:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

I'll do the groups C+D and G+H. Persia you're a Mexico fan right? You can do A+B and E+F

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

persia...i think you're gonna have threads with zero to minimal interest if we go the route of a thread for a pair of groups. i would say two threads at most. definitely split up mexico and usa since those appear to be the two main fan bases on NT.
You think so? I was thinking each of the four threads in the 2groups/thread idea would be packed. Group A/B thread would have Mexico/South Africa, Mexico/France, Argentina/Nigeria, and potentially France/Argentina or Mexico/Argentina. And honestly that thread would be maybe the least interesting of all, and it's still got a lot to talk about.

I also think that we need a non-fan thread to discuss the games. I think there is way too much bias in the supporter threads. So just because there is a Mexico team thread doesn't mean we don't need another thread to discuss their games.
yeah i guess it depends how you group them i guess

Originally Posted by socluis90

I'll do the groups C+D and G+H. Persia you're a Mexico fan right? You can do A+B and E+F
I used to be an Italy fan, but I find myself less and less tied to any particular teams in any sport. It makes the whole watching experience less fun, I'd rather just take it all in and enjoy the games regardless of the result. I was way too upset about the Korea/Italy game in 2002. Not healthy.

That sounds good though, I'll take those two unless others have suggestions.

Just remember to update the thread titles for each game(s).

^ that's actually a good point now that i think about it. a good amount of people are going to be watching every game so there will be people posting in all threads.

So every keeper now is complaining about the ball.
laugh.gif

And the 2 groups per thread idea is very nice. Since the matches are played at different times (except the final day of group play) the discussions will flow nicely.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

So every keeper now is complaining about the ball.
laugh.gif

And the 2 groups per thread idea is very nice. Since the matches are played at different times (except the final day of group play) the discussions will flow nicely.
i went to a store and kicked one around yesterday... i feel for the keepers. the ball flies like no other. you see bastos' goal? it swerved every which way man, and he didnt even hit it THAT hard

Keepers always complain about the ball prior to any event (Euro, WC, etc.)

Call me crazy but I think Brazil's biggest weakness in this WC is going to be their attack. Dunga is like the Jose Mourinho of this event...surrounded by talent but has his players performing very specific duties and employing a more results-oriented approach. I think some causal fans will be in for a surprise when they see Brazil playing mechanical and disciplined footie rather than the free-flowing style that saw them capture the 2002 crown.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Keepers always complain about the ball prior to any event (Euro, WC, etc.)

Call me crazy but I think Brazil's biggest weakness in this WC is going to be their attack. Dunga is like the Jose Mourinho of this event...surrounded by talent but has his players performing very specific duties and employing a more results-oriented approach. I think some causal fans will be in for a surprise when they see Brazil playing mechanical and disciplined footie rather than the free-flowing style that saw them capture the 2002 crown.

This. Its effective as hell though.
I am expecting Robinho to be one of the best players in the tournament. 

I have my 3 sides I'll be rooting for but I'm a fan and trying to watch all the games. I just want to see some good futbol. The 2 group/thread seems like a good idea.

Drogba broke his +!#*%+@ arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's out of the world cup!!!!!

I heard this morning about Drogba and Rio. Just sad to lose those guys as a fan. Key loses for both countries.

any one watching the China-France game. The ball made the weirdest movement on a free kick. China scored on it too

the WC ball controversy always gets me.

the free kick goal by china just now had me
eek.gif
....the ball was wild on that

What time do the opening ceremonies (if any at all) start on the 11th? Same question for the first matchup.

I may cover for someone for work, depending on what time everything gets going on the 11th.

Thanks.

frown.gif
 Drogba. Two of my favorite #@+$%*% players out for the WC (Drogba and Essien).
smh.gif
That's really a bummer.

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Anyone know any forums that talk about soccer and soccer training?
i know this is a WC thread..but are you talking about the WC teams? or training advice?
i do go on much, but i occasionally browse bigsoccer.com
i see niketalker23 in there also
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom