:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

damn what happened to Rossi is GRIMEY. i had no problem with his decision after reading the article about him, but the USA fan in me couldnt help laughing at him when i read the news
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

pimp.gif

rossi doing the same thing im doing. watching the world cup in the united states
pimp.gif
Except he's in a much nicer house, on a much bigger tv..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

pimp.gif

rossi doing the same thing im doing. watching the world cup in the united states
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's what that N' gets. You know he's salty as @+!% right now 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

USA USA USA USA USA USA
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

REALLY into the World Cup. Didn't even see a thread until just now!

Can't wait. 10 days. let's goooooooooooo

So I was thinking we should do separate threads for each group (or 2) in the WC. I have a feeling this thread is going to get real messy in 9 days. What do yal think?

Originally Posted by socluis90

So I was thinking we should do separate threads for each group (or 2) in the WC. I have a feeling this thread is going to get real messy in 9 days. What do yal think?
That's not a bad idea. If we make four group threads, one for groups A+B, one for C+D, etc., we have will have four threads that will take us into the Quarterfinals, since the Round of 16 games will be played between teams from within each thread. Then, we can have a thread for the Quarterfinals, a thread for the Semifinals (includes 3rd place game), and then a thread for the Final. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by socluis90

That's not a bad idea. If we make four group threads, one for groups A+B, one for C+D, etc., we have will have four threads that will take us into the Quarterfinals, since the Round of 16 games will be played between teams from within each thread. Then, we can have a thread for the Quarterfinals, a thread for the Semifinals (includes 3rd place game), and then a thread for the Final. 
I nominate Persia to get the World Cup threads going
wink.gif

Brazil @ Zimbabwe right now.

Believe it or not but Zimbabwe completely outplayed the Brazilians for the majority of the 1st half. They hit the bar once and missed a couple of sitters. Bastos then scored off a free kick and Robinho scored a few minutes later.

I think Brazil's defence has been a bit shaky...they're having trouble dealing with long balls (pause).

Wow. Honduras 0-0 at fulltime vs Azerbaijan...and Azerbaijan had 10 men from the 73rd min and on and Honduras couldn't do anything tsk tsk... David Suazo was GHOST this game.
laugh.gif
  Pavon was worst... They are screwed without Costly up front...

So far Honduras preparation has been game vs a German third division team, a 2-2 draw with Belarus and this. Costa Rica has had better games leading up to this
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

anyone know if north korea finally got uniforms?

nerd.gif
  I'd like to know this too. I might like to show up to my grandfathers in the near future wearing a DPRK jersey, pending his blood pressure and risk of heart attacks/strokes.

Me and my boys were talking about the games last night and couldn't find a definite answer; what time does the US play England (central) American time?

Originally Posted by S0rtega2

Me and my boys were talking about the games last night and couldn't find a definite answer; what time does the US play England (central) American time?
1 pm Saturday the 12th (CST)

Appreciate it homie. One of my boys thought it was at 1 in the morning, then the other said 1 in the afternoon. Then we looked everywhere and it seemed every site had a different military time listed, then we couldn't ever tell if that was SA time or USA time. And to top it off, if it was listed in standard time, there was no AM or PM to let us know exactly what time it was played!!!

We need more opinions on game threads for the tournament.

If we do the 2 groups per thread idea (4 total threads for group stage and Ro16), each would cover 14 games altogether. Example: Group A/B thread would include the 6 group games from each group, and then the 2 Round of 16 games between the group winners and runners up. The thread starter would edit the title of the thread for each game.

Another idea would be to do one thread per group, then one each for the Round of 16, QF, SM, etc.

Or we could make one for each game, but there are like 50 group games so that might be overkill.

Thoughts?

persia...i think you're gonna have threads with zero to minimal interest if we go the route of a thread for a pair of groups. i would say two threads at most. definitely split up mexico and usa since those appear to be the two main fan bases on NT.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

persia...i think you're gonna have threads with zero to minimal interest if we go the route of a thread for a pair of groups. i would say two threads at most. definitely split up mexico and usa since those appear to be the two main fan bases on NT.
You think so? I was thinking each of the four threads in the 2groups/thread idea would be packed. Group A/B thread would have Mexico/South Africa, Mexico/France, Argentina/Nigeria, and potentially France/Argentina or Mexico/Argentina. And honestly that thread would be maybe the least interesting of all, and it's still got a lot to talk about.

I also think that we need a non-fan thread to discuss the games. I think there is way too much bias in the supporter threads. So just because there is a Mexico team thread doesn't mean we don't need another thread to discuss their games.

Yeah, I'd also like to discuss games where fans tend to be less bias and more realistic.  I like the two groups/Thread Idea.  And then separate threads for the round of 16 , 8 and so on. 

Back
Top Bottom