be biased?

the truth is, that univision/telemundo ******** the mexican nat'l team as if there life depended on it (which financially, it probably does)
A lot of the folks who work in these stations are not even mexican, but you wouldnt know it from the coverage.

I'm all with being biased with teams from the Americas, but the reality is that they give VERY LITTLE love to anyone outside of Mexico.

A piece here, an interview there, but that's it....any and every team that is not mexico is an afterthought.

yeah, salvadoreno

and I take back my dos santos comment. I wish the kid good luck in the future...he's a product of the barca system, and I got to support my cule players (except when they play against ES)

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

marionthebarberian wrote:

Lionel Messi will prove to the world why undoubtedly hes going to become the best player ever.
Messi's been creating most of the goal opportunities & important plays for his team, but if you think he needs to score a goal for any validation then that says more about how you view the game than anything.

Wow, some people on this forum are truly all over Messi's nuts. I love Messi, but when I mentioned that he will never truly be considered as the GOAT unless he wins a World Cup, people said that it doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Now you're saying that he doesn't even need to score goals in the World Cup either? Come on man, give me a friggin break. What's next? That he won't even need to play in the World Cup to be considered as the GOAT? Messi's reputation isn't like Zidane's. His reputation is to be the next Maradona or better than Maradona. He needs to score goals. He had some good highlights today, but today's game was the most important game for Argentina so far this World Cup and at the same time Messi's worst game of the World Cup so far. He needs to change this against Germany.

Diego Armando Maradona >>>>>>> Messi.

I haven't seen much of messi in this world cup, and he won't get his cup this year. Quote me on that.

that Argentina shirt is just to much weight for him.

Salvadoreño
smh.gif

We all know you mad because your crap national team wont be making it to the world cup any time soon and if it did it would have an Honduras-like performance
laugh.gif

That offsides goal had a huge impact on the outcome of the game. A shame 4 years were wasted because of it.

univsion is an American channel. Most Spanish? speakers here are of Mexican descent.
why not be biased?

the truth is, that univision/telemundo ******** the mexican nat'l team as if there life depended on it (which financially, it probably does)
A lot of the folks who work in these stations are not even mexican, but you wouldnt know it from the coverage.

I'm all with being biased with teams from the Americas, but the reality is that they give VERY LITTLE love to anyone outside of Mexico.

A piece here, an interview there, but that's it....any and every team that is not mexico is an afterthought.
Absolutely true. You would think the way they talk about the Mexican national team and its players that Mexico are a top tier team rather than the third rate team they really are.  It goes beyond mere sports though, the whole Spanish-speaking media circus in the US heavily caters to Mexican interests and biases.

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

Diego Armando Maradona >>>>>>> Messi.

I haven't seen much of messi in this world cup, and he won't get his cup this year. Quote me on that.

that Argentina shirt is just to much weight for him.

also have to take into account their opponents. Nigeria, Greece, South Korea and Mexico.  Germany is the  real test

We really haven't seen a lot from Messi yet. So he's the best player in the world but not the best ever.

Pele >>> Maradonna >>> other players >>> Messi

So far both USA & Mexico have lost their grudge matches will the same happen to Argentina against Germany?

Personally I think both Argentina and Germany faced teams with weak defense but it will be a good match non the less.

SMH at that NY POST headline.

As far as the game goes, the 2nd half was better for Mexico but that was a result of the brilliant shot by Tevez. Which then lead to Argentina pushing their lines back and waiting for Mexico to attack them. Aguirre's bone head coaching decisions cost this team to have a better tourney. First, changing goalies so late, when Memo had been the one stopping all throughout the friendlies. Second, taking Cua who is waaaay past his prime and slower then a snail out there. Third, picking Bofo over Jonathan. Bofo really had no business being in the selection process. And lastly, Aguirre's decisions. From continuing to start Guille despite his lack of production, to starting Cua and making him captain, to starting Bofo against Argentina. He really dropped the ball with his decisions. I must say, players I was satisfied with were Barrera, Efrain, Chicharito and Salcido.

We have the Copa America to look forward to next.

I hope Argentina beats Germany. Latin American teams got my backing.

I find it very fitting that MEX and ENG lost today.I have always believed that there are many similarities in both nations
Both teams are highly regarded in their region, both teams have media and a fanbase that expects greatness from them, and both teams are always filled with players that carry a certain arrogance amongst their opponents.

But both teams are 2nd/3rd tier teams in reality, and until both nations find the humility and humbleness to accept this, they will not move forward.

Mex will continue to bang it out with the rest of the "lowly" teams in CONCACAF. When they win, they claim their superiority, their advancement,their in depth understanding of the game while simultaneously throwing every single opponent under the bus....lord knows how many times I have heard mexican players over the decades belittle CONCACAF teams, calling us backward, primitive, undeveloped, irrelevant. But when they lose against us, they blame everyone but themselves, and even in their acceptance of failure, they will always manage to demean those teams...doesnt matter what generation of players, Hernandez, Sanchez, Blanco, etc, they can never be man about their business and say "hey you know what? we got outplayed by a better team". It's always a penalty call that didnt go their way, an offside goal, bad refs, the crowd, the airflight, the wind, the heat, etc. In the late 80s/90s, they used to say that it was only a matter of getting more players in europe. THAT was the final step....now, they got players in holland, england, spain and it's the same result. Their running out of excuses

It's always a penalty call that didnt go their way, an offside goal, bad refs, the crowd, the airflight, the wind, the heat, etc

USA, Ireland , England  and Mexico all have a right to complain
ohwell.gif

It's always a penalty call that didnt go their way, an offside goal, bad refs, the crowd, the airflight, the wind, the heat, etc

USA, Ireland , England  and Mexico all have a right to complain
ohwell.gif
naw man, I aint even talking about today. I'm talking about the games throughout the decades that they have lost against CONCACAF teams. It's always something

I hope Germany beats argentina... im really hoping for an epic euro 08 final rematch, Spain v Germany.

Back
Top Bottom