:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

^ my guess is there was a scuffle in the locker room and buffon caught a stray haymaker
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Time to watch some real "World Champions" play!
Italy
grin.gif
?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yep, they are, after all, the reigning world cup champions.  Though they're certainly not playing like it right now... 
Coulda been 0-2, shoulda been 0-2 
eek.gif

EDIT ~ Order restored?  Keeper shoulda got a touch... 

Man these Paraguay defenders keep making stupid giveaways...I can't help but to think that will come back to haunt them somehow

EDIT :
roll.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Goal Italy rom a Corner...hit a Paraguay guy seems like. 1-1. 

This is definitely the best game of today's 3.

Tommorow Portugal and Brasil debut...and the early game definitely sucks, therefore, no way will I watch that.
laugh.gif

Well good game. Paraguay was trying so hard to hang on to the result for the final 10 mins
laugh.gif
. I hope Roque starts next game.

Holland didnt look great because they were playing one of the best defensive teams in this tournament. The Danes were firm and unwilling to commit bodies forward which made life tough for the Dutch attackers. If not for a terrible clearance attempt by Poulsen this match would've ended 0-0 (the 2nd Dutch goal was a result of Denmark pushing forward at the end). Holland will look much better in their next 2 matches against weaker opponents. Denmark should also get atleast 4 pts and advance out of this group.

Cameroon have been terrible for years now and I'm not sure what Paul Le Guen has done to improve this team. I dont think he's started the same XI in consecutive matches all season. What was this moron thinking using Eto'o on the wing and subbing on old man Geremi in midfield? Why was Emana on the bench? I believe Alex Song didnt play due to an injury. Anyways, Cameroon are done. The right side of their defence is really weak and I expect Netherlands and Denmark to score some goals on them.  Japan played with great pace and energy, were extremely organized and are reaping the rewards of the improved J-League. They arent quite as good as the South Koreans yet but they have improved significantly. They'll probably lose to their next 2 opponents but they should keep things close.

Italy looked good today...their biggest problem is probably their lack of good strikers. They always start slow so I wouldnt look too much into this result. They'll cruise into the 2nd round and then we'll see what they're made of. Paraguay defended well and they didnt get the 3 pts thanks to a goalkeeping error. They should get out of this group unbeaten with atleast 5 pts.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I bet it's mad fun playing in the rain

It is
pimp.gif
Well, after you get started and arent freezing your balls off. The only downside is that the ball is so unpredictable when it hits the ground off of a cross.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Holland - 10
Denmark - 1

Japan - 1
Cameroon - 1

Italy - 2
Paraguay - 0
Got the right number of goals for the Ita/Par game, got Japan's goal right, and got Denmark's goal right
pimp.gif

not surprised @ italy, they always play dirty when there losing, but they tied it up because paraguays goalie came out to far. i really wanted to see them win.

i was expecting another blowout by the dutch.

Originally Posted by JD214

Info on Buffon
nerd.gif
I just came in asking that. I hope the weather (rain) had something to do with it, and that he will be fine for Sunday.

Does anyone have a link to buy his jersey online? The white one is
pimp.gif
12947.jpg

I cant wait for this Ivory Coast-Portugal game. Im hoping the Ivory Coast can still pull this out

The univision commentators said there was some *%*+ talking amongst the players in the Italian locker room at halftime, and I think it helped since they played a little better afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom