:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by TheGift23

sick.gif
Horrible attendance for this game tournament.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Fixed.

All in all empty seats all over the place, lowest World Cup scoring average ever BY FAR (thanks Mourinho for ruining the beautiful game, you bum), unparalleled multiple complaints about the ball from keepers and players alike and "traditional" vuvuzelas. This tournament has epic failure written all over it. Sepp Blatter needs to resign immediately, and as soon as this tournament is finished FIFA needs to address all the above mentioned issues to avoid a similar failure in 2014.

South American teams are absolutely killing it so far. Paraguay's win today gives South America a record of 6 wins and 2 draws so far.

It's pretty crazy how European teams usually struggle in WCs outside of Europe while South American teams usually struggle in Europe but do well in WCs outside of Europe.

Looks like there's a good possibility Italy and the Netherlands meet in the KO-stage
pimp.gif

Wow, African nations..
smh.gif
What a disappointment. There's a solid chance that not a single oneadvances to the knockout round. On top of that, we've also seen anAfrican nation become the first host to get knocked out of the firstround (not over yet mathematically for South Africa, but they're prettymuch done).
One freakin' win on home soil. I knew African footie was horrible but I expected teams to perform better thanks to crowd support.

All in all empty seats all over the place, lowest World Cup scoringaverage ever BY FAR (thanks Mourinho for ruining the beautiful game,you bum), unparalleled multiple complaints about the ball from keepersand players alike and "traditional" vuvuzelas. This tournament has epicfailure written all over it. Sepp Blatter needs to resign immediately,and as soon as this tournament is finished FIFA needs to address allthe above mentioned issues to avoid a similar failure in 2014.
I think they said that 99% of tickets have been sold but that people just arent showing up for various reasons. I'm not sure who to believe here. As for the tournament itself, yes its been low scoring but most tournaments in recent times have been like this. The sport has changed dramatically. I think it'll pick up though next week where we may see some big name teams eliminated from the group stage (England, Germany, Spain etc), and we should see some tasty 2nd round match-ups.

As for 2014, it'll definitely be better than this WC. Brazil's history, it's location, the size of it's population, their infrastructure, their wealth, etc should make for an excellent WC. Brazil aren't perfect either but they're better suited to hosting an event of this magnitude than are South Africa.

Out of curiosity, how/why did Italy get blue jerseys? It doesn't correspond to their flag.

And as much as I want my Elephants to win, I'm gonna say 2-1 Brazil

I guess it was offside, nevertheless a great goal.
laugh.gif

Now Italy can't play their catenaccio any longer.

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

anyone notice the black arm bands on the Italians? what's that about, did someone die?

A former italian player died (Rossetti).He played for ITaly in 1968 and 1970.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

All in all empty seats all over the place, lowest World Cup scoring average ever BY FAR (thanks Mourinho for ruining the beautiful game, you bum), unparalleled multiple complaints about the ball from keepers and players alike and "traditional" vuvuzelas. This tournament has epic failure written all over it. Sepp Blatter needs to resign immediately, and as soon as this tournament is finished FIFA needs to address all the above mentioned issues to avoid a similar failure in 2014.
no hate,but why is it Mourinho's fault?care to explain?

Potugal sucks and Brazil will expose that team for what it is, a bunch of no names playing around Ronaldo. This isn't the Golden Era Portugal, they don't have the fire power they once had.
No Names?  Are you kidding me. The biggest problem is 3 constant starters Now 4 are injured or playing hurt for Portugal.  Has nothing to do with so called no names or being sorry.  This is not Cameroon we're talking about.
eyes.gif
.. And what Golden Era are you talking about?? 2000 to 2006 minus the 2002 world cup where they bowed out disappointingly.  I'll agree that they don't have the Strike Power they had with Nuno, Pauleta, Figo though that's their biggest weakness.  But, You do know this Portugal team qualified without Ronaldo.  Raul Meireles is going to have to break through and will as he has been vital to Portugal's success. 
I still don't see how your going to prove Portugal sucks by losing to a Brasil team though. MEH

Portugal needs to start Hugo Almedia. Also
tired.gif

Imagine Germany, Spain, France, England and Italy all not advancing... still possible.  
nerd.gif

Rather weak penalty call, but Kiwis have been throwin' bows all over the field, so maybe the ref gave De Rossi the benefit of the doubt when he went down. Either way NZ goal was a mile offside so one bad call deserves another I guess.

Back
Top Bottom