:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

forlan
pimp.gif

nice shot

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

. I don't really recall seeing anything outside the box before now.

Clint Dempsey's goal was from outside the box.
"only the third goal from outside the box" - studio analyst dude
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by engoi

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Ahahahahaha Spain.
Why are you laughing? The same thing is gonna happen to the Netherlands soon.

I know
frown.gif

But for now I'm definitely enjoying myself. $!%$ Spain.
No believe in Eliah and Robben ?
I believe that history will rear it's ++@ ugly head again, leading to another World Cup full of choke.

But I'll enjoy the ride while it's going.
We'll see, in 1974 you played very arrogant and deserved the loss.
And if you're current coach doesn't replace his best player already after 50 minutes, you'll have a chance.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by cruzair13

the ignorance of americans when it comes to soccer
just because they suck.
that article is a disgrace, they've been complaining about the horns, just deal with it.
it's really sick watching american coverage when an american speaks or american commentators with their total bias is hella annoying.
but this is probably the greatest event on earth that brings the world together, but americans can't understand because they cannot dominate so they are ignorant to it.
It doesn't help that the guy who wrote that is a douche even when talking domestic sports/league. 
laugh.gif
i dont know whats more disturbing, Rick Reilly's article or your generalizations
smh.gif

ESPN's coverage of the USNT probably isnt much more biased than any other network covering their home side...have you seen Sky Sports or Univision? most commentators are critical of the national team anyway..

even though i disagree entirely with Rick Reilly's article, he's only like the billionth person to complain about the noise...

oh and the US sucks now at soccer? interesting

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

"only the third goal from outside the box" - studio analyst dude
laugh.gif
Well there you go.

I don't know how anyone can say this new ball isn't a factor.

If I recall correctly, the other outside the box goal is Koren's from Slovenia Algeria, which should have been saved easily. So all three of the outside the box goals were "lucky" you could say. Dempsey and Koren's should have been saved, and Forlan's took a deflection that gave it that wild arc.

Is there a good website to stream these games? I don't have access to ESPN3.com and have had trouble locating another reliable site to stream form.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

mexico NEEDS to win tomorrow, otherwise playing in a must win against URU is gonna be damn tough, and stressful for their fans

still have mexico advancing with uruguay out of group A

Originally Posted by RoOk

Wow...Shameful game by RSA
Instead of blasting them for this performance, I'd praise them for their fight against Mexico. The truth is that this South African squad is one of the worst teams at the tournament, if not the worst, and they didn't even qualify for the 16 team African Cup of Nations earlier this year. I think their FIFA ranking coming into the tourney was the lowest among the 32 teams. The fact that they tied Mexico was a testament to the tremendous home field advantage that hosts enjoy at the World Cup.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by RoOk

Wow...Shameful game by RSA
Instead of blasting them for this performance, I'd praise them for their fight against Mexico. The truth is that this South African squad is one of the worst teams at the tournament, if not the worst, and they didn't even qualify for the 16 team African Cup of Nations earlier this year. I think their FIFA ranking coming into the tourney was the lowest among the 32 teams. The fact that they tied Mexico was a testament to the tremendous home field advantage that hosts enjoy at the World Cup.
I was just about to say this.. Actually I was going to be a little less nice though lol.. In reality they shouldn't receive a point, but the first match, home field definitely played a huge part in that.  Or Mexico just failed to deliver either way.. South Africa is probably the 10th best African team.  Actually I have them in the top 10-15 Range

Back
Top Bottom