:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by airblaster503

As pumped as I am for this years world cup, whoever had the idea to bring in these horns needs to be shot. I was hoping it was just a confederations cup deal, they need to figure out how to mute that garbage out on tv.
As someone that has sat through the noise in person, it can get annoying at first, but it adds to the atmosphere and you get used to it quickly.  Its something the people have been doing over there for YEARS. But I see your point on how it can mess up tv viewing.

The time is here. Let's get this thing started
pimp.gif

TripleXL Vol 2 wrote:
airblaster503 wrote:
As pumped as I am for this years world cup, whoever had the idea to bring in these horns needs to be shot. I was hoping it was just a confederations cup deal, they need to figure out how to mute that garbage out on tv.
As someone that has sat through the noise in person, it can get annoying at first, but it adds to the atmosphere and you get used to it quickly.  Its something the people have been doing over there for YEARS. But I see your point on how it can mess up tv viewing.

Just makes me think of warriors or soldiers doing a battle car through elephant tusk or something, preparing for war. It adds to the atmosphere IMO. Geez-us I am going nuts at my desk at work. I can imagine what it's like being there!

Those freaking 'bees'!

I think it adds to the 'flavor' of football in South Africa. Its a part of their game and should be included.

Good morning NT.

Too bad Mandela could not be there. R.I.P. to his great-granddaughter (13 years old, died in a car crash
frown.gif
).

I'm pulling for South Africa.

^ I think so... almost everyone's got one, so no one ever stops I guess. Communication on the pitch will be a challenge.

Nike boots will be easy to spot... lol

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Sirius... where are the empty seats?
Toward the upper balconies there were a bunch of gaps scattered about. i want to believe it was people getting there late, but it's most likely that ticket prices are out of reach for a lot of people

They can't be honking the horns for that long, damn
But South Africa looking nervous right now, Mexico looking real
good in the first few minutes, 80 percent of the possesions is on mexico's side
with 3 great chances to score. Damn, Let's South Africa, get it together

Originally Posted by TripleXL Vol 2

Originally Posted by airblaster503

I think it would be sweet in person and adds alot of energy in the stadium, but on tv it just sounds like a giant +#+ bee hive.  I am sure though after a couple days I will be able to tune it out mentally

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Maybe it's just me, but I don't even notice the horns unless I stop to think about it. It's just blending in.

Same here. Only time I notice it is when I see someone complain about it on here.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom