:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by GMA 11

both teams are trying their best to lose this 
laugh.gif
 yep

laugh.gif
 my cameroon boys going wild on fb

The quality in this match is terrible but it's making for a very entertaining game. Cameroon have some of the most brain dead footballers I've ever seen. Emana was in front of goal and decides to pass it instead...Webo has a chance on net and shoots in 80 yards skywards.

This is the best I've seen Geremi play in years. The old man still has his legs.

Great bit of skill by Rommedaul... defender coulda done better, but that was a great finish...
Expect more goals 
nerd.gif

I feel bad for Cameroon fans...Webo, Emana and Makoun are terrible. Eto'o cant do much with all these bums surrounding him.

Ooooooh damn Poulsen got @!##++# drilled
eek.gif
sick.gif
Dude's gonna have the most intense headache in a couple minutes.

Sorry Cameroon, but you should have converted one of your dozens of chances. Better luck next Cup.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Striker Anelka dismissed by French
Email Print
Associated Press
KNYSNA, South Africa -- Striker Nicolas Anelka was thrown off France's World Cup squad Saturday after reportedly insulting coach Raymond Domenech.

French Football Federation vice president Noel Le Graet told France's RTL radio the decision was made Saturday after Anelka refused to apologize.

The Chelsea striker reportedly made obscene comments to Domenech at halftime during the 2-0 loss to Mexico on Thursday.

"Faced by the refusal of the player to publicly apologize, he [FFF president Jean-Pierre Escalettes] took the decision in total agreement with the coach and the official members of the delegation present in Knysna to exclude Nicolas Anelka from the squad," the FFF said in a statement. "He will leave the French team camp this evening."

France's team page
For more about Les Bleus and their chances in South Africa this summer, click here.
The FFF said France captain Patrice Evra was also present with Escalettes when the decision was taken.

Two unconvincing performances in the 0-0 draw with Uruguay and against Mexico had observers such as former France defender Bixente Lizarazu furious at Anelka's casual attitude.

"What bothers me is Nicolas Anelka's performance in the first half. I saw a player strolling ... strolling in the World Cup!" Lizarazu said. "He wasn't aggressive, wasn't interested in the game. Domenech took him off at the break, but should have done so before. You shouldn't play in a selfish manner, you have to show you're up for it."

To other observers, Anelka was never mature enough to take part in a major tournament in the first place.

Like Eric Cantona before him, Anelka will now be known as one of France's most talented but enigmatic players. Cantona, who once kicked a spectator in England, also spent time in limbo after insulting France coach Henri Michel live on television after he was dropped for a friendly match against Czechoslovakia in 1988.

Cantona's tirade against Michel kept him off the France squad until Michel Platini recalled him a year later, while Anelka had an even longer spell out.

Anelka scored twice in a stunning performance against England way back in 1999, but then refused to play under Jacques Santini and spent three years off the national team until Domenech called him back up in November 2005.

Six months later, Domenech snubbed him for the 2006 squad. But Anelka seemed to have put that behind him when he scored a deflected goal at Ireland in the World Cup playoff last November.

French sports minister Roselyne Bachelot says the "huge pressure" on the French players because of the team's poor results is not an excuse for poor behavior.

"The players must keep in mind that they are wearing France's colors and are considered to be role models by many youngsters," Bachelot said in a statement. "This obliges them to show restraint and dignity."

Anelka's expulsion followed newspaper allegations that midfielder Yoann Gourcuff is an unpopular figure on the squad and that defender William Gallas is upset with Domenech for giving the captain's armband to Evra.

Only a handful of French players spoke to the media after the Mexico defeat left France staring at elimination four years after losing to Italy in the World Cup final.

France needs to beat South Africa convincingly Tuesday, and hope Mexico and Uruguay don't draw their final game, to have any chance of qualifying for the second round.

"We deserve the criticism," France midfielder Jeremy Toulalan said Friday. "Despite what was said, I think there were a lot of supporters who had hope. We owe it to ourselves to fight for these people."

Gallas is refusing to speak to reporters for the duration of the competition, while Franck Ribery, Anelka and Thierry Henry -- all mainstays of the team -- have also not spoken so far.

Toulalan, one of only a few players to speak after the Mexico match, fears the team is now a collection of individual talents with no camaraderie whatsoever. He added that "everyone has to do their own self-analysis" and that things will only improve if "everyone is honest [with themselves] and understands what they did or did not do."

Toulalan would not talk about squabbles within the squad.

Some reports have alleged that Gourcuff sometimes eats alone at the dinner table, and that Ribery and Anelka do not like him and pressured Domenech to drop him against Mexico.

Gourcuff was replaced by Florent Malouda, and did not play in the match.

In the opening game against Uruguay, Anelka had a clear chance to pass to the unguarded Gourcuff during the first half but chose not to. Gourcuff threw his arms up in the air.

Toulalan, a close friend of Gourcuff, said players should always behave professionally, no matter what their differences.

"We can't all be the best friends in the world," Toulalan said. "But there's no way I'm going to go out on the pitch with the idea that I'm not going to pass to this player or that player."

Gourcuff said after the Mexico defeat he was being made a scapegoat for the team's inability to score goals.

"It has been a collective failure over the two games. Football is hard when you can't play together," Gourcuff said. "Perhaps I have paid the price, I don't know. I've not had any explanations."

THIS is a @%^*# disgrace, the french team is a complete embarrassment! Ireland should be in south africa, Domenech
mad.gif
, zidane needs to make a visit to the french locker room and off these fools one by one materazzi style  

never liked the French team, hopefully they keep going down hill (sorry all Frenchman on NT)

shouldn't have made it due to that handball by Henry...

they don't even play like a team, only one that's even trying to do anything to help the entire team is Ribery, imo.

7:30 AM - Slovakia vs Paraguay
10 AM - Italia vs New Zealand
2:30 PM - Brasil vs Ivory Coast

My predictions...
Paraguay 2 Slovakia 0
Italy 2 New Zealand 0
Ivory Coast 2 Brasil 2

Originally Posted by TheGift23

7:30 AM - Slovakia vs Paraguay
10 AM - Italia vs New Zealand
2:30 PM - Brasil vs Ivory Coast

My predictions...
Paraguay 2 Slovakia 0
Italy 2 New Zealand 0
Ivory Coast 2 Brasil 2
Ivory Coast 2 Brasil 2  and Italy scoring more than one goal ?
roll.gif
wink.gif

Paraguay 2 Slovakia 0
Italy 1 New Zealand 0
Ivory Coast 1 Brasil 3

Wow, African nations..
smh.gif
What a disappointment. There's a solid chance that not a single one advances to the knockout round. On top of that, we've also seen an African nation become the first host to get knocked out of the first round (not over yet mathematically for South Africa, but they're pretty much done).

Cameroon is out and Nigeria has still a small chance to advance.
The other african nations could still reach the next round, also I hope Ghana will defeated by Germany.

A South Africa has only a small chance to advance if they beat hopefully France.
B Argentinia has to win against Greece and Nigeria has to beat South Korea, than goal difference decides
C Algeria needs only to beat the USA
D Ghana needs only a draw
G Ivory Coast can beat North Korea and tie Portugal

Brazil is much stronger than Portugal including Nani and especially without him Brazil will win.
Drogba alone can't win games and I don't see Ivory Coast better on any position than Brazil.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

^ Ivory Coast already tied Portugal.

....And when was the last time Portugal put on a good performance? I'll wait.

Potugal sucks and Brazil will expose that team for what it is, a bunch of no names playing around Ronaldo. This isn't the Golden Era Portugal, they don't have the fire power they once had.

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

^ Ivory Coast already tied Portugal.

....And when was the last time Portugal put on a good performance? I'll wait.

Potugal sucks and Brazil will expose that team for what it is, a bunch of no names playing around Ronaldo. This isn't the Golden Era Portugal, they don't have the fire power they once had.
Dude...Calm down..I was correcting engoi because he said I.C. had to tie Portugal(which they already did..) Simmadownnah...

Back
Top Bottom