:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Well, we're basically here NT.
pimp.gif

years of anticipation has led to this....

fixed.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Where do you watch the games online after??? If you could share.
Pretty sure ESPN360 has them available to watch later.

You can check through the JustinTV archives as well.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Match-day gear includes 8-packs of condoms[/h2]
By Liz Clarke
Cases of condoms (bundled in packets of eight) were prominently displayed and free for the taking in the women's restrooms at Soccer Stadium for Friday's World Cup stadium, evidence of FIFA's awareness of and commitment to the need to confront the epidemic of HIV/AIDS in the host nation.

The "Choice" brand condoms were provided by South Africa's Department of Health, and the packaging included a toll-free number for the AIDS Hotline, as well as a six-panel illustration of proper use and disposal.

-Soccer Insider, Washington Post

Damn!
laugh.gif

JOHANNESBURG (AP)—Nelson Mandela’s 13-year-old great-granddaughter was killedin a car crash, forcing the former president to forego a hoped-for appearance atthe World Cup’s opening game Friday.

The Nelson Mandela Foundation said Zenani Mandela died in a one-car accidentafter attending Thursday’s World Cup kickoff concert at the Orlando Stadium.

The foundation later confirmed Mandela would not attend the World Cupopening ceremony and first game in Johannesburg, dashing hopes the frail91-year-old former president would make a rare appearance. Mandela and hisfamily were “torn up

It's ludicrous that ESPN didn't transmit the pre-game show this morning. ABC is showing it tonight as an edited version. *@@* like that makes me mad.

Good thing we have the internet.

Half an hour til kick off!

80145990.png

Starting lineups for game 1. I guess this thread will be the in-game discussion thread so...

What site are my fellow "workers" watching these on? ATDHE.net is feeding the stream from ustream but it is choppy like ocean water!

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

It's ludicrous that ESPN didn't transmit the pre-game show this morning. ABC is showing it tonight as an edited version. *@@* like that makes me mad.

Thank God for CBC, Canadian TV finally coming through with full coverage

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

They showed the concert live on the Deuce yesterday.

As pumped as I am for this years world cup, whoever had the idea to bring in these horns needs to be shot. I was hoping it was just a confederations cup deal, they need to figure out how to mute that garbage out on tv.

30 minutes into World Cup coverage and ESPN has already had 3 technical difficulties. They better get this right. You would think they would have tested this stuff...

Originally Posted by airblaster503

As pumped as I am for this years world cup, whoever had the idea to bring in these horns needs to be shot. I was hoping it was just a confederations cup deal, they need to figure out how to mute that garbage out on tv.
It's a local thing. Gotta respect it no matter how annoying
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

YES!! I've been waiting for four years for this +##!, lets gooooooo! Ain't nothing like a world cup!

Originally Posted by S0rtega2

What site are my fellow "workers" watching these on? ATDHE.net is feeding the stream from ustream but it is choppy like ocean water!
Try stream2watch, they usually have mutiple steams with a HD skysports stream

Back
Top Bottom