:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by Ryda421

LOL @ carlos tevez

forlan goal was better

way to lose faith in your fellow latin people.

uruguay is pulling this off !
I'm not latin
laugh.gif

van Bronkhorst took a left footed shot from the left side from 30 yards out into the upper most part of the top right corner. The shot was unstoppable.

Forlan's shot was very well struck but it was shot centrally and should've been stopped except that the Dutch keeper was cheating a bit to the right.

Gio's goal > Forlan's goal. Gio's goal may be goal of the tournament and it is definitely top 5.

true ! but forlan's goal was in a web of nertherland players. IMO under pressure goal > hardly any pressure. but either way, this game is over nice journey by Uruguay but it's over. GO NETHERLANDS !

great game for Uruguya for being without 4 starters

it is hard to win when the other team has possession of the ball and when the refs are on their side too

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Noskey

Ugh are you @@*@+@+ kidding me?!
smh.gif
Stekelenberg misplayed that terribly. God damnit. +*!# Forlan.

The commentator where I was watching commented on how Stekelenberg is deaf on one ear as the replay of the goal was shown, but then he said looking at the replay, it's easier to believe that he is blind on one eye.
laugh.gif
How did I miss this post?!
roll.gif
Ruthless.

Originally Posted by SamB

That goal was an offsides for sure and it definitely changed the game

Yea it could've been a closer game.

SMFH @ the officials.

good game...

but i felt that the coach could've kept Forlan in there...he seemed resigned to losing after the Dutch went 3-1 up...
smh.gif

robbery

that offside goal changed everything

nice going refs

whoever roots for spain or germany in the finals will notice how the dutch rarely get penalized
dudes have like a 99% steal rate on tackles...which is mad suspect

van bommel getting a yellow when the game is already over
grin.gif

I really thought this was going to extra time but good game nonetheless. ... O YEA FK Van Bommel, frekkin prick

%+%@ yes thats what they @##@!+* get 4 cheating n beating my @##@!+* team i really cheered the most yes i knew they was going to get beat

Props to Uruguay. They played with heart and I would've felt sorry for them had they not won the way they did against Ghana. They were outclassed in the end.

The Dutch have SERIOUS mental issues with holding a lead. First they take a 1-0 lead and then they let Uruguay attack them as much as they want and in the end they equalize. The same with the 3-1 lead. Robben completely WASTING a 100% chance on that attack, WTH was that? And then

I seriously believe that Holland have a better chance at winning the final if they fall behind than if they take the lead. I'm basing this on how they let Uruguay come back twice in the game, not to mention the penalty against Slovakia in the end. If the Slovaks had a couple of more minutes, maybe they could've equalized. On the other hand when they were losing 0-1 against Brazil the Dutch played with passion and came back and really dominated Brazil. Maybe they should let the opposing team score on them in the final.
laugh.gif
Not to mention the 1974 final when they also took the lead but ended up losing.

I have a weird prediction for the remaining semi final and final. In the semi final, I actually give a very slight edge to Spain, but between Spain and Germany, I think that the Dutch have a better chance of winning against Spain.

Diego Forlan has been amazing all tournament. I dont think anyone has pulled more strings for this team in this tournament than Forlan has.

That being said, I think Villa has been the most valuable player so far. 5 of Spain's 6 goals have come off of Villa's foot.

Villa's been more valuable. Don't forget that Spain's 6th goal was off a Villa assist as well.

Weird how Wesley Sneijder can have the best individual soccer year in sport history:

Win the Italian League
Win the Italian Cup
Win Champions League
Win the World Cup
Be the top scorer of the World Cup
Be named the best player of the World Cup

And he still wouldn't be considered one of the truly elite players in the world along with Messi and Ronaldo. In fact, he might not even be considered the best in his country as Robben would still probably rank higher than him on the top *insert number* lists.

I dont think van Persie was ruled offside on Sneijder's goal because it deflected off of 2 Uruguayan defenders or because van Persie was level with the defender. Had van Persie been ahead of the defender and the ball went in then it would have been ruled offsides.

I'm still left baffled as to why Forlan was subbed off after Holland's 3rd goal. Did Uruguay's coach give up? His players certainly did not.

Anyways, congrats to the Netherlands who defied most people's expectations and made it to the finals. This sport is very funny...this might not even be the Netherlands' best team in the last 32-years but this group of players have put the country back in the finals for the first time since 1978.

-the second goal wasn't even off sides since the he never touched the ball.
-Robben missed a perfect opportunity to make it 4-2, but whatever, next time you're suppose to rip the goalies head off not give the ball a love tap. 

Excellent game
pimp.gif

too bad we cant see Forlan kick the ball around anymore, dude has seriously mastered the ways of the Jabulani
laugh.gif

Speaking of today's game, who were those broads they kept showing each time the Netherlands scored? The one with the blonde short hair with the fur coat and the broad next to her in the orange hat were
pimp.gif
from the few seconds they showed them

Back
Top Bottom