:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by bkmac

12947.jpg

Where can I buy this jersey?
The black one is on soccer.com. Haven't seen the white joint anywhere.

i take back what i said about Enyeama being a top 5 player in the tournament.

he has been THE best player in the World Cup thus far.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Need Greece to beat Nigeria. Sorry, Korea MUST advance!

Messi and Higuain running the midfield are just not fair... Wow.
Korea will have it's chance against Nigeria in the 3rd game.  Whether Nigeria or Greece win, it won't matter.  
If Korea wins their next game or even draws...they will advance.

Same can be said about Nigeria though.  If they win today...all they will need to do is draw Korea. 
One way or another Korea needs to win. If Greece wins, they will surely lose to Argentina. With a Nigerian loss, the next game with Korea will be a little easier. A win OR draw will advance us. If Nigeria wins, Korea needs a win.

At least Keita will not be there.
For Greece.  They need to win (up 2-1) and yeah it's highly unlikely they get a point outta Arg.  A draw would be big for them.  That would put them at 4, and they would hope for Nigeria to draw or beat Korea.
Nigeria, though, doesn't seem like a team that will give it their all in their final game if they have 0 points.

Korea will most likely advance unless Nigeria can score to tie it and beat Korea, or Greece wins today and somehow ties or beats Argentina.  

Your team should be good fam.  

Nigeria is really pressing. This is the WC right here man!!! Should be an exciting end of game. Playing with 10 guys never helps, though

If this result holds it'll be a thrilling last day in Group B.

Argentina- 6
South Korea- 3 (3 GF, 4 GA)
Greece- 3 (2 GF, 3 GA)
Nigeria- 0 (1 GF, 3 GA)

If Nigeria beats Korea and Greece loses to Argentina, Nigeria goes through. There are a number of other scenarios, but all three teams will be alive.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Damnit I just woke up.. Missed the Argentina game. Saw that they won 4-1 though.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 Yeah you didn't miss a lot.  Just pure domination.  The first half was pretty fun to watch, though.  Argentina just say F this noise in the 2nd half and went with it.  This Nigeria-Greece game has been entertaining.  Just hope France-Mexico is a good one as well. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Argentina- 6
Greece- 3 (2 GF, 3 GA)
Nigeria- 0 (1 GF, 3 GA)

If Nigeria beats Korea by two goals, and Greece loses to Argentina by any score, Nigeria goes through. There are a number of other scenarios, but all three teams will be alive.
Nice breakdown. Yeah, this is an exciting group! Need Korea to win.

I kinda feel bad for Nigeria though. Playing a man down for pretty much the whole match. I wonder what their psyche will be come Tuesday...

^holy $!*$

Seriously though, if Greece somehow squeaks in cuz Argentina just tanks for some reason, I will be mad. They really didn't deserve that win even though they did a good job of taking advantage of being a man up. Still I wanna see competitive teams come through, and Greece has not been competitive at all when playing 11v11

I never knew you lived in Korea sirius?

Korea are really huge fans of soccer.

But then again, which country isnt rooting for their own team?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by DT43

i take back what i said about Enyeama being a top 5 player in the tournament.

he has been THE best player in the World Cup thus far.

lol

You're terrible
i don't back off my statement at all. that second goal was really his only mistake in 180+ minutes of play.

he had 9 saves, and for his team being a man down he was fairly impressive.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Nah I'm not in Korea, but those photos makes me wish I was. I definitely admire their sense of cultural unity.

As do I man.  This countries no how to get down for their soccer.  

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Argentina- 6
Greece- 3 (2 GF, 3 GA)
Nigeria- 0 (1 GF, 3 GA)

If Nigeria beats Korea by two goals, and Greece loses to Argentina by any score, Nigeria goes through. There are a number of other scenarios, but all three teams will be alive.
nigeria just needs to win, by any score ... and hope for the probable result that greece loses.
to be honest, todays match changed almost nothing. the only way it would've, is if it was a high enough scoring draw (like 3-3) so nigeria could just tie korea for the final spot. because even at 2-2 against greece... korea would still have the edge in a tie against nigeria.

nigeria vs. korea should be thrilling... assuming taiwo can play and MARTINS starts. really stupid not playing him today

South Korean fans are among the best in sports. Just take a look at highlights of their matches in 2002 and 2006...tens of thousands of Korean fans chanting/singing in unison for 90 minutes straight. Too bad their players are physical/dirty as he.ll
grin.gif

Nigeria are still very much alive. I expect Argentina to beat Greece which means that a measly 1-0 Nigeria win would be enough to put them through to the 2nd round. Easier said than done though, Korea vs. Nigeria will be a very close match.

Back
Top Bottom