PK's are awesome when your time isnt in it
laugh.gif

roll.gif
word

Let's go Japan

Can't imagine being that one defender right now or that goalie
smh.gif

But the game was overall petty boring.

But Asia coming back hard next world cup.
Maybe China can find 11 people to qualify too
laugh.gif

Whoa terrible way to lose this game

can't wait for Portagul-Spain, Fernando Torres coming out party????

i hate having defenders take penalties. I would rather have someone that is used to putting the ball in the back of the net. But thats just me

I was pulling for Japan. They could've easily won it in the 116th minute (I think), if the pass was more accurate. But if you can't make those passes, then you don't deserve to win, that's always my mentality. Except that neither team deserved to win today, and because of this I hope Paraguay gets a good beating by Spain in the quarter-finals.

Sorry, not about the game going on, but why is FIFA so against instant replays??
why do they need to have the goals determine by the ref's eyes right then on the spot?
plus, a goal is so important, it definitely deserves some time for review.
The time wasted when players flop on the field and yet they cant give goals a minute or two?

even in NBA 3 points get deducted to 2 points if a foot is on the line, and point added if vice versa.
I absolutely don't understand why they can't stop the game for a moment for a goal. what's the harm?

Originally Posted by leonard109

Sorry, not about the game going on, but why is FIFA so against instant replays??
why do they need to have the goals determine by the ref's eyes right then on the spot?
plus, a goal is so important, it definitely deserves some time for review.
The time wasted when players flop on the field and yet they cant give goals a minute or two?

even in NBA 3 points get deducted to 2 points if a foot is on the line, and point added if vice versa.
I absolutely don't understand why they can't stop the game for a moment for a goal. what's the harm?

They say it's because they want the game to be played the same way globally, and some countries/leagues don't have the money and/or technology to implement such a system.

i'm still pissed japan put in a defender who has NEVER scored a goal before to kick a penalty shot!?!?!?!?!?!

lets go portugal!!

0-3 so far my favs south korea england and japan are out...hopefully portugal can stay alive
ohwell.gif

Nice follow up by Villa. Most people would have given up when the keeper stopped the ball.

Back
Top Bottom