:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

i cant believe what i just watched!, oh well, the swiss played their game and played it almost to perfection, now lets hope for a tie in todays later game...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Torres' first-touches. Damn
smh.gif

Has Navas made a decent cross tonight?

Spain's crosses were pretty weak the entire game.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Dudes were 50-1 in their last 51 matches...This...This right here is a MAJOR shock.
2 game losing streak in South Africa though
laugh.gif
wink.gif

LOL 5 MIN STOPPAGE TIME....I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE FIFA.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Edit : Wrong about the 2 game thing...they won the 3rd place game vs RSA...but still
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ballin 2k3

i cant believe what i just watched!, oh well, the swiss played their game and played it almost to perfection, now lets hope for a tie in todays later game...

What do you mean?  Chile and Honduras already played.  

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

He's Mexican. A tie between RSA and Uruguay helps them.

c'mon son we are talking about SA vs Uruguay

What did I say about Spain? Way too predictable. I surprised they gotexposed so early but I felt it would happen eventually. We've seen howteams beat high possession, short passing squads plenty of times inrecent years. Switzerland executed the 'park the bus, counter attack'approach perfectly today.

Only 8% of teams that lost their opening match have gone on to advance to the 2nd round of the WC.

No team that lost their opening match has ever gone on to win the WC.

Spain better switch things up because Honduras and Chile are going totry the exact same thing against them next week. It does not look goodfor Spain at all. Brazil in the 2nd round if they do advance out oftheir group? Good luck with that.

the only viable scenario in which spain gets eliminated is.

spain beats honduras, and ties chile (unlikely)
switzerland ties chile and beats honduras

which would give
switzerland - 7
chile - 5
spain - 4
honduras - 0

or
spain beats honduras and chile
switzerland loses to chile and beats honduras

chile - 6
switzerland - 6
spain - 6
honduras - 0

and we would have to pray for these exact results (in terms of net goals)
chile 2 - 0 switzerland

spain 1 - 0 honduras

spain 1 -  0 chile

switzerland 2 - 0 honduras

roll.gif

i just dont want to have to face spain in the round of 16 
eyes.gif

[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Spain will beat Honduras comfortably...Switzerland vs. Chile and Chile vs. Spain are unpredictable. Heck, its not a given that Switzerland have enough fire power upfront to beat Honduras. I'll just sit back and watch this group unfold...Spain should still advance though.

Standings in the NT WC Fantasy Game after Round 1 :

k00k8j.jpg

Round 2 begins when Uruguay and RSA kickoff. You still have time to make any changes/subs for that game if you haven't and want to...

Originally Posted by gil23

c'mon son we are talking about SA vs Uruguay
yep, im talking about SA vs uruguay

Can we all agree now that Brazil will take this cup if they hit all cylinders?

BTW, I dont care how out of form Senna is, we've yet to see a Spanish midfielder shield their defence as effectively of this man. Xabi Alonso and Busquets are not as good at stifling counter-attacks as Senna was for Spain. Excluding him could come back to haunt Del Bosque.

Damn it Spain.
mad.gif
mad.gif

I don't even know why they start Biscuits. Maybe start Torres alongside Villa. Or even throw Cesc in there for him.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

BTW, I dont care how out of form Senna is, we've yet to see a Spanish midfielder shield their defence as effectively of this man. Xabi Alonso and Busquets are not as good at stifling counter-attacks as Senna was for Spain. Excluding him could come back to haunt Del Bosque.

Yup I was thinking the exact same thing.

Spain will beat Honduras comfortably...Switzerland vs. Chile and Chile vs. Spain are unpredictable. Heck, its not a given that Switzerland have enough fire power upfront to beat Honduras. I'll just sit back and watch this group unfold...Spain should still advance though.

i was just fantasizing about the different ways in which we could get rid of spain from the get-go. i dont want to face them in the round of 16 at all.
but hey, brazil being first in their group isnt a given i guess 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

i was just fantasizing about the different ways in which we could get rid of spain from the get-go. i dont want to face them in the round of 16 at all.
but hey, brazil being first in their group isnt a given i guess 
ohwell.gif
Why would you as a Brazilian be afraid of perennial chokers like Spain? Brazilians should never be afraid of any team when it comes to this sport. I'd fancy Brazil's chances against this predictable Spanish team. Ofcourse this loss could be the best thing to ever happen to Spain if they realize that their style of play must be modified.

Right now I'd say Germany and Brazil are the most tactically sound teams in the tournament. If Brazil can get Kaka, Melo and Gilberto Silva going then they'll surely reach atleast the semi-finals.

Back
Top Bottom