:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

A crew of South African artists were hired by ad firm Wieden+Kennedy to promote ESPN's transmission of the WC

http://www.amicollective.com
good looks on this and the pictures
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Need Greece to beat Nigeria. Sorry, Korea MUST advance!

Messi and Higuain running the midfield are just not fair... Wow.
Korea will have it's chance against Nigeria in the 3rd game.  Whether Nigeria or Greece win, it won't matter.  
If Korea wins their next game or even draws...they will advance.

Same can be said about Nigeria though.  If they win today...all they will need to do is draw Korea. 

indifferent.gif
at that flop, are you SERIOUS?

that better not end up costing us the 3 points.

Originally Posted by DT43

indifferent.gif

Whether that was flopping or how much of it is completely irrelevant when it's that obvious that he ATTEMPTS to kick him. That's like saying that Shaq shouldn't have been ejected that time when he nearly murdered Brad Miller with that punch just because the punch didn't connect. Stupidity at its finest by Keita. How can a player at this level make such a dumb mistake? Unbelievable.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by DT43

indifferent.gif

Whether that was flopping or how much of it is completely irrelevant when it's that obvious that he ATTEMPTS to kick him. That's like saying that Shaq shouldn't have been ejected that time when he nearly murdered Brad Miller with that punch just because the punch didn't connect. Stupidity at its finest by Keita. How can a player at this level make such a dumb mistake? Unbelievable.
EXACTLY.  If Keita was dumb enough to kickout in that situation, then he deserved to be sent off.  It was in the middle of the pitch in a non-threatening situation.  
Frankly I'm surprised anyone is looking at it from the "flop" perspective.  The bottomline is that he attempted the kick.

i just saw it on replay and it looked a lot worse than i initially thought. that was an extremely dumb move.. he pushed the guy first, and when the guy pushed back he completely ODed. i dont know what he possibly could have been thinking.

smh.. only Nigeria
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Need Greece to beat Nigeria. Sorry, Korea MUST advance!

Messi and Higuain running the midfield are just not fair... Wow.
Korea will have it's chance against Nigeria in the 3rd game.  Whether Nigeria or Greece win, it won't matter.  
If Korea wins their next game or even draws...they will advance.

Same can be said about Nigeria though.  If they win today...all they will need to do is draw Korea. 
One way or another Korea needs to win. If Greece wins, they will surely lose to Argentina. With a Nigerian loss, the next game with Korea will be a little easier. A win OR draw will advance us. If Nigeria wins, Korea needs a win.

At least Keita will not be there.

Even if the Greek player didnt flop it still would've been a straight red. Even if Kaita didnt connect it would've been a straight red. That bone-headed moment by Kaita may single-handedly end Nigeria's WC pre-maturely.

I was hoping for Greece to equalize prior to the red card just to make up for that flukey Nigerian goal. Now its looking like Greece will do more than equalize. The combination of Kaita's red card and Samaras being brought on has completely swung the match in Greece's favor.

I dont like Lagerback's choice of personnel for this match. He should've went with Obasi and Martins with Yakubu in the middle. Obasi played much better than Odemwingie last match and Martins' speed would torment the slow Greek defence. Ultimately though, the blame should lie squarely on Kaita's shoulders if Nigeria lose this match. I really fear for Kaita's life...mistakes like that could get you killed in third world countries.

pimp.gif
@ Argentina putting the sword to South Korea. I really liked Maradona's decision to bring on Aguero. South Korea were enjoying a nice 10+ minute spell in the 2nd half until the tired Tevez was taken out for the fresh Aguero. Aguero then contributed to 2 more Argentine goals. Who says Messi cant perform without his Barca team mates? He followed up his good performance vs. Nigeria with a not as dominant performance today but he did directly contribute to all 4 Argentine goals. He is way more than just a goal scorer and he played very well today.

Higuain had the easiest hat trick ever. Unmarked header for the 1st goal followed by 2 tap in goals. I still think Diego Milito is better than him right now though.

I wouldnt get too gassed up yet. We knew this would be an easy group for Argentina where atleast 7 pts were expected. As xtapolat said, the tournament hasnt started yet, especially for an Argentina team that can afford to fool around in this light group. It looks like France/Mexico/Uruguay are around the corner for Argentina although I like their chances against any of those teams.

I really fear for Kaita's life...mistakes like that could get you killed in third world countries.

this. Nigerians assassinate rival presidents and politicians.. this dude? he is all but done if they lose. even worse that he is Housa (the hated "low-class" ethnic group in Nigeria) so people already wouldnt like him. he better be praying right now.

btw.. Enyeama has probably been a top 5 player in this tournament. as i type this he makes another sick save.

Back
Top Bottom