:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

can't wait
pimp.gif

[h3]Essien out of World Cup [/h3]http://www.premierleague....0,,12306~2060674,00.html

Chelsea and Ghana midfielder Michael Essien has been ruled out of the World Cup due to injury.

The 27-year-old missed a large part of the recently-concluded seasondue to knee and ankle injuries and has hardly played any competitivefootball since December.

National coach Milovan Rajevac had hoped the former Lyon man wouldbe passed fit for the showpiece tournament in South Africa this summer,but the Ghana Football Association announced on Thursday he was notexpected to be back in action until the end of July.
His last competitive match was for Ghana during the Africa Cup of Nations earlier this year.
whole career

Last month Essien appeared doubtful that he would make the tournament.

"If I make it for the World Cup then great - if not I have my wholecareer ahead of me," he told Chelsea's official website in April.

"The last thing I want is to rush back and cause more problems down the line."

so whats the recommended online spots for World Cup kits. ebay sellers? Online sites?

like most people, just looking for the deals. hopefully its fairly priced.

right now looking for a David Villa Spain Away kit

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

so whats the recommended online spots for World Cup kits. ebay sellers? Online sites?

Ditto, cept I'm look for a USA home kit
smile.gif
of what player? i have yet to decide, any suggestions?

Essien
frown.gif

That's a heartbreaking loss for Ghana. Don't see a path out of that group for them.

Serbia might have just won itself a place in the Quarterfinals through the injury lottery.

Originally Posted by Ziostilon

Online is your best bet..Onionbag.com, subsidesports.com, worldsoccershop.com.. a CUSTOMIZED ONE your looking to pay between 85-95 bucks.  I wouldn't do Ebay unless it was a reputable seller or I'm 100% sure it is an authentic.  Just got my Odemwingie
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.. Nani and a US is next

Believe it or not, but Ghana have enough depth in midfield to somewhat mitigate Essien's loss. The guys they have now will perform better in the WC than an unhealthy and out-of-form Essien would've performed for them. Ghana have the best CMs in Africa and have players like Appiah, Muntari, Anthony Annan and they just got Kevin Prince Boateng of Portsmouth (who was born in Germany but recently got Ghanian citizenship).

This team is deep in central midfield but they often become stagnant and create little offensively. I think this Ghana team wont concede too many goals but they'll have trouble scoring themselves. Essien's lose is huge but they're better off proceeding without him (there would've been pressure on their coach to use Essien even if he wasnt ready to play).

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Ziostilon said:

Ditto, cept I'm look for a USA home kit
smile.gif
of what player? i have yet to decide, any suggestions?

soccer.com

Jozy Altidore jersey
pimp.gif

im gonna try and get me an Herculez Gomez jersey saturday, with Herculez on the back instead.

^Im leaning towards Onyewu.... maybe i'll also get a pair of shorts just to chill in and play ball in
pimp.gif

Yeah I agree.. Essien would of been more of a burden than help b/c of his name alone. Like Tevez says, the defense is stout, it's just the creativity from the midfield onward to produce scoring opportunities. Hopefully Muntari and the rest of the midfield keep their passes in tact and don't give up stupid counter attacks. I also hear Appiah is not really in good form as well. That could be a major blow to the midfield also.

Pringooooals!

roll.gif
roll.gif

But now I want Pringles, except I have no money to go buy some
frown.gif

Surprised Humberto Suazo will be left off Chiles squad...that's what ESPN Deportes is reporting anyways.

If anyone has a passion for writing about soccer and is looking to gain some experience or brush up on your skills. 90soccer.com is looking for writers to help cover the World Cup. If you're interested send me an email [email protected]

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Surprised Humberto Suazo will be left off Chiles squad...that's what ESPN Deportes is reporting anyways.

word is that he got injured during todays practice, and will be out for 4 weeks.

and rossi? WOW, he seemed like a shoe in not that long ago...the US federation must be laughing it up right now

damn what happened to Rossi is GRIMEY. i had no problem with his decision after reading the article about him, but the USA fan in me couldnt help laughing at him when i read the news
laugh.gif

Italy look worse on paper than they did in Euro 2008. I'm very interested to see if Lippi can pull it off again.

Camoranesi is terrible btw. It's a shame we won't get to see some of Italy's best attacking players.

Back
Top Bottom