:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

^ LOL

#argentina
pimp.gif

the best players of the tournament typically come out in the elimination games.

im still waiting to see if c. ronaldo can come up with a legit goal. still waiting on torres.

i LOVE the Uruguayan team. They seem to have a stout defensive back line and with forlan and suarez up top, are looking dangerous. should be interesting to see what happens if they can beat ghana and come up and play the dutch or brazil.

germany today looked amazing. klose, ozil, sweishnsteiger (sp?), podolski, mueller and co...they definently have the talent to win it all.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Stop complaining about that first goal that was offsides, it's not like it was our only goal without it we still would've won the match. The only reason Mexico dominated the second half was because we went up by three goals and we took our foot off the accelerator and pulled the team back, there was no need to keep attacking all Argentina had to do was park the bus and make sure we get to the quarterfinal match healthy. I still think of all the matches we played this World Cup this was Argentina's worst by far, but hey we played like complete ++!* and still scored three goals, that speaks volumes.
Geeeeez, are you being serious?
laugh.gif
They actually scored 1 goal and were gifted 2. And Tevez' strike was a laser but upon replay the keeper was a couple inches from getting a hand on it. Now IF Ochoa had been in goal like he should, that's a 5 inch difference plus quicker reflexes. See, I can play the "Would've" game too.

Regardless of who would've won or lost, the potential of this match was marred by the asst ref.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

How have the Dutch been playing?
I'm always rooting for the Dutch at th world cup. Prob because when I was younger my father always talked about how it was so fun to watch the Dutch play Total Football.

It seems that the Dutch are always overlooked at the World Cup.
Edgar Davids is still my favorite footballer. Dude was the definition of a total footballer.
They're often overlooked for a reason. Supremely talented but they havent done much of note at the WC since 1974 and 78. Their current team is very good as usual but their WC run will likely end at the hands of Brazil in the QFs. I'd love to see them overcome their demons and make the finals but its hard to put much faith in them when they've made a habit of disappointing people for 30+ years now.
Yeh, that is why they';re overlooked but Spain and Portugal don't show up in big games as well. Yet, they still get the hype. Especially Portugal.
laugh.gif

Idk, maybe it's a geographic thing.
I don't think it's geography, it's star power. 
When Holland have had superstars on their squad, they've been as hyped at anyone else. Cruyff, Bergkamp, etc. They haven't had a superstar of that level for a few years, although players like RVN and Robben and Sneider and RVP have been close at points.

Portugal had Figo for a number of years, and now has Ronaldo. A huge part of their hype comes from that star power.  

I think in general the amount of hype international teams receive is based on the size of their largest star in the soccer galaxy. You need to be able to put a face on the poster. Holland doesn't have that right now, at least not on the level of Portugal or Spain or Argentina or Brazil. 

smh at the english tabloids telling my dude Donovan during the World Cup that they are set to run a story of him getting an english broad pregnant.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

2s6agqf.jpg
Gabi smacks the camera after seemingly getting hit hard on the head...straight gangsta
eek.gif

unfortunately this is the same dude who rolls on the ground writhing in pain at the slightest contact...
laugh.gif

any guesses as to how many yellows chile gets vs. brazil?

things got ugly for a bit vs. spain, if brazil tacks on a couple early goals i can see chile getting physical (that came out wrong you know what i mean)

i don't think they have a chance especially with two suspended players. anything can happen but brazil has a better defense and better offense.......kaka returning to the pitch seals the deal.

holland is playing great, they are fun to watch and i am sort of rooting for them.

portugal IMO is vastly overrated........i don't care how many blank sheets in a row they got, the only two impressive ones were against ivory coast and brazil. the rest were against mostly subpar opponents like china, estonia, malta, mozambique, north korea......need i continue?

but spain's lack of consistency and inability to get the offense hitting on all cylinders worries me. i'm disappointed that del bosque is gonna replace xabi alonso (injured) with xavi martinez instead of starting fabregas......i get that he's trying to anchor the defense but fabregas is a more gifted player and too talented to come off the bench. anywhere else and he'd be starting, but spain's midfield is stacked.

oh and my money's on david villa getting the golden boot.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

oh and my money's on david villa getting the golden boot.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah I'd say that's a good choice. If Germany can beat Argentina, I'd have to say Mueller (or even Klose just because of the past 2 WC's) has a chance to win it.

JOHANNESBURG -- The United States' 2-1 loss to Ghana in extra time, which eliminated the Americans from the tournament in South Africa, was the most-watched men's World Cup game ever in this country.

The Nielsen Co. said Saturday afternoon's game was seen by an estimated 14.9 million viewers on ABC. An additional 4.5 million people watched on the Spanish-language Univision.

Link

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

portugal IMO is vastly overrated........i don't care how many blank sheets in a row they got, the only two impressive ones were against ivory coast and brazil. the rest were against mostly subpar opponents like china, estonia, malta, mozambique, north korea......need i continue?
You can add Bosnia X2 to that list as well.  Everyone knows Portugal's defense is very stout.  That's one of the main focuses on the team.  Last world cup same thing. Shutting out England and the Netherlands.  This year shutting out Ivory and Brazil.  Those are very impressive.  I'm really anticipating this game vs Spain.  A lot of my peers say Portugal is going to win (which is shocking b/c some said they wouldn't even qualify), I just feel as if Portugal has to go into attacking mode this game vs Spain. 

Weiss back in the Starting line up good.  Like to see him play again. 

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

first match,first goal...

Messi,you watching this?
devil.gif
lol.. Doesn't matter according to some he doesn't need to score.  Even though he's taken the most shots so far lol.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

first match,first goal...

Messi,you watching this?
devil.gif
lol.. Doesn't matter according to some he doesn't need to score.  Even though he's taken the most shots so far lol.
Don't want to start the debate again, but I don't think there are any hard and fast rules either way.

You could score 5 goals and not be the best player at the WC, or you could score 0 goals and be the best player. People need to pay attention to his game and not just rely on the stat sheet to determine whether or not he's playing well. If Nigeria's keeper hadn't made that ridiculous save, would Messi be having a better tournament right now? Maybe by some measures, but if he's playing a part in most of their goals and unleashing all sorts of shots on target, it's tough to criticize him for not scoring IMO.

Back
Top Bottom